Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Called my dealer today to inquire about the Scat Pak availabilty for 2014's. He called me back and said he spoke with his Mopar guy and that they planned to make them available for purchase at the ned of last month, BUT NOW THAT HAVE PULLED THAT DATE INDEFINITELY AND THEY WILL PROBABLY ONLY BE AVAILABE AS AN OPTION ON THE 2015's!! WTF!!!

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Sounds to me like they couldn't come to terms with the companys holding the warranties on our Challengers after the 5 year/50K. Considering the many post on dealership nightmares on servicing...can't really say I blame them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or they're trying to strong arm us into buying '15's. Ans seeing how I'm only 1 year of payments into my '14, their scummy tactics just might work...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Or they're trying to strong arm us into buying '15's. Ans seeing how I'm only 1 year of payments into my '14, their scummy tactics just might work...
Yeah but the Scat Pak will run you a minimum of $40k. My RT put me back $32k. Thats $8k (minimum) less than a Scat car. I assume $$ was an issue when you bought ur RT or you would have opted for an SRT Core at about $38k. So how are they strong arming us? To get the power, it will cost you. No different than today.

Trust me if $$ wasnt an issue I would go full Scat or obviously Hellcat.

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
Trying to turn dealers into speed shops by offering these Scat Pack stages was kind of a bad idea. The last place I would go for something performance related is a dealer. There are cows at a dairy but you don't go there to buy steak.

·
Registered
313 Posts
9k for 58hp was a bad idea to begin with. :smiledown: I can't believe some here would even consider it. For $2-3K one can have a H&C swap and have close to 100hp increase. As stated already, going to the dealer for performance upgrades is no longer a good deal. Most of the dealer's mechanics wouldn't know the difference between a catch can and a windshield washer reservior.
This is very reminisent of the 426 aluminum block supposed to be available in 2011-2012, that never came to light.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Trying to turn dealers into speed shops by offering these Scat Pack stages was kind of a bad idea. The last place I would go for something performance related is a dealer. There are cows at a dairy but you don't go there to buy steak.
As stated already, going to the dealer for performance upgrades is no longer a good deal.

I agree with Jackal and B5RT; dealerships are a poor choice to have modifications done to your car. Dealer mechanics are trained to repair - not modify. The only exception I've seen are factory recalls, in which any modifications are typically minor. I would recommend that one finds a reputable speed shop for installation of performance equipment. For exhaust systems, almost any muffler shop would do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts