Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the Web Electrics Sequential taillights on my 2010 SE, everything looks great and works great.
Until I hit the unlock button on my key fob. When I hit the unlock button on my key fob, the sequentials start off in the middle like normal and shoot out towards the ends, but the right side doesn't go all the way to the last bulb, it's two shy on the right.
It shoots all the way to the left but not the right, and it's only when I hit the unlock button on the key fob.
If I do it 3 times in a row, the second time its only 1 bulb shy, and the third time they all light up at once with no sequence.

Is this a common problem? I tried searching for this but I couldn't find anything on it.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Mine do the same thing. Im not worried about it. They do, however, work correctly when the brakes are applied and when the turn signals are activated. I also get the full sequential effect when I use the hazards.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,612 Posts
My set (not WE) will not fire the outside bulbs on the first time sequence (like unlocking the doors). After that, they work fine.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I have not experienced this with the sequential tail lights. All of mine are active, but not too long ago I noticed the left rear sequential was flashing erratically with the four ways on. I periodically check my lights for weak or burnt out bulbs. I researched and read that turning on the turn signals one at a time and allowing them to flash for about a minute sequences the sequencers.

I have a 2009 R/T with the W.E. for about 3 plus years. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same issues with this kit on my '10 SE and on the new '13 RT, but they do all fire when braking and signaling. Until that starts I'm not gonna worry about it either. Hopefully since more than one person has had this issue it will do you some good. I know it does for me when I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine did this from day one, and for a few months the lights still worked correct. But eventually the right side would sequence when braking and the left would come on correctly (absolutely no interest in sequencing brake lights; seems very dangerous).

I finally gave up, and simply put the old wiring into the outer lights (did not replace the harness on the trunk lid, as I had to mutilate one of the connecters on the OEM harness to remove the wires), and the signals and brakes works like the OEM lights now.

Far too many folks have had issue with this system, and few things are as important as your brake lights. I regret doing this mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts