Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 392 / 6 Speed
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience using non-Dodge franchise dealers for routine service? Any heat from FCA as a result with warranty? I ask because I work at a huge Toyota dealership and we have some great techs who work on high end trades, and can handle my 392 for sure. Barring that, does anyone have an in at a Dodge store in Las Vegas. Some of the ones we have are pretty shady, so I'd prefer not to use them if I don't have to.

--Jeff

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,625 Posts
Anybody have experience using non-Dodge franchise dealers for routine service? Any heat from FCA as a result with warranty? I ask because I work at a huge Toyota dealership and we have some great techs who work on high end trades, and can handle my 392 for sure. Barring that, does anyone have an in at a Dodge store in Las Vegas. Some of the ones we have are pretty shady, so I'd prefer not to use them if I don't have to.

--Jeff
No need to go to the dealer just keep receipts with mileage and date records and parts used.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
758 Posts
As @Dodgeguy said ... just keep records.

It's your responsibility to follow the maintenance schedule in the Owner's Manual to keep the warranty intact. There's nothing in the Owner's Manual the says the service has to be performed at a Dodge dealership. You can do the work yourself, take it to an independent garage, or use any other service center ... just as long as you have the service done on schedule.

There's even a place on Mopar.com where you can log service records. Official Mopar Site | Maintenance Records

Reactions: DeWFPo

·
Registered
2018 392 / 6 Speed
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. My service director just told me the same thing. Can even have service contract work done here since the original warranty is up and it's on a CPO wrap. I feel much better having people I know work on the car.

--Jeff

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,870 Posts
Thanks for the input. My service director just told me the same thing. Can even have service contract work done here since the original warranty is up and it's on a CPO wrap. I feel much better having people I know work on the car.

--Jeff
The GM at a local Porsche dealer had his new Hellcat worked on by the Porsche techs. One in particular was very well acquainted with Dodges.

I'm sure all the work was documented and the factory approved fluids and filters and such were used.

When I bought my Hellcat I talked to the service department about servicing my Hellcat. The service my Porsche cars received was outstanding. Service manager said I could have my Hellcat serviced there but the service would be done at the going Porsche labor rate and follow the servicing procedure used for Porsche. This would have resulted in $400 oil changes... I declined. Fortunately the several Dodge dealers in my area offered good service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts