Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's considered to be a Scat Pack?
I have a 2012 SRT8 Yellow Jacket with 6.4L 392. I'm planning on adding the Scat Pack emblems (or Super Bee).
My first Challenger R/T was a 1970 383 Magnum SE with Scat Pack when I was 19. I like the look.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,343 Posts
There are many possibilities... will be interesting on the number of opinions offered. As far as the new cars, Dodge offered Scat Pack upgrades for the 5.7 - in three stages.. and with 15' you could order an R/T with the 392, referred to as the Scat Pack... I am sure others here could offer more details...

I have Scat Pack decals on my rear quarter windows in homage to the classic cars...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Generally its a "Base" car with a big motor. I would not count the srt 8, however I think the yellow jacket cars are awesome and the bee would be right at home on one.

Reactions: ClassicRocker3D

·
The Baron
585 Posts
A Scat Pack is a 2015 or newer car that has base-model features, but a premium powerplant. You have an SRT, so it would be a downgrade to call it a Scat Pack.

I say you put the bees on it but keep on calling it a Yellow Jacket SRT.

Your car has an identical engine to the Scat Packs, same brakes, suspension, transmission (if manual). The only things that are different will be the hood, front and rear bumpers, and interior.

·
Registered
583 Posts
A Scat Pack is a 2015 or newer car that has base-model features, but a premium powerplant. You have an SRT, so it would be a downgrade to call it a Scat Pack.

I say you put the bees on it but keep on calling it a Yellow Jacket SRT.

Your car has an identical engine to the Scat Packs, same brakes, suspension, transmission (if manual). The only things that are different will be the hood, front and rear bumpers, and interior.
I may be mistaken but I believe the base SRT has the same bumbers as the SP. I believe its the Hellcat that has the different bumpers. Different hood for sure though of which I've been on record saying I think its crap that the SP Charger comes factory with a SRT hood and we challenger owners get the R/T hood.

·
The Baron
585 Posts
I may be mistaken but I believe the base SRT has the same bumbers as the SP. I believe its the Hellcat that has the different bumpers. Different hood for sure though of which I've been on record saying I think its crap that the SP Charger comes factory with a SRT hood and we challenger owners get the R/T hood.
OP has a 2012.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What's considered to be a Scat Pack?
I have a 2012 SRT8 Yellow Jacket with 6.4L 392. I'm planning on adding the Scat Pack emblems (or Super Bee).
My first Challenger R/T was a 1970 383 Magnum SE with Scat Pack when I was 19. I like the look.
Your yellow jacket is unique and limited for that year, I'd honestly leave it bee...haha bee... And rock the yellow jacket!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts