Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
What is sad is I haven't even made my first payment on it yet, but started spending money on modding it. Not too much yet though, just the puddle lights and some good all season mats
The fact you consider puddle lights and all season mats "modding", combined with your year-long angst making a decision whether to buy this car (or that car, or that other car, or this version or that version...) or not, and your kneejerk reaction to simple basic production issues that every car line has, makes it clear you won't be happy with this or any car that is more than simply a means of transportation.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
. Don't overthink it.

And with your procrastination skills, you should be able to just miss getting one of the last internal combustion engine muscle cars when they vanish after 2023.
“Don’t over think it”???

This guy spent over 13 months waffling and second guessing on three different forums before he could decide what to buy.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Its more than just the hood and seat. The interior lights are weak and are going to need replaced. The puddle lights (yeah I know I messed up trying to install them), but my dad looked at it and said it should have come with those from the factory (my Mustang did), the gas mileage sucks (yeah I know its not intended for that purpose, but even when babying it and it doesn't do much better). Its not nearly as fast as Dodge said it was capable of (yeah maybe it can come close under perfect conditions on a track with some weight reduction and letting air out of the back tires, ect.), but how come the Camaro and Mustang do very close to the official times right off the showroom floor on the street without any special prep? It is a nice looking car though and the sound system is excellent. I know the dealership may be able to fix some of the minor issues, but I dread even calling them or taking it in as I know how most of them are as far as getting the car dirty or leaving marks on the kick panels and bottom of the drivers door like they did numerous time to the stang. Maybe I should at least inquire about it or wait a little while so I could possibly get a loaner for the worst part of the winter?
For somebody who needs his dad to help put on winter tires, your ability to provide an accurate assessment of the 1320’s capabilities is in question.

The fact that you question the 1320’s capabilities without taking it to a track shows it’s not the car for you. Dodge said it was capable of 11.7 on the quarter mile; it‘s been documented doing far better in it’s showroom configuration. But how would you be able to asses it’s capabilities having simply driven it on a cold public road?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Yeah, I thought of that too. But my dad thinks I should try the wheel spacers first. He also doesn't think the seat is a big deal. He thinks its just the way they get after you sit in them awhile. I don't know, I still think its loose but maybe not a big deal. I guess I can take it in to have it fixed at any time so maybe I should hold off until Spring that way I don't have to worry about it this winter and be as careful when eating in the car.
On my 1320 I can fit 17's on the front without spacers. You should be able to fit 18s on all four corners, unless the wheel isn't 5x115 or its offset is too much/not enough. Swap the wheels you have for a set of Charger steel wheels and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I dont know why they dont fit the fronts on my car and they fit on another scat pack. My wheel spacers arrived yesterday. 1.5" look huge, but I'll try them out later in the week. If they dont work, I may look into other wheels. Where can I find those steelys if I may ask?
1 1/2 " spacers???? Sorry, but you bought the wrong wheels, or the person who sold them to you grabbed the wrong set from the back of their truck.

Amazon, Summit Racing, Jegs, all advertise "Charger Steel Wheels", as does Steve White Motors, and East Coast Moparts.

Having witnessed your decision-making capabilities, that's as far as I'm willing to get involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts