Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I have 2015 R/T Shaker and the two screws that hold the bevel in place vibrated out. The bevel as the rep called it is plastic mesh the air comes into but keeps out larger debris. The Dodge place will only sell me the two screws if I buy the bevel for $378. That’s not happening. Thanks. Looks like a about a 1/2” long very small diameter metric thread.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello: I have 2015 R/T Shaker and the two screws that hold the bevel in place vibrated out. The bevel as the rep called it is plastic mesh the air comes into but keeps out larger debris. The Dodge place will only sell me the two screws if I buy the bevel for $378. That’s not happening. Thanks. Looks like a about a 1/2” long very small diameter metric thread.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T SP WB M6
260 Posts
Wait, do you have the screws? I assume they are gone.

Are they screws or bolts?
Do you own metric drill bits? If so use that to size the hole then you can get the thread size.

Or does the description on mopar parts give the size? The blow up diagram

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Here is the whole assembly. Tell us what you are looking for. We can't read your mind. There are many different screws here.
-John

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait, do you have the screws? I assume they are gone.

Are they screws or bolts?
Do you own metric drill bits? If so use that to size the hole then you can get the thread size.

Or does the description on mopar parts give the size? The blow up diagram
Since they vibrated out I don’t have them to tell. Bolts have nuts, screws don’t so it’s two small screws. There are only two screws that hold the bevel in place. How can that confuse you. I don’t expect you to read my mind only to know how a shaker bevel mounts. Two screws only two. I uploaded a pic to help you understand.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
495 Posts
No idea what that pic is of. Regardless, you can get a screw anywhere. Hardware store, Home Depot, etc.
Just take out the other screw to see what kind it is or look in the hole to see the threads, and go get one....or two.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,101 Posts
Those retention "screws" are supposed to have a 10 mm bolt head. As for the screw size/pitch, twist something soft (Q tip shaft, soft dowel, etc) into the hole to make a "blank". Then take it to any Fastenal, hardware store etc, and match it up with a screw template. I have one in my gun smithing tool box I use all the time to identify unknown screws/bolts. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Those retention "screws" are supposed to have a 10 mm bolt head. As for the screw size/pitch, twist something soft (Q tip shaft, soft dowel, etc) into the hole to make a "blank". Then take it to any Fastenal, hardware store etc, and match it up with a screw template. I have one in my gun smithing tool box I use all the time to identify unknown screws/bolts. Good luck!
If its a 10mm hex head, it will be a M6 1.0 thread. Everything below and including M6 has only one pitch. M8 and above had different pitch available. I get these kits from McMaster-Carr. They also got some on Amazon.
Motor vehicle Audio equipment Gas Automotive exterior Engineering

-John

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Many years ago I needed starter motor bolts to bolt to the engine block of a British Humber. It had Bristol standard threads. I squirted oil in the hole to coat the threads and forced in that black epoxy stuff that comes in a hard stick that you knead together. Then I stuck an old bolt head to the epoxy sticking out. After it hardened overnight, It unscrewed like magic. I was able to get the bolts cut on a lathe at a machine shop. FWIW
-John

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Many years ago I needed starter motor bolts to bolt to the engine block of a British Humber. It had Bristol standard threads. I squirted oil in the hole to coat the threads and forced in that black epoxy stuff that comes in a hard stick that you knead together. Then I stuck an old bolt head to the epoxy sticking out. After it hardened overnight, It unscrewed like magic. I was able to get the bolts cut on a lathe at a machine shop. FWIW
-John
That's how it's done! (y)

Reactions: TheOldGuy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No idea what that pic is of. Regardless, you can get a screw anywhere. Hardware store, Home Depot, etc.
Just take out the other screw to see what kind it is or look in the hole to see the threads, and go get one....or two.
Both screws vibrated out. What you are looking at is one end of the bevel which is the honeycomb designed piece tge air enters and has the openings small enough to keep small birds out. You can call it the black plastic air screen in the air intake if it makes it clearer for you.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
First off is it a bevel or a Bezel? If you can remove it or it can come out take it to a place like Fastenal or Grainger. They can measure the screw hole and thread pitch with a thread gage. Chances are really good the screws are very cheap but the shipping and handling will cost something in the dollars range.
Fastenal is the best bet.
If you can, post up a better Pic of what the whole shebang looks like.
I'm guessing but you're talking about the screen that rests in the shaker intake?
Yeah, you should keep small children and birds away from that! 😆

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
This.....

Reactions: boyohboy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts