1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Pics or...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ordered mine in August. Picked it up in November. Felt like a lifetime. Worth the wait. Love this thing.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
121 Posts
I just ordered a 2019 Widebody challenger ScatPack. 4-6 weeks, it will be here
upgrades i did:
1. Widebody
2. Red brake calipers
3. Alpine Stereo
4. AutoTrans
5. Full Leather (Black with Gray stitching) from mopar/Katzkin. That package also includes leather door panels / center console

·
Registered
245 Posts
upgrades i did:
1. Widebody
2. Red brake calipers
3. Alpine Stereo
4. AutoTrans
5. Full Leather (Black with Gray stitching) from mopar/Katzkin. That package also includes leather door panels / center console

WOW! Sounds like it's gonna be awesome. Your'e gonna love it. Get some splash guards now and put them on as soon as you get your car. The wide body with the 12" wide tires will pelt your rear quarters in front of the rear tires in no time. I got the Swaim splash guards after 1400 miles. I have some pretty decent road rash.

Reactions: Rocoffeeguy

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
121 Posts
WOW! Sounds like it's gonna be awesome. Your'e gonna love it.
Yeah...can't wait. I spent the last 6months waffling between a used challenger Hellcat and new 2019 WB scatpack. I absolutely love the look of the widebody and my dealer includes a lifetime powertrain warranty on new scatpacks, so I had to go that route

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love my SPS. No regrets at all passing on the Hellcat. On the other hand I have two friends with Hellcats who would buy 392s if they could have a do over.

Sadly I bought before you could get a widebody SP. 305’s are about the limit and even those can be overpowered.

·
Registered
245 Posts
On the other hand I have two friends with Hellcats who would buy 392s if they could have a do over.
Why would they rather have a 392 car then a Hell Cat? I've never driven a Hell Cat, so I'm interested in their thoughts.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
121 Posts
Why would they rather have a 392 car then a Hell Cat? I've never driven a Hell Cat, so I'm interested in their thoughts.
The 392 has a ton of power and it is $20k less than a hellcat. I see these young people on YouTube buying hellcats with $1200/mo payments and then they mod and beat the shit out of them. To each his own.....especially now that the scatpack widebody looks just like a Hellcat, it was a no-brainer once I saw and drove a scatpack widebody

·
Registered
12 Posts
Assuming both cars are automatics:

Off the line the limiting factor to either a 392 or Hellcat is traction. Couple that with the 3.09 gears a 392 comes with versus 2.62 in the HC and it really comes down to tires. Sure once the hellcat shifts 2-3 (Hellcats launch in 2nd gear and upshift to 3rd at 60 or so) it’s taillights to the 392 but at that point both cars are in to "who gets the ticket" territory. So it becomes irrelevant unless you are at the track.

Your butt dyno feels the 392 shift at 20 and again at 45 or so, unless you are watching a Hellcat's taillights pass you by it feels like the faster car.

And as was mentioned, it's considerably cheaper.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts