Dodge Challenger Forum banner
221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
293 Posts
I can fully understand someone with a 1320 getting another set of wheels and tires. I wouldn't want to use up the DRs unless I was at the track. However, why anyone would subject a 1320 to ice, snow, salt, etc. is beyond my cognitive ability. With all the money you have spent on wheels and tires, you could have found a used Dakota. My 392 T/A doesn't leave the garage unless there's a 5%, or less, chance of rain and the roads are dry. It isn't fun to drive in bad weather and it drives me crazy thinking about cleaning it up. So, please, just go buy a winter beater.

Those wheels look great on your car, BTW.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So much miss information. The "back up" wheels and tires I just bought are actually going to be my daily set up. I'm not selling the drag wheels. I will use them during the hottest summer months. The set I'm trying to sell are the 18" winter wheels I bought before my car arrived when I found out the fronts didn't fit over the brakes. IDK, maybe I should keep them too as I could always put the rears back on if I wanted a little more traction in the winter. The DWS tires are ok, but not as good as I thought they would be on the snow and ice. I think its because of the 20" wheels.
any dedicated snow tire will out perform a all season hands down on snow and ice. The all season is a compromise

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
I can fully understand someone with a 1320 getting another set of wheels and tires. I wouldn't want to use up the DRs unless I was at the track. However, why anyone would subject a 1320 to ice, snow, salt, etc. is beyond my cognitive ability. With all the money you have spent on wheels and tires, you could have found a used Dakota. My 392 T/A doesn't leave the garage unless there's a 5%, or less, chance of rain and the roads are dry. It isn't fun to drive in bad weather and it drives me crazy thinking about cleaning it up. So, please, just go buy a winter beater.

Those wheels look great on your car, BTW.
I know I know. I was trying to find a good beater in the 1.5k range, but didn't have any luck as everything looked like junk and you don't know how reliable it would be. As it stands, I will have spent nearly 3k in wheels and tires in it and if I had to do it over I would have looked harder for a beater, but now its too late as I don't have very much savings left and a year to pay off that new wheel and tire set. Although I do have two sets I could try to sell that would help. The last guy changed his mind on the Mustang wheels and I had a guy interested in the aftermarket Challenger wheels, but I don't know I kind of am thinking of keeping them as I could always switch the rears back out and have winter tires in the back at least if we end up having a bad season. I was thinking maybe the winter wouldn't be too bad this year as it had been unseasonably warm, but all of a sudden the temp dropped like a rock.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye
157 Posts
I tried to help early on with advice towards buying a winter beater. You listened to all the ‘experts’ and sunk 3k into tires that will do nothing for you. All season this, winter that, snow here, summer there tires. None are going to do anything on the back of a 500hp car that is set up for what…………Drag racing.
Wait till it dumps hard here in Ohio you have 3 more long months to go.
You buy the beater for 1,500-2k and it takes another 1k to make sure it is safe and reliable for the winter- battery, fluids, wiper blades, brakes, tires.
I bought my 04 Camry for $1100 in Sept but guess what I own it for going through it Sept and Oct? About 3k but it is set and guess what it will never be worth less than 2,500-3k.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I tried to help early on with advice towards buying a winter beater. You listened to all the ‘experts’ and sunk 3k into tires that will do nothing for you. All season this, winter that, snow here, summer there tires. None are going to do anything on the back of a 500hp car that is set up for what…………Drag racing.
You buy the beater for 1,500-2k and it takes another 1k to make sure it is safe and reliable for the winter- battery, fluids, wiper blades, brakes, tires.
I bought my 04 Camry for $1100 in Sept but guess what I own it for going through it Sept and Oct? About 3k but it is set and guess what it will never be worth less than 2,500-3k.
if it dumps hard cars should stay home, that way i dont have to pass them in my 4x4 while they are driving 30 mph

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Live and learn. I only have about 2 months to go before it should start warming up though. As soon as I pay the wheels off I can start saving up for a beater for next winter, but it could take almost a year to pay them off so who knows.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
I did. BTW, there was something wrong with the seat as they were going to order me a new seat cover. Don't know how long it will take though. Aparantly they thought the door was fine.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Finally got a message the seat cover came in, but sounds like its just the bottom portion. IDK, I haven't called them back yet but hope it doesn't take long to change or they have a loaner because I only have more than one day off of work in a row in the next week and a half d/t my crazy schedule and the holiday coming up and also just heard about a death in the extended family so not a good time to mess with it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
You guys will not believe this BS. So I finally called them back and he asked if I ordered the seat cover myself or something. I tell him no, you guys looked at it and said it would be covered under warranty. He then proceeds to say no they denied it due to the perforated seats or something. I had trouble understanding him and he said my phone was breaking up and said he would call me back on another phone, but never did. I have no idea what it would cost now, but I'm inclined to tell them forget it anyway. I'm still kind of pissed at what they charged me for my oil change compared to the quote they gave me. I may just try another dealership and see what they say at this point.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
You guys will not believe this BS. So I finally called them back and he asked if I ordered the seat cover myself or something. I tell him no, you guys looked at it and said it would be covered under warranty. He then proceeds to say no they denied it due to the perforated seats or something. I had trouble understanding him and he said my phone was breaking up and said he would call me back on another phone, but never did. I have no idea what it would cost now, but I'm inclined to tell them forget it anyway. I'm still kind of pissed at what they charged me for my oil change compared to the quote they gave me. I may just try another dealership and see what they say at this point.
Once a warranty claim is denied, ALL the dealerships know about it.
-John

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Do you have the window sticker that came with the car? It should list the options the car was built with; among those options whether the seats are heated/cooled. If they are, then the seat covers perforce have to be perforated. Does your car have heated/cooled seats? If that's not an option, then it indicates the seat covers were either (1) changed at the dealership that accepted delivery of the car, or (2) mis-built at the factory. The odds are greater that it's #1 than #2, but nonetheless...

...seat covers wrinkle like that either because (A) the foam underneath has failed, or (B) some of the hog clips holding the cover taut over the foam have released.

I'd suggest you make an appointment with an auto upholstery place to inspect and repair, but having witnessed your track record of listening to suggestions, realize it will result in another 10 page threaded journey of anguish and indecision.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
967 Posts
As much as I like to bust medsports balls, he is right here the seat fabric is loose and should be corrected under warranty,

if it were me I’d raise some hell till they took care of it.

Agreed.

Perhaps a call to @DodgeCares for some assistance.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Agreed.

Perhaps a call to @DodgeCares for some assistance.
How does that work? What I don't understand is why they would say they would take care of it, order the part, wait for the cover to come in, call and leave a message that it arrived (twice) and then when I call them to set an appointment up, say oh it's not covered now and when I ask for details why say they will call me back and don't. I would kind of like to know how much they were planning on charging me before I decided for sure, but if it was going to be like over $100, I was going to tell them to send it back. It sounded like a young kid that left the messages. I couldn't even understand what his name was since he talked so fast. The phone did sound weird when I called too so I'm wondering if it is my phone acting up or it's on their end?

·
Registered
967 Posts
How does that work? What I don't understand is why they would say they would take care of it, order the part, wait for the cover to come in, call and leave a message that it arrived (twice) and then when I call them to set an appointment up, say oh it's not covered now and when I ask for details why say they will call me back and don't. I would kind of like to know how much they were planning on charging me before I decided for sure, but if it was going to be like over $100, I was going to tell them to send it back. It sounded like a young kid that left the messages. I couldn't even understand what his name was since he talked so fast. The phone did sound weird when I called too so I'm wondering if it is my phone acting up or it's on their end?
First ... I encourage you to call the Service Manager (never take "no" from someone that can't say "yes") and ask for an explanation. Try to resolve this man to man.

If the dealership gives you the brush off .... then you simply call Dodge Cares and politely explain what was said - -- that your new car had an issue with the seat when it was delivered. And, that the dealer said they'd take care of it and now they say that it's not covered. Keep the conversation short and factual. And don't tell them how much you loved your Mustang. ;)

Express your disappointment in the dealership personnel for reneging on their original promise and ask for their help in getting this resolved.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello, @Wizard Of Iz and @Medsport

If desired, you can also message our team here via private messages. Please catch us up to speed regarding any vehicle updates as it relates to your seats and interior to strike up a conversation!

Hannah
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hello, @Wizard Of Iz and @Medsport

If desired, you can also message our team here via private messages. Please catch us up to speed regarding any vehicle updates as it relates to your seats and interior to strike up a conversation!

Hannah
Dodge Cares

Hannah ...Every experience that I have had with Dodge Cares has been awesome! I'm a fan. Thank you for taking an active interest in our cars and your customers.

Same for my buddy who had to enlist Dodge Cares to resolve the screen issue on his radio after the dealer said no because he was just under 3 weeks out of the 36-month warranty period.

Now ... if y'all could get T-Mobile to turn their 3G Wireless network back on .... then I'd be convinced that y'all could walk on water.

Reactions: HERE WE GO AGAIN
221 - 239 of 239 Posts