Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Is " Scat Pack" a good name for the 2015 Challenger?

• Yes! It's a great name that brings back the nostalgia of the first generation of Challengers!

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • It's OK...I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No way! It's a terrible name for the best Muscle Car of the 21st Century.

Votes: 2 16.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm so happy Dodge is continuing the Challenger for 2015 and beyond but I think something needs to be addressed at the corporate level.
I don't know how you feel about it but the name "Scat Pack" has a certain meaning. Yeah, it may have been a name used in the past but to me, and I'm not alone, "Scat" means Shit. Yeah, shit. So the marketing geniuises at Dodge thought "Scat Pack"...which literally means a "Bunch of Shit" was a good name to put on a 21st Century Challenger? No. That's a mistake."Hellcat" is cool..."Scat Pack" is definitely not cool. Who wants to tell their friends and family they have a "Scat Pack" Challenger?
If you agree with me I hope you will write to Dodge...there's still time to stop this mistake from tarnishing the great Challenger name. Please send an email to http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/emailpage.html and let them know we don't want our Challengers to be called pieces of shit!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
It's a heritage name and scat means by definition (still in the dictionary) to move off hastily or leave at once. I'm sure you already know that and yes there is an alternative definition, but this is a retro muscle car and they are bringing back retro packages. It could be a lot worse they could name it the Probe, but then Ford already took that name LOL.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Hi all,

I'm so happy Dodge is continuing the Challenger for 2015 and beyond but I think something needs to be addressed at the corporate level.
I don't know how you feel about it but the name "Scat Pack" has a certain meaning. Yeah, it may have been a name used in the past but to me, and I'm not alone, "Scat" means Shit. Yeah, shit. So the marketing geniuises at Dodge thought "Scat Pack"...which literally means a "Bunch of Shit" was a good name to put on a 21st Century Challenger? No. That's a mistake."Hellcat" is cool..."Scat Pack" is definitely not cool. Who wants to tell their friends and family they have a "Scat Pack" Challenger?
If you agree with me I hope you will write to Dodge...there's still time to stop this mistake from tarnishing the great Challenger name. Please send an email to http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/emailpage.html and let them know we don't want our Challengers to be called pieces of shit!
come on dude, grow up ! Dodge did not intead to use ''scat'' the way you are taking it.

if you look up Scat pack this is the answer you'll get ''An effective marketing campaign that Dodge used in the late 60's and early 70's to promote their line-up of performance optioned cars. Most notably the Super Bee, Charger R/T, Coronet R/T, and the Dart GTS or Swinger. These cars were readily identifyable by the "bumblebee" stripe wrapped around the back end of the car.''

if you were a real mopar or even a car enthusiast you would not even of thought about this let alone make this ridiculous thread

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,761 Posts
Hi all,

You are not serious are you? There are several uses of the word, the first one that comes up is
Definition of SCAT

: to go away quickly

: to move fast : scoot
Sounds like 1972 all over again with the Dodge Demon, it had to be changed to Dart Sport.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I pretty much hit the nail on the head this time. Nostalgia or not...Scat is not the right word for a Challenger, it just sounds nasty. Period.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's just cause you weren't there the first time around, kid. Let me guess, you are unfamiliar with Rat Fink, as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.