Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack A8
115 Posts
Yeah, I'm very disappointed in Dodge. I guess all the other haters on the other car forums may have been right that they have serious quality issues. I just thought with all my research the past 3 years, the fact that they have been making the car so long and that they won the JD Powers initial quality award last year there would be little or no issues. Boy was I wrong. I've already started my search to see what it may be worth in a trade and it looks like maybe 52k right now. Yeah I would lose about 5 grand on the actual purchase price, but since I got it at invoice plus another grand off and 20k in trade equity, I most likely wouldn't be in that bad of a position. I do hate to lose the 0% interest though and the fact I don't know what else I would get at the moment. I'm thinking possibly going back to another Mustang, but really don't want to until the refresh, but If I could hold out until Spring or Summer, I would seriously consider the new Z. What is sad is I haven't even made my first payment on it yet, but started spending money on modding it. Not too much yet though, just the puddle lights and some good all season mats. I had planned on replacing all the interior bulbs and doing the hellcat air box mod, but I guess I better hold off until I decide what to do now.
It sounds like buyers remorse to me. You are nit-picking every little thing. These are trivial issues that are easy solved and are exactly what warranties are for.
ALSO, what many of the “haters” won’t tell you because they don’t know (or because they’re blind badge fanboys) is that many of the major components (like seats) of a car are actually manufactured by 3rd party companies. I happen to work in Quality Control for one of those companies, we make structural components for Ford and GM in the same building, by the same people using the same processes. We use the same industry quality standards that ALL OEMs follow the only real differences between vehicle brands these days is design and tolerance. We build them extremely similarly. Unfortunately, with any complicated mass production process, you will have defects slip through the cracks it’s a matter of statistics, that’s why warranties exist. ALL brands produce cars with defects from time to time some major, like the manual transmissions put in mustangs a few years back that were basically made of glass and would fail left and right or like your slightly loose seat fabric and maybe misaligned hood. No manufacturer is without the sin of defect.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You DEFINITELY have a case of buyers remorse! It seems like you are just trying to find reasons to justify switching cars, you don’t need a reason if you want to do it, just do it, it’s your money. You likely won’t find many people so eager as you to bash a Challenger on a Challenger forum so I don’t know what kind of validation you are seeking here. The interior light ( they are turned all the way up, right?) bit is just proof of how desperate you are to hate the car, you sound like a perspective mother in law trying to find flaws in the perfect mate for her daughter or something. As for the fast bit, #1 these cars weigh 4000+ pounds it’s readily available info and #2 these cars really don’t reach their full potential until they get a few miles on them, my 21 Scat kind of felt a little sluggish the first 1500 or so miles then started to loosen up as it broke in a little more, now I can easily duplicate and even beat (not by a lot mind you) the numbers put out by Dodge. If you do trade your car off do yourself a favor and do a LOT of research into your next purchase, test drive many examples of the vehicles you are considering new AND used if possible to see how the car is as it gets a few miles on it. You will be doing your OCD ( not a dig, I’m actually diagnosed with it myself) and your wallet a favor. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
115 Posts
IDK, I didnt say I hated it. I'm still on the fence. I mean I was pissed off at first with all the minor issues, but like you guys said, most if not all should be able to be fixed. Plus I'm getting more compliments on the car the past couple days. Oh and Wizard, not a huge deal but in real world driving I usually averaged 23.5 to 24 in the Mustang using regular fuel and 18.5 to 19 in the scat alternating between 89 and 93.
In addition to “waking up” these cars also improve their mpg with a few miles on them up until around 3500 miles it was hard for me to break an average of 18-19mpg in the scat now at 5000 miles I’m sitting around 20-21mpg average and my commute to work is only 6 miles so there’s a fair amount of city driving involved.

·
Registered
115 Posts
IDK, I didnt say I hated it. I'm still on the fence. I mean I was pissed off at first with all the minor issues, but like you guys said, most if not all should be able to be fixed. Plus I'm getting more compliments on the car the past couple days. Oh and Wizard, not a huge deal but in real world driving I usually averaged 23.5 to 24 in the Mustang using regular fuel and 18.5 to 19 in the scat alternating between 89 and 93.
Also, do NOT run any fuel in the 6.4L with an octane rating below 91 this is spelled out in your owners manual. The 5.7 can run 89 with an automatic trans the 6.4 is 91 or above exclusively. Will it destroy your 6.4 to run 89? No, BUT the PCM will pull timing to protect the engine from spark knock and that WILL cause diminished performance. Run the fuel your car was designed and tuned to run before you go complaining about how it seems to not live up to the numbers put out by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The dealer told me it wakes up around 1.2k or so and he has sold tons of scat packs.
The dealer would tell you the car turns dirt into gold and will get you the girl of your dreams if he thought it would help him make the sale. NEVER take advice about a product from the person trying to sell you said product. Do independent research gather information from people with experience on the subject that have nothing to gain from the information they are providing you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sure he did, he needs to keep you buttered up so you’ll tell all your buddies to come buy a car from him. Part of a salesman’s job is to keep you excited and make you feel good about your purchase even after you’ve made it it’s just good business. The better you feel about the experience the more likely it is that you’ll be a repeat customer or steer more buyers into their showroom. It’s all a show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts