Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is getting old guys. I don't know if this is normal or another issue I've noticed. It appears the flat part of the drivers seat is loose and not sealed down like the passenger seat. I'll try attaching a pic to see what you guys think.
Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought. But I don't have to take it back to where I bought it right as its about a 3.5 hour drive? I still haven't gotten the hood to line up 100% either, but I'm not to concerned with it off by maybe 1/8" at this point.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm very disappointed in Dodge. I guess all the other haters on the other car forums may have been right that they have serious quality issues. I just thought with all my research the past 3 years, the fact that they have been making the car so long and that they won the JD Powers initial quality award last year there would be little or no issues. Boy was I wrong. I've already started my search to see what it may be worth in a trade and it looks like maybe 52k right now. Yeah I would lose about 5 grand on the actual purchase price, but since I got it at invoice plus another grand off and 20k in trade equity, I most likely wouldn't be in that bad of a position. I do hate to lose the 0% interest though and the fact I don't know what else I would get at the moment. I'm thinking possibly going back to another Mustang, but really don't want to until the refresh, but If I could hold out until Spring or Summer, I would seriously consider the new Z. What is sad is I haven't even made my first payment on it yet, but started spending money on modding it. Not too much yet though, just the puddle lights and some good all season mats. I had planned on replacing all the interior bulbs and doing the hellcat air box mod, but I guess I better hold off until I decide what to do now.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Its more than just the hood and seat. The interior lights are weak and are going to need replaced. The puddle lights (yeah I know I messed up trying to install them), but my dad looked at it and said it should have come with those from the factory (my Mustang did), the gas mileage sucks (yeah I know its not intended for that purpose, but even when babying it and it doesn't do much better). Its not nearly as fast as Dodge said it was capable of (yeah maybe it can come close under perfect conditions on a track with some weight reduction and letting air out of the back tires, ect.), but how come the Camaro and Mustang do very close to the official times right off the showroom floor on the street without any special prep? It is a nice looking car though and the sound system is excellent. I know the dealership may be able to fix some of the minor issues, but I dread even calling them or taking it in as I know how most of them are as far as getting the car dirty or leaving marks on the kick panels and bottom of the drivers door like they did numerous time to the stang. Maybe I should at least inquire about it or wait a little while so I could possibly get a loaner for the worst part of the winter?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
IDK, I didnt say I hated it. I'm still on the fence. I mean I was pissed off at first with all the minor issues, but like you guys said, most if not all should be able to be fixed. Plus I'm getting more compliments on the car the past couple days. Oh and Wizard, not a huge deal but in real world driving I usually averaged 23.5 to 24 in the Mustang using regular fuel and 18.5 to 19 in the scat alternating between 89 and 93.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That is what I almost always averaged in my 16GT. It was the 6 speed auto. I only mentioned the gas octane because of the price difference. It only cost me 30 max to fill up the stang from a quarter tank and the scat is costing 42.50 to 46 right now. Yeah, not enough to break the bank, but will take getting used to. I actually liked the seats better in the stang as they were more snug and it feels like there is a lump in the scats seat (maybe has something to do with the loose seat bottom)?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hemi wake up is 3,750 miles. Has been since the first VVT engines hit the streets. VVT is not even turned on until then. That's why it comes as a surprise to drivers when suddenly the car has more power and generally runs better due to the increase in torque across the RPM band.
-John
The dealer told me it wakes up around 1.2k or so and he has sold tons of scat packs.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
My car was on the showroom floor with summer F1's. I was befuddled as to why a car at a NYC dealer had them. Since I didn't plan on using the car after November or before March anyway I didn't mind too much. As soon as they needed replacement Continental DWS06 were the go to shoes. HUGE IMPROVEMENT! The 1320 is available with A/S tires as an option. I gave up a long time ago (2018) trying to figure out this purchase.
It is not available with A/S tires as an option or I would have done it. The 1320 only comes with drag radials. It has been a major headache trying to figure out what to do for the winter season. If I would have known it would be this difficult to get decent tires or put smaller wheels for the cold months, I would have gotten the WB or standard scat with the dynamics package.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yeah, I thought of that too. But my dad thinks I should try the wheel spacers first. He also doesn't think the seat is a big deal. He thinks its just the way they get after you sit in them awhile. I don't know, I still think its loose but maybe not a big deal. I guess I can take it in to have it fixed at any time so maybe I should hold off until Spring that way I don't have to worry about it this winter and be as careful when eating in the car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks for the advice Wizard. I already ordered the spacers and I'm not even sure the wheels will even fit over the breaks with them so we will see. I think I understand about the seat, but the whole seat bottom doesn't seem to even be attached on mine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That's exactly what I did (bought some cheap winter wheels and tires). They actually were not that cheap new, but I got them from another scat pack owner who used them for two winter seasons. I only paid $600 and they were around 1.3k new. I didn't think there would be a problem since his car has the same brakes as mine, but there must be some minor differences in the last couple years or something.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
nothing like a winter beater
but, we have also veered off of the topic about the seats. has the dealer fixed the problem?
I haven't called them yet. I messaged the dealer I bought it from last week about my recent issues and he never replied, although it does look like he tried calling once. I was just going to let it go at this point at least until Spring.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I thought I was OCD. I remember being so irritated about my 1998 Ram SS/T's sagging headliner and fisheyes showing up in the paint just months after I bought it new. My dealership was a little aggravating to deal with, but they fixed it all under warranty. They even replaced the underhood mat that I had to pull out on the side of the interstate after a giant hole smoldered into it. They thought maybe a cigarette butt got lodged in there somehow. None of these issues ever came back.

Over the years, I have obsessed over every rock chip, ding, and scratch. My dash has even developed the infamous cracking. I have a couple scuffs on two of the wheels. The cassette deck doesn't work. There is a stain on the carpet. I have a big scratch on the windshield where a rock hit it. The leather seats have a couple cracks. The funny thing is, I am the only person who noitices the bumps and bruises. Everyone else sees a low mileage Dodge pickup that looks nearly new and has never had anything hauled in the virgin bed. I still love the truck and my Challenger. That's why I don't drive them in bad weather or daily to work.

I say all of that to say this: Just enjoy your car. Get the small issues fixed while it is still under warranty. Get a winter beater. You can find deals. I just bought my dad's old 2005 Dakata Quad Cab for $1500. I see all kinds of good cars under $3000 with plenty of life left in them. As for a Challenger vs. Mustang debate goes. There isn't a dime's worth of difference in quality between the two unless you get a manual. Both of them have their plusses and minuses. For every guy badmouthing his Challenger, I can find another badmouthing his Mustang. If you drive any car, it won't stay perfect long. A perfect car is a boring car.
Yeah, but I guess I have to decide if I want to continue to spend money getting it ready for winter (which I've already been doing) or bite the bullet and try to find a good beater. I do have a little cash in savings, but just hate to spend most of it and have little or no backup money in case of emergency. I should have a better savings by next winter though. There is usually plenty of hours to pick up at work, but I haven't been due to some physical issues and the fact conditions have been so bad the past few months. But I'm starting to feel better and it looks like staffing is starting to improve a bit.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I dont know why they dont fit the fronts on my car and they fit on another scat pack. My wheel spacers arrived yesterday. 1.5" look huge, but I'll try them out later in the week. If they dont work, I may look into other wheels. Where can I find those steelys if I may ask?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Well, they were close. Probably another 1/4" diameter clearance and they would fit. We are going to try the spacers on Friday. 1 or 1.25" may have worked, but I wanted to be sure so I went with the 1.5's.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Well they are technically wheel adapters since the have bolts to secure to the car and basically just makes the track wider. So now it will be like a widebody on the front at least. I'll see how it drives first, but may end up doing the rears. We will see.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts