Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be a simple question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

Does the purchase of a Scat Pack (purchased from Dodge & installed by Dodge) void their LifeTime warranty?

All the info so far from Dodge says that the purchase of a SCAT Pack does not void the factory warranty but does "factory warranty" equate to both "extended warranties" or to their "LifeTime" warranty".

Here we are again with what should be simple questions and answers from Dodge but know one seems to know...not my two local Dodge Dealers, not the folks from the Mopar Parts/Accessory website and no answer from the... please contact us at Dodge.com website.

I would really like to give Dodge another $2,000 to $10,000 but not if everything surrounding their SCAT Packages is a mystery.

What is wrong with Dodge? Something is out of focus with Dodge's SCAT Packs. Please be careful and don't purchase any Dodge SCAT Packs until Dodge simply puts on their official website basic SCAT Pack information (How much to they cost? Is there extra cost to have them installed? What are the actual gains both horsepower and torque? How long to install? Does "factory Warranty also mean any extended warranty purchased to include their LifeTime warranty too?) Simple question for the thousands of dollars they want...why the mystery?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone know the exact pricing for the 3 scat pak options? I've looked on the web but can't find pricing...

At a minimun I'd like the 1st option for my RTC.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks, Broseph! I saw that thread but completely whiffed on the link!

·
Premium Member
9,085 Posts
My take on this...and I could be wrong...is that the lifetime warranty on the 09 Challengers was by Chrysler itself...but those extra cost lifetime warranties offered by Chrysler dealerships on later models are actually subcontracted out to non-Chrysler insurance type company's. This might be the reason why Chrysler would have a hard time answering this question being it wouldn't really be up to them...but rather whatever company is insuring the vehicle and that these "Packages" where never part of the original deal they made with Chrysler. Has an example...the extra warranty I purchached during my car buy at the dealership just a few months ago when we bought our Dart is really this.
http://www.mastertechvpp.com/Contact/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mastertechvpp?!?

My 2014 lifetime warranty plan is from Chrysler Group LLC. Let me explain a little bit more.

My 2014 LIFETIME MAXIMUM CARE PLAN is a vehicle protection plan offered and issued by Chrysler Group LLC. In the contract I signed when I purchased the lifetime plan it states..."Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan-Is defined as a Plan offered and issued by Chrysler Group LLC." The contract and the small wallet card both state the following...Mopar Vehicale Protection Plan...a product of Chrysler Group LLC.

My plan's website is www.moparvehicleprotection.com.

But anyway I guess I'm worried for nothing because it looks like Dodge will never bring to market the SCAT Pack Kits for the 5.7. It just makes no sense given the fact that you can simply buy the 2015 R/T with the 6.4 for thousands of dollars less then staging up a 5.7.

Simply put, anyone with an R/T 5.7 just got left in the dust.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
IMO these scat pack packages are a joke... they cost way too much money for the hp... the 1st package nets 18 hp for 2,200 dollars? i'm pretty sure a 500 dollar tuner will give you that much...

as far as the stage 2 goes, you will have 4 grand invested for 30 more hp? no, that's way too much money for the hp gain... a 392 cam swap will yield a lot more than that for a lot less money... but any warranty craps the bed...

and if you go full blown 3rd scat pack package, you are up to 9 grand for 58 hp... why not turn that 9 grand into 130 hp instead with a supercharger... i know any and all engine/drivetrain warranties will be out the door and that's a risk you take but to me that seems to be the best bang for the buck...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Scat pack packages

I received an email from Dodge corp. about scat pack packages availability.Dodge corp says October packages will be out. I hope it's not an empty promise

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a life time warranty from the dealer. Since scat pack is not a srt 8 according to them it qualifies. The 392 and hell cat does not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts