Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is getting old guys. I don't know if this is normal or another issue I've noticed. It appears the flat part of the drivers seat is loose and not sealed down like the passenger seat. I'll try attaching a pic to see what you guys think.
Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
876 Posts
Should be tighter than than on a new vehicle.

Take it back. That's what the warranty is for.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought. But I don't have to take it back to where I bought it right as its about a 3.5 hour drive? I still haven't gotten the hood to line up 100% either, but I'm not to concerned with it off by maybe 1/8" at this point.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
mine has excessive wear on the bolster, took that back to the dealer and it was replaced. and, it was at a different dealer since i also didn't feel like driving 2 hrs. thankfully they honored the warranty

Reactions: HERE WE GO AGAIN

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The driver's seat cover on my '10 R/T was replaced under warranty at about one year in. It just wasn't right and started coming apart suddenly.

The replacement cover held up fine, but got cut when I forgot I had my keys in my pocket and one of them sliced it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
General PSA .....

Remember ... your new-car warranty is through Stellantis, not your dealer. Regardless of what anyone at your selling dealer tries to make you believe.

Even if you bought a pre-owned Challenger at a Subaru dealer, you can still take it to any Dodge dealer for bumper-to-bumper coverage for the first 36 months or 36,000 miles. It's NOT covered for 36/36 at the Subaru dealer so don't expect them to fix your car for free.

And .... you don't have to take the car to the dealer to have your warranty-related required maintenance done. It's your responsiblity to maintain the vehicle in accordance to the schedule in your Owner's Manual. It does not say the dealer has to perform the maintenance. Just save your receipts for your materials and keep a log book ... and/or ... enter the work on the Dodge Owner's site.

Reactions: HERE WE GO AGAIN

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm very disappointed in Dodge. I guess all the other haters on the other car forums may have been right that they have serious quality issues. I just thought with all my research the past 3 years, the fact that they have been making the car so long and that they won the JD Powers initial quality award last year there would be little or no issues. Boy was I wrong. I've already started my search to see what it may be worth in a trade and it looks like maybe 52k right now. Yeah I would lose about 5 grand on the actual purchase price, but since I got it at invoice plus another grand off and 20k in trade equity, I most likely wouldn't be in that bad of a position. I do hate to lose the 0% interest though and the fact I don't know what else I would get at the moment. I'm thinking possibly going back to another Mustang, but really don't want to until the refresh, but If I could hold out until Spring or Summer, I would seriously consider the new Z. What is sad is I haven't even made my first payment on it yet, but started spending money on modding it. Not too much yet though, just the puddle lights and some good all season mats. I had planned on replacing all the interior bulbs and doing the hellcat air box mod, but I guess I better hold off until I decide what to do now.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
What is sad is I haven't even made my first payment on it yet, but started spending money on modding it. Not too much yet though, just the puddle lights and some good all season mats
The fact you consider puddle lights and all season mats "modding", combined with your year-long angst making a decision whether to buy this car (or that car, or that other car, or this version or that version...) or not, and your kneejerk reaction to simple basic production issues that every car line has, makes it clear you won't be happy with this or any car that is more than simply a means of transportation.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
honestly, just sell the car. you will make more now than what you paid for it. you keep posting that you wished you had purchased a mustang, and those are great vehicles, just get one. that way you can be happy. no need for you to be so stressed out about a vehicle. you should want to get in and drive not worry about what is wrong with it, etc

·
Registered
21 SP WB in Go Mango
258 Posts
honestly, just sell the car. you will make more now than what you paid for it. you keep posting that you wished you had purchased a mustang, and those are great vehicles, just get one. that way you can be happy. no need for you to be so stressed out about a vehicle. you should want to get in and drive not worry about what is wrong with it, etc
I agree as well.

Dodge is no different than any other maker Euro and Japs included. My ZL1 Camaro with 2700 mile on it had to have the headliner replaced because it came apart where it met the front windshield. My 2018 Mercedes Benz GTS (sold it 2 weeks ago) had to have the head unit replaced before it it even hit 1K miles because it stopped working and my wife's new MB GLE AMG 63 with 1200 miles on it had to have the seal around the passenger door replaced and the battery. Cheap parts made in China...

good luck with that Ford...

·
Registered
137 Posts
but guys he came for a pat on the back and to be consoled on his ruined puddle lights, used snow tires not fitting and a slightly loose seat cover and you are telling him to trade it for a mustang?

i think we need to focus, pool our resources and select medsport a new car that his snow tires will fit on.

medsport can you provide the rim information, offset size number of lug holes so we can find you a car you will enjoy. instead of this obvious lemon of a 1320 you bought.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah, I'm very disappointed in Dodge. I guess all the other haters on the other car forums may have been right that they have serious quality issues. I just thought with all my research the past 3 years, the fact that they have been making the car so long and that they won the JD Powers initial quality award last year there would be little or no issues. Boy was I wrong. I've already started my search to see what it may be worth in a trade and it looks like maybe 52k right now. Yeah I would lose about 5 grand on the actual purchase price, but since I got it at invoice plus another grand off and 20k in trade equity, I most likely wouldn't be in that bad of a position. I do hate to lose the 0% interest though and the fact I don't know what else I would get at the moment. I'm thinking possibly going back to another Mustang, but really don't want to until the refresh, but If I could hold out until Spring or Summer, I would seriously consider the new Z. What is sad is I haven't even made my first payment on it yet, but started spending money on modding it. Not too much yet though, just the puddle lights and some good all season mats. I had planned on replacing all the interior bulbs and doing the hellcat air box mod, but I guess I better hold off until I decide what to do now.

Did I miss some posts? Or are you really this upset over a misaligned hood and loose materials on the driver's seat? Because both are an easy fix at ANY Dodge dealer that has a body shop. Or, is it just buyer's remorse? Or, did you put the Challenger on such a high pedestal that it never had a chance of measuring up?

If you don't like your Challenger for whatever reason ... sell it now while the market is still reasonably warm. LIfe's too short to be unhappy with a car. You're certainly not the first person to decide that they bought the "wrong" car. I parted with a 2016 Chevy SS after 6 months over mostly insignificant - but annoying - issues. Though the transmission rebuild at 3,200 miles was certainly what set things in motion.

Sell the Challenger and buy a beater to get you through till Summer. Don't overthink it. Inventory issues for most of the manufacturers are forecast to improve significantly by mid-2022 ... if nothing bizarre happens again ... so you will have more options.

And with your procrastination skills, you should be able to just miss getting one of the last internal combustion engine muscle cars when they vanish after 2023.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack A8
115 Posts
It sounds like buyers remorse to me. You are nit-picking every little thing. These are trivial issues that are easy solved and are exactly what warranties are for.
ALSO, what many of the “haters” won’t tell you because they don’t know (or because they’re blind badge fanboys) is that many of the major components (like seats) of a car are actually manufactured by 3rd party companies. I happen to work in Quality Control for one of those companies, we make structural components for Ford and GM in the same building, by the same people using the same processes. We use the same industry quality standards that ALL OEMs follow the only real differences between vehicle brands these days is design and tolerance. We build them extremely similarly. Unfortunately, with any complicated mass production process, you will have defects slip through the cracks it’s a matter of statistics, that’s why warranties exist. ALL brands produce cars with defects from time to time some major, like the manual transmissions put in mustangs a few years back that were basically made of glass and would fail left and right or like your slightly loose seat fabric and maybe misaligned hood. No manufacturer is without the sin of defect.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
550 Posts
"search to see what it may be worth in a trade"
Wow, I don't give up so easy. After 2300 miles and 7 months I have only had to replace the Scat Pack emblem on the spoiler. But if my drive train had gone south it would not deter how much I love this car. My guess also is that you just don't like the car. Enjoy the Mustang.

·
Premium Member
2018 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
587 Posts
Medsport... maybe you should try your luck on finding the perfect woman to marry. I'd start with a few months of dating Taylor Swift but don't think you would appreciate the song that comes after you give her the boot. Give the car a chance because the issues you are having are an easy fix at any dealership. The Challenger is a great car to own.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,071 Posts
It sounds like buyers remorse to me. You are nit-picking every little thing. These are trivial issues that are easy solved and are exactly what warranties are for.
ALSO, what many of the “haters” won’t tell you because they don’t know (or because they’re blind badge fanboys) is that many of the major components (like seats) of a car are actually manufactured by 3rd party companies. I happen to work in Quality Control for one of those companies, we make structural components for Ford and GM in the same building, by the same people using the same processes. We use the same industry quality standards that ALL OEMs follow the only real differences between vehicle brands these days is design and tolerance. We build them extremely similarly. Unfortunately, with any complicated mass production process, you will have defects slip through the cracks it’s a matter of statistics, that’s why warranties exist. ALL brands produce cars with defects from time to time some major, like the manual transmissions put in mustangs a few years back that were basically made of glass and would fail left and right or like your slightly loose seat fabric and maybe misaligned hood. No manufacturer is without the sin of defect.
Exactly. I LOVE my Challenger and have had a lot of cars in my driving years, some purchased as used and some as new. NONE of them were perfect. All mass produced vehicles will have imperfections and minor issues with components. Some will have more than others. If you want a car with perfect gaps and paint with high quality materials have Kindig build one for $500k. Good luck. Enjoy the Challenger as is. It's a beautiful car.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts