Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
No issues at all with my Challenger with 35,500 miles. Its a 2018. And yours is under full warranty, just take it in and get a new seat. Dont cost you nothing. Better to fix it for free now than down the road.
Ive owned 2 Rams, still have my second one. Its a 2007, no problems. Has original water pump that i hear allegedly are notorius for going bad.

My first one (1998) i had the main fuse blow on the highway and i rolled into a parkng lot from an exit.. It was under warranty. I just called and they came and got it in a parking lot and replaced it and i picked it up. Never a problem afterwards. No tranny issues on either of them.

Just get the seat replaced, it may be the only problem you have.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
876 Posts
"..... But if my drive train had gone south it would not deter how much I love this car. ...."
And "love" can be the difference between ignoring the little things or allowing them to fester. I "liked" my Chevy SS a lot ... but I didn't "love" it. Certainly not enough to make 5 years worth of payments on it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Its more than just the hood and seat. The interior lights are weak and are going to need replaced. The puddle lights (yeah I know I messed up trying to install them), but my dad looked at it and said it should have come with those from the factory (my Mustang did), the gas mileage sucks (yeah I know its not intended for that purpose, but even when babying it and it doesn't do much better). Its not nearly as fast as Dodge said it was capable of (yeah maybe it can come close under perfect conditions on a track with some weight reduction and letting air out of the back tires, ect.), but how come the Camaro and Mustang do very close to the official times right off the showroom floor on the street without any special prep? It is a nice looking car though and the sound system is excellent. I know the dealership may be able to fix some of the minor issues, but I dread even calling them or taking it in as I know how most of them are as far as getting the car dirty or leaving marks on the kick panels and bottom of the drivers door like they did numerous time to the stang. Maybe I should at least inquire about it or wait a little while so I could possibly get a loaner for the worst part of the winter?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Interior lights are weak? Now that's a new one I haven't heard. Did you try turning them up?

I don't even know or noticed if I had puddle lights.
Oh well, I love mine, don't race it at a track and never intended to. Hec I leave marks on the door getting out. I just clean it off. Hey the floor mats will need to be vacuumed eventually too.
Are you by chance OCD? Sounds like it.
Good luck with whatever you do.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack A8
115 Posts
You DEFINITELY have a case of buyers remorse! It seems like you are just trying to find reasons to justify switching cars, you don’t need a reason if you want to do it, just do it, it’s your money. You likely won’t find many people so eager as you to bash a Challenger on a Challenger forum so I don’t know what kind of validation you are seeking here. The interior light ( they are turned all the way up, right?) bit is just proof of how desperate you are to hate the car, you sound like a perspective mother in law trying to find flaws in the perfect mate for her daughter or something. As for the fast bit, #1 these cars weigh 4000+ pounds it’s readily available info and #2 these cars really don’t reach their full potential until they get a few miles on them, my 21 Scat kind of felt a little sluggish the first 1500 or so miles then started to loosen up as it broke in a little more, now I can easily duplicate and even beat (not by a lot mind you) the numbers put out by Dodge. If you do trade your car off do yourself a favor and do a LOT of research into your next purchase, test drive many examples of the vehicles you are considering new AND used if possible to see how the car is as it gets a few miles on it. You will be doing your OCD ( not a dig, I’m actually diagnosed with it myself) and your wallet a favor. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack
95 Posts
This after the 3 years of acting like a woman about buying the car in the first place Lol! Here is a piece of advice trade/sell it quick because Scat Pack values are dropping like a rock. They are everywhere. Great cars (to me anyways) but the market is flooded right now.
I sold mine two months ago and I’m glad I did because of the trend downward.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
876 Posts
Its more than just the hood and seat. The interior lights are weak and are going to need replaced. The puddle lights (yeah I know I messed up trying to install them), but my dad looked at it and said it should have come with those from the factory (my Mustang did), the gas mileage sucks (yeah I know its not intended for that purpose, but even when babying it and it doesn't do much better). Its not nearly as fast as Dodge said it was capable of (yeah maybe it can come close under perfect conditions on a track with some weight reduction and letting air out of the back tires, ect.), but how come the Camaro and Mustang do very close to the official times right off the showroom floor on the street without any special prep? It is a nice looking car though and the sound system is excellent. I know the dealership may be able to fix some of the minor issues, but I dread even calling them or taking it in as I know how most of them are as far as getting the car dirty or leaving marks on the kick panels and bottom of the drivers door like they did numerous time to the stang. Maybe I should at least inquire about it or wait a little while so I could possibly get a loaner for the worst part of the winter?
Sounds like you've made up your mind. I wish you well. NOBODY should have to live with a car they don't love. Life's too short. Never settle! Feel free to add your own cliche. But they're cliches because they're true.

And you need to do it quickly while there's still a market for it. Though it might already be too late as dealers across the country seem to have Scat Packs hitting their lots in big numbers. Who knows ... we might be edging back toward a buyer's market quicker than most people thought we would.

There are a lot of things that Ford does right ... such as adding the small touches like the Mustang puddle lights. And I think their sequential turn signals are one of the cooler features out there. Dodge used to offer a sequential turn signal kit for the 2014 and earlier models. For some reason they've never offered a kit for the 2015+ models and the only kit I ever found was some company in Europe that wanted crazy money.

As for gas mileage .... EPA rates the Mustang at 15/24 (19 combined) and the Challenger 6.4 at 15/24 (18 combined) so there's really not a difference worth discussing.

Challengers do "wake up" after some miles. The next owner will appreciate you doing the boring work of breaking the car in for them.

I'm sure the folks on the Mustang forums will welcome you back with open arms to hear your tales of how horrible Dodge Challengers are.

Reactions: TITANIUM

·
Registered
138 Posts
BTW. Our cars DO have puddle lights. If you want one with a logo there are plenty of Plug n Play available without breaking the bank.
yep, the problem is medsport is obviously not handy, so he messed up his first replacement set and somehow that is now dodges fault for not having the fancy lights from the factory.

he clearly has buyer's remorse and should trade it in and get something he is happy with. some are just not true dodge people, for them there are other cars to fit the bill.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,374 Posts
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think my Challenger is quite comfortable inside. I've taken it on many long drives of 300 and over 500 mile trips (600 to 1000 overall). Has plenty of zip for me and I have a 5.7.

Mustangs are cool but imo aren't as roomy or comfy inside and I'd only buy a classic as I like those much better. 67-69 fast backs. Love those. Had a 65 3 speed I drove to school back in 1979 and 80.

I was debating a Mustang and Camaro before I got my Challenger.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
IDK, I didnt say I hated it. I'm still on the fence. I mean I was pissed off at first with all the minor issues, but like you guys said, most if not all should be able to be fixed. Plus I'm getting more compliments on the car the past couple days. Oh and Wizard, not a huge deal but in real world driving I usually averaged 23.5 to 24 in the Mustang using regular fuel and 18.5 to 19 in the scat alternating between 89 and 93.

·
Registered
115 Posts
IDK, I didnt say I hated it. I'm still on the fence. I mean I was pissed off at first with all the minor issues, but like you guys said, most if not all should be able to be fixed. Plus I'm getting more compliments on the car the past couple days. Oh and Wizard, not a huge deal but in real world driving I usually averaged 23.5 to 24 in the Mustang using regular fuel and 18.5 to 19 in the scat alternating between 89 and 93.
In addition to “waking up” these cars also improve their mpg with a few miles on them up until around 3500 miles it was hard for me to break an average of 18-19mpg in the scat now at 5000 miles I’m sitting around 20-21mpg average and my commute to work is only 6 miles so there’s a fair amount of city driving involved.

·
Registered
413 Posts
With a V8 in the Mustang? Not sure I'd buy that.
Also octane won't make your mileage better. You will get the same with 89 or 93. That's not what octane does for you.

I'm quite happy with my mileage as my Ram at best gets 17 if I drive a little easy on the highway and I get 24-25 for Challenger.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That is what I almost always averaged in my 16GT. It was the 6 speed auto. I only mentioned the gas octane because of the price difference. It only cost me 30 max to fill up the stang from a quarter tank and the scat is costing 42.50 to 46 right now. Yeah, not enough to break the bank, but will take getting used to. I actually liked the seats better in the stang as they were more snug and it feels like there is a lump in the scats seat (maybe has something to do with the loose seat bottom)?

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Hemi wake up is 3,750 miles. Has been since the first VVT engines hit the streets. VVT is not even turned on until then. That's why it comes as a surprise to drivers when suddenly the car has more power and generally runs better due to the increase in torque across the RPM band.
-John

·
Registered
115 Posts
Also, do NOT run any fuel in the 6.4L with an octane rating below 91 this is spelled out in your owners manual. The 5.7 can run 89 with an automatic trans the 6.4 is 91 or above exclusively. Will it destroy your 6.4 to run 89? No, BUT the PCM will pull timing to protect the engine from spark knock and that WILL cause diminished performance. Run the fuel your car was designed and tuned to run before you go complaining about how it seems to not live up to the numbers put out by the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
550 Posts
yep, the problem is medsport is obviously not handy, so he messed up his first replacement set and somehow that is now dodges fault for not having the fancy lights from the factory.

he clearly has buyer's remorse and should trade it in and get something he is happy with. some are just not true dodge people, for them there are other cars to fit the bill.
Not sure he'll ever be happy if this level of scrutiny (read; nick picking) is transferred to his next ride.

Reactions: TITANIUM
21 - 40 of 106 Posts