Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
158 Posts
There is similar ones out that are even length not sure of MFG of them though but when looking for Tips for mine have seen some.
I will be going with Classic Reproductions for my SXT for the 70's vibe after 1st of year unless I find a good set at a swap meet etc.,
Folks have said they aren't an easy replacement b/c of how close the resonator is to the back. They've said you need to move or remove the rear resonators. Any idea if that's accurate?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
158 Posts
That is correct, unless you want them sticking out a lot. Just need to find shorter tips. Some are longer than others and even shorter ones you may need to cut off an inch if you can. They are our there but I wanted black ones and the Trackhawks are black and bolt right on.

Those for me could be just a tad longer actually but other shorter ones I found were chrome and I'd have had to powder coat them.
yeah I also want black since there's no chrome on my car.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
158 Posts
years and years ago i had painted the tips on my trans am with bbq paint, it was high heat and it was flat black, those suckers lasted for 6 years with the road salt and snow in new york. those were the only parts that still looked good
yeah I've seen that stuff used for smokers and grills and such. Seems to hold up well to the high temps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts