Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
So really that just adds to the price of the car. Buy a nice set of 20's with some good all season tires, and have a nice cold weather car, and a beast in the warm weather. Best of both worlds. Nobody said having fun would be cheap :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So just buy the cheapest 20" wheels and put whatever tires you want on them for winter. This is not a big problem, well, for most people.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yeah, I thought of that too. But my dad thinks I should try the wheel spacers first. He also doesn't think the seat is a big deal. He thinks its just the way they get after you sit in them awhile. I don't know, I still think its loose but maybe not a big deal. I guess I can take it in to have it fixed at any time so maybe I should hold off until Spring that way I don't have to worry about it this winter and be as careful when eating in the car.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
876 Posts
Yeah, I thought of that too. But my dad thinks I should try the wheel spacers first. He also doesn't think the seat is a big deal. He thinks its just the way they get after you sit in them awhile. I don't know, I still think its loose but maybe not a big deal. I guess I can take it in to have it fixed at any time so maybe I should hold off until Spring that way I don't have to worry about it this winter and be as careful when eating in the car.
I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

I know a lot of people use wheel spacers with no issues ... but my wheel & tire guy has always told me to avoid using them. Like a lot of others things in life ... there's a cheap way and there's a right way. They're seldom the same way.

FWIW ... the leather on the seat bottom of my car have looked like that since shortly after I bought the car. (It had 1,367 miles on it when I bought it.) Since I can't see the seat bottom when my big ol' fat arse is sitting behind the wheel it doesn't bother me at all. Look at it this way ... if it were stretched TOO tight, then a seam would be more likely to separate.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You just seem a little OCD is all and things are magified in your head when it isnt a big deal to most.
Not sure why you got a 1320 unless you plan to go to the track alot. I just enjoy driving mine without racing it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks for the advice Wizard. I already ordered the spacers and I'm not even sure the wheels will even fit over the breaks with them so we will see. I think I understand about the seat, but the whole seat bottom doesn't seem to even be attached on mine.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I don't know much about wheel spacers made now, but back like 30 years ago, they weren't allowed at the track at all, for safety reasons. I would just have bit the bullet and bought some cheap winter wheels and tires and not have to stress about it like you do.....everything. What are you going to do when some clown dings your door and chips your paint? Calling Dr. Colorchip! Medsport needs you right away!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That's exactly what I did (bought some cheap winter wheels and tires). They actually were not that cheap new, but I got them from another scat pack owner who used them for two winter seasons. I only paid $600 and they were around 1.3k new. I didn't think there would be a problem since his car has the same brakes as mine, but there must be some minor differences in the last couple years or something.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
But you bought 18" wheels and that's where you went wrong. You should have just bought 20's out of the box.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,071 Posts
But you bought 18" wheels and that's where you went wrong. You should have just bought 20's out of the box.
Agree. Factory reproduction or aftermarket wheels with decent NEW winter tires will avoid any future problems created by piecing it together to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
nothing like a winter beater
but, we have also veered off of the topic about the seats. has the dealer fixed the problem?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
230 Posts
I thought I was OCD. I remember being so irritated about my 1998 Ram SS/T's sagging headliner and fisheyes showing up in the paint just months after I bought it new. My dealership was a little aggravating to deal with, but they fixed it all under warranty. They even replaced the underhood mat that I had to pull out on the side of the interstate after a giant hole smoldered into it. They thought maybe a cigarette butt got lodged in there somehow. None of these issues ever came back.

Over the years, I have obsessed over every rock chip, ding, and scratch. My dash has even developed the infamous cracking. I have a couple scuffs on two of the wheels. The cassette deck doesn't work. There is a stain on the carpet. I have a big scratch on the windshield where a rock hit it. The leather seats have a couple cracks. The funny thing is, I am the only person who noitices the bumps and bruises. Everyone else sees a low mileage Dodge pickup that looks nearly new and has never had anything hauled in the virgin bed. I still love the truck and my Challenger. That's why I don't drive them in bad weather or daily to work.

I say all of that to say this: Just enjoy your car. Get the small issues fixed while it is still under warranty. Get a winter beater. You can find deals. I just bought my dad's old 2005 Dakata Quad Cab for $1500. I see all kinds of good cars under $3000 with plenty of life left in them. As for a Challenger vs. Mustang debate goes. There isn't a dime's worth of difference in quality between the two unless you get a manual. Both of them have their plusses and minuses. For every guy badmouthing his Challenger, I can find another badmouthing his Mustang. If you drive any car, it won't stay perfect long. A perfect car is a boring car.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,071 Posts
I thought I was OCD. I remember being so irritated about my 1998 Ram SS/T's sagging headliner and fisheyes showing up in the paint just months after I bought it new. My dealership was a little aggravating to deal with, but they fixed it all under warranty. They even replaced the underhood mat that I had to pull out on the side of the interstate after a giant hole smoldered into it. They thought maybe a cigarette butt got lodged in there somehow. None of these issues ever came back.

Over the years, I have obsessed over every rock chip, ding, and scratch. My dash has even developed the infamous cracking. I have a couple scuffs on two of the wheels. The cassette deck doesn't work. There is a stain on the carpet. I have a big scratch on the windshield where a rock hit it. The leather seats have a couple cracks. The funny thing is, I am the only person who noitices the bumps and bruises. Everyone else sees a low mileage Dodge pickup that looks nearly new and has never had anything hauled in the virgin bed. I still love the truck and my Challenger. That's why I don't drive them in bad weather or daily to work.

I say all of that to say this: Just enjoy your car. Get the small issues fixed while it is still under warranty. Get a winter beater. You can find deals. I just bought my dad's old 2005 Dakata Quad Cab for $1500. I see all kinds of good cars under $3000 with plenty of life left in them. As for a Challenger vs. Mustang debate goes. There isn't a dime's worth of difference in quality between the two unless you get a manual. Both of them have their plusses and minuses. For every guy badmouthing his Challenger, I can find another badmouthing his Mustang. If you drive any car, it won't stay perfect long. A perfect car is a boring car.
I'm the same way. My Challenger isn't a daily so I try to keep it as pristine as possible but unfortunately just driving it creates blemishes. I notice everything. I got a rock chip within minutes of picking it up.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
550 Posts
Same here. First trip to my dealer, caught a rock off of a garbage truck. Bad gouge on the hood. :mad:

61 - 80 of 104 Posts