Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
but guys he came for a pat on the back and to be consoled on his ruined puddle lights, used snow tires not fitting and a slightly loose seat cover and you are telling him to trade it for a mustang?

i think we need to focus, pool our resources and select medsport a new car that his snow tires will fit on.

medsport can you provide the rim information, offset size number of lug holes so we can find you a car you will enjoy. instead of this obvious lemon of a 1320 you bought.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
BTW. Our cars DO have puddle lights. If you want one with a logo there are plenty of Plug n Play available without breaking the bank.
yep, the problem is medsport is obviously not handy, so he messed up his first replacement set and somehow that is now dodges fault for not having the fancy lights from the factory.

he clearly has buyer's remorse and should trade it in and get something he is happy with. some are just not true dodge people, for them there are other cars to fit the bill.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For somebody who needs his dad to help put on winter tires, your ability to provide an accurate assessment of the 1320’s capabilities is in question.

The fact that you question the 1320’s capabilities without taking it to a track shows it’s not the car for you. Dodge said it was capable of 11.7 on the quarter mile; it‘s been documented doing far better in it’s showroom configuration. But how would you be able to asses it’s capabilities having simply driven it on a cold public road?
this is the thing,i just bought a set of rims from hellrasin to change over to all season tires on my widebody as the summer tires are not rated for under 45 degrees. i was out yesterday at 50 degrees and they were slick, id say quarter throtttle had the 305's spinning.

you cannot seriously buy a car with drag radials and try and access its performance on a cool unprepped road surface in the fall, you can also not forget the mustang is way lighter so it takes less horespower and traction to get it moving.

i think this challenger thing may just be too much for medsport, he was hoping for a stop light rocket and now finds the 1320 needs more ideal situations to put it's power to the road. thats why i picked up a widebody as to me it is more suited to street driving equipped with all season tires and it is still far from ideal it appears in the fall.

i will admidt i did not know the max summers would we limited to really 60 degrees and up for decent traction... i just dropped mine off at the heated storage till next spring. so ill likely be picking up a set of Michelin all seasons in 315's to see how they run next spring.

·
Registered
138 Posts
"50 degrees and they were slick"
That is why I changed my order from Summer to A/S's at the last minute. Glad I did.
yep, i should have also done this, but at the time i was not informed of potential tire damage under 45 degrees or that they would be like driving on snow, kinda fun at first but can be quite a handful if you are unprepared. i just thought max summers
"50 degrees and they were slick"
That is why I changed my order from Summer to A/S's at the last minute. Glad I did.
ill be curious to see how the summers preform against the all seasons next year, im going to go with 315's for the all seasons just to give them a little more grip..i can tell you that the summers stick like glue when brought up to temp..very impressed in the actual summer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is unbelievable. You have a $50K car and are trying to cheap out on the most important aspect of motoring, where the rubber meets the road. Your car will handle like sh*t and look the same with wheel spacers the size you are considering. Just go to Voxx or Factory Reproductions and buy some Hellcat or Demon reps like most of us here, and buy some GOOD 20 inch all seasons or winter tires and be done with it. You don't have some sh*tbox Honda or something. Next time do your research before committing to something as important and expensive as a wheel/tire choice. I don't mean to be lecturing, but it's just common sense.
this here is a fact, for the love of god just call tire rack and have them set you up with the cheapest steel wheels and tires that will fit. you dont technically need tpms sensors so if you want to be cheap pass on them and just suffer till spring with the light, really it is no big deal.

return the crappy spacers/sell the other tires/rims and do it once the right way and maybe then you can be happy till spring....

·
Registered
138 Posts
i just left the tire rack site and with cheap aluminum mags and mid grade tires you are looking at 1450 delivered, mounted and balanced no tpms, for your challenger

sometimes a good lesson costs a lot, you just learned one buying tires form some clown without having them put them on your car or seeing them on their car, then you think dodge screwed up and put the wrong parts on your car. buy once cry once get the right stuff and move on.

i just ordered a winter set for my teenage daughter's car if you would like i can post a pic of how well they fit once i install the parts from a reputable source....good luck with the spacers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well I emailed tire rack to make sure those 18's would fit and they said they guarantee it, but I wonder if they know that Dodge changed the calipers slightly for 21 and is why the front wheels are not fitting. I spec'd out the cheapest tires and next to cheapest 18" rims (they look better IMO) and with tpms, come to about 1.6k. I may be able to include a 4% rebate if it works. I think I'll ask them if they can get the inside diameter though and compare it to the wheels I have. I'm already wondering what I'm going to do in the Spring as I would like some all seasons rather that the crappy drag radials for 99% of the time daily use. I'm thinking probably just changing the tires out for now, but those stock rims are a PIA to clean.
if the 18's you have dont fit, no way id order up another set of 18's, the inner diameter is likely pretty much all the same from 1 18" rim to the next...tire rack as good as they are are not perfect either.

why not just get a set of 19 or 20" and be done, i mean you seem to be a glutton for punishment, but everyone has their threshold.

as for cleaning the rims, just get some decent cleaner and it is easy,not as easy as swapping in some powerstop pads and stopping the dust in it's tracks but still a good cleaner is worth it's weight in gold.

as for the drag radials, yep they suck on the street as guess what they were made for.....drag racing not constantly changing daily driver street conditions....i mean seriously you research for years and now seem surprised to get exactly what you ordered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts