Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking my Classic needs a script Challenger emblem on its grille. So, I bought the late-model OEM part, figuring it would fit right. I guess it does, if I wanted to put it on the left side of the grille, as on this 100th Anniversary:

But, before Dodge started doing that, I always thought I'd put it over on the right end, next to the R/T emblem, like the 1970:

The only problem with that is the clips don't allow for the proper vertical alignment relative to the R/T emblem; it's either too high or too low. So, I guess if I'm going to put it on the right, I'll need to use a stick-on fender emblem instead (as some of you have done).

Normally, I like "retro" but, in this case, I'm leaning toward using the OEM grille emblem, and putting it on the left (passenger) end of the grille, like the top photo.

What do you all think? Or, got any other ideas? Photos of yours?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i know the original cars had them on the drivers side next to the R/T emblem but i think i like it a little better on the passenger side myself... to me, it balances out the grill...

you can't go wrong with either side so it's just a matter of your personal preference...

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I got the fender badge with 3M tape on the back and stuck it to the passenger side just because everyone has it next to the R/T.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,694 Posts
I think either side looks good, just not in the middle LOL.

Reactions: 2010CHALLENGER

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts

My vote

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,538 Posts
Here is mine.

[/URL][/IMG]

That's a Selfie from Moparpalooza 7.

·
Registered
416 Posts
either side is good , Mine reads " Mopar " on the passengers side.

Just because everybody has the script Challenger emblem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not script but I prefer the driver side.
Let me go off topic just a little here. A guy living two doors up just bought a new Charger, and he has the two stripe accents on the fender near the windshield as BigRed's does in his signature picture. One big difference is that his Charger does NOT have the R/T designation below the stripes. My preference would be to have the stripes without the R/T notation, so I was thinking that maybe I should order a set through the dealer like my neighbor's.

Do you guys think the SIZE of the stripes on his Charger would be too large for the Challenger?

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Either way looks fine, but I personally prefer the scripted Challenger emblem when mounted adjacent to the R/T emblem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts