Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
876 Posts
"..... Oh and Wizard, not a huge deal but in real world driving I usually averaged 23.5 to 24 in the Mustang using regular fuel and 18.5 to 19 in the scat alternating between 89 and 93.
Wow ... that's incredible. I wasn't aware of any V8s getting that kind of "combined" mileage. It's not unusual to see those numbers for mostly highway ... but not combined. My '15 SRT 392 has put up some big numbers on trips, but not in every day combined driving.

And as others have said ... stick with just 93 octane in your 392ci/6.4L HEMI. It's what the ECM is expecting. And if you had a 345ci/5.7L HEMI, then 93 octane would be a waste without a custom tune as that ECM is expecting 89 octane.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
550 Posts
Hemi wake up is 3,750 miles. Has been since the first VVT engines hit the streets. VVT is not even turned on until then. That's why it comes as a surprise to drivers when suddenly the car has more power and generally runs better due to the increase in torque across the RPM band.
-John
"Hemi wake up is 3,750 miles" "VVT is not even turned on until then"
Is this really true for the 6.4? At 2200 miles mine has improved already. You mean I have more to look forward too? :p

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
"Hemi wake up is 3,750 miles" "VVT is not even turned on until then"
Is this really true for the 6.4? At 2200 miles mine has improved already. You mean I have more to look forward too? :p
Maybe? Joe & Sally Average will never notice it. Motorheads do. And tend to tell everyone about the mysterious power increase. Nothing fantastic. Just more grunt due to the VVT being enabled.
-John

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
. Don't overthink it.

And with your procrastination skills, you should be able to just miss getting one of the last internal combustion engine muscle cars when they vanish after 2023.
“Don’t over think it”???

This guy spent over 13 months waffling and second guessing on three different forums before he could decide what to buy.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
876 Posts
“Don’t over think it”???

This guy spent over 13 months waffling and second guessing on three different forums before he could decide what to buy.

So very true.

Like I said earlier .... with his procrastination skills, he could miss the last of the internal combustion engines.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Its more than just the hood and seat. The interior lights are weak and are going to need replaced. The puddle lights (yeah I know I messed up trying to install them), but my dad looked at it and said it should have come with those from the factory (my Mustang did), the gas mileage sucks (yeah I know its not intended for that purpose, but even when babying it and it doesn't do much better). Its not nearly as fast as Dodge said it was capable of (yeah maybe it can come close under perfect conditions on a track with some weight reduction and letting air out of the back tires, ect.), but how come the Camaro and Mustang do very close to the official times right off the showroom floor on the street without any special prep? It is a nice looking car though and the sound system is excellent. I know the dealership may be able to fix some of the minor issues, but I dread even calling them or taking it in as I know how most of them are as far as getting the car dirty or leaving marks on the kick panels and bottom of the drivers door like they did numerous time to the stang. Maybe I should at least inquire about it or wait a little while so I could possibly get a loaner for the worst part of the winter?
For somebody who needs his dad to help put on winter tires, your ability to provide an accurate assessment of the 1320’s capabilities is in question.

The fact that you question the 1320’s capabilities without taking it to a track shows it’s not the car for you. Dodge said it was capable of 11.7 on the quarter mile; it‘s been documented doing far better in it’s showroom configuration. But how would you be able to asses it’s capabilities having simply driven it on a cold public road?

·
Registered
138 Posts
For somebody who needs his dad to help put on winter tires, your ability to provide an accurate assessment of the 1320’s capabilities is in question.

The fact that you question the 1320’s capabilities without taking it to a track shows it’s not the car for you. Dodge said it was capable of 11.7 on the quarter mile; it‘s been documented doing far better in it’s showroom configuration. But how would you be able to asses it’s capabilities having simply driven it on a cold public road?
this is the thing,i just bought a set of rims from hellrasin to change over to all season tires on my widebody as the summer tires are not rated for under 45 degrees. i was out yesterday at 50 degrees and they were slick, id say quarter throtttle had the 305's spinning.

you cannot seriously buy a car with drag radials and try and access its performance on a cool unprepped road surface in the fall, you can also not forget the mustang is way lighter so it takes less horespower and traction to get it moving.

i think this challenger thing may just be too much for medsport, he was hoping for a stop light rocket and now finds the 1320 needs more ideal situations to put it's power to the road. thats why i picked up a widebody as to me it is more suited to street driving equipped with all season tires and it is still far from ideal it appears in the fall.

i will admidt i did not know the max summers would we limited to really 60 degrees and up for decent traction... i just dropped mine off at the heated storage till next spring. so ill likely be picking up a set of Michelin all seasons in 315's to see how they run next spring.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
550 Posts
"50 degrees and they were slick"
That is why I changed my order from Summer to A/S's at the last minute. Glad I did.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,071 Posts
That is why I changed my order from Summer to A/S's at the last minute. Glad I did.
My car was on the showroom floor with summer F1's. I was befuddled as to why a car at a NYC dealer had them. Since I didn't plan on using the car after November or before March anyway I didn't mind too much. As soon as they needed replacement Continental DWS06 were the go to shoes. HUGE IMPROVEMENT! The 1320 is available with A/S tires as an option. I gave up a long time ago (2018) trying to figure out this purchase.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yep, i should have also done this, but at the time i was not informed of potential tire damage under 45 degrees or that they would be like driving on snow, kinda fun at first but can be quite a handful if you are unprepared. i just thought max summers
ill be curious to see how the summers preform against the all seasons next year, im going to go with 315's for the all seasons just to give them a little more grip..i can tell you that the summers stick like glue when brought up to temp..very impressed in the actual summer.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hemi wake up is 3,750 miles. Has been since the first VVT engines hit the streets. VVT is not even turned on until then. That's why it comes as a surprise to drivers when suddenly the car has more power and generally runs better due to the increase in torque across the RPM band.
-John
The dealer told me it wakes up around 1.2k or so and he has sold tons of scat packs.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
My car was on the showroom floor with summer F1's. I was befuddled as to why a car at a NYC dealer had them. Since I didn't plan on using the car after November or before March anyway I didn't mind too much. As soon as they needed replacement Continental DWS06 were the go to shoes. HUGE IMPROVEMENT! The 1320 is available with A/S tires as an option. I gave up a long time ago (2018) trying to figure out this purchase.
It is not available with A/S tires as an option or I would have done it. The 1320 only comes with drag radials. It has been a major headache trying to figure out what to do for the winter season. If I would have known it would be this difficult to get decent tires or put smaller wheels for the cold months, I would have gotten the WB or standard scat with the dynamics package.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack A8
115 Posts
The dealer told me it wakes up around 1.2k or so and he has sold tons of scat packs.
The dealer would tell you the car turns dirt into gold and will get you the girl of your dreams if he thought it would help him make the sale. NEVER take advice about a product from the person trying to sell you said product. Do independent research gather information from people with experience on the subject that have nothing to gain from the information they are providing you.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack A8
115 Posts
Sure he did, he needs to keep you buttered up so you’ll tell all your buddies to come buy a car from him. Part of a salesman’s job is to keep you excited and make you feel good about your purchase even after you’ve made it it’s just good business. The better you feel about the experience the more likely it is that you’ll be a repeat customer or steer more buyers into their showroom. It’s all a show.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,071 Posts
It is not available with A/S tires as an option or I would have done it. The 1320 only comes with drag radials. It has been a major headache trying to figure out what to do for the winter season. If I would have known it would be this difficult to get decent tires or put smaller wheels for the cold months, I would have gotten the WB or standard scat with the dynamics package.
My apologies about the A/S tires. Saw it listed on a 1320 Window sticker as 'STANDARD' but didn't see they were replaced by Drag Radials in the '1320 Package'.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts