Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the we electric lights in my car for over a year with no issues. Well, in the last month I was told told the passenger side brake lights were out. So I replace the bulbs and everything is working fine. 2 days later I start the car with the RKE and now one of the 2 bulbs I replaced is not working.. I saw some old posts from 09 where people had issues. Mine is from 11 and went in smooth, worked great until recently when it started eating bulbs. Anyone have the same problem and have a fix for it?

Thanks.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,612 Posts
I would check in the sockets to make sure your contacts are not caught or collapsed. I have a different set of sequentials and found the contacts were stuck down because some of them were not quite centered.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Next Verify Moisture Proof Assembly.

I would check in the sockets to make sure your contacts are not caught or collapsed. I have a different set of sequentials and found the contacts were stuck down because some of them were not quite centered.
Good advise quoted above.

If that fails i would move on to water damage. Some of the kits out there finish with vinyl tape. If there is not RTV or something under the tape moisture will eventually get in.

Any way, good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Had my WebElectric kit about 6 mos. No trouble til the other day. No sequencing on left side. Took a look at all the harness and connections. Nothing obvious. Noticed water had gotten under the rubber cap that you use to cover the OEM socket. Also, took the tape off the SMD crcuit board because it was getting hot in one spot while running left side blinkers. Saw a solder connection that was "cold" and saw one wire hanging by a couple strands.
Called the support line and they said if I had checked for crimped wires, etc.
just send sequencer back with $7 shipping fee. They will repair it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts