Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
the mounting should all be the same but i think the position of the active air inlet ducting may be off a little... since the 11's and up went to electric assisted steering, the power steering reservoir went away, your airbox might not be centered up properly under it... other than that, physically everything else should be ok...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't think it will work, precisely because of the airbox. The 2011 up won't fit on a 2008. The airbox is what routes the air from the shaker into the CAI, without it, you have a shaker just for looks. Have you thought about aftermarket?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys, No I haven't thought of after market yet. I just like the looks of the new cars and just thought will it fit. I know they don't offer it on a SRT so was wondering why they did not put it on the bigger engines. I think it would be cool on our 08. Might have to look into a after market. Anyone know who has them?

·
Registered
313 Posts
There are different brands/manufacturers of aftermarket shakers. They all have different attributes and drawbacks. It's mostly going to depend on you specific likes and dislikes. I had a Cervini's shaker and loved it for the time I had it. Brands are: Cervini's, AFR, Danko, Suncoast, and CDC, that I am aware of. There are cheaper ones and more expensive ones. I know Cervini's and AFR can be purchased already painted to match your color code. DOn't know about the others. You will find the aftermarket is at least $1000 cheaper than the MOPAR version. You'll have to check out their websites to determeine if any are right for you. There are many threads and pics here that show how they look installed. :smileup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the Mopar Version, A few mods to the Shaker mount as the kit is for the 5.7. Just have to move the P/S reservoir, but that is it. Should have it up and running by weeks end. Talked to cervinis about theres and they must be very well off and don't want our business, They said they would not sell me a kit until I took a picture of my car to prove I had what I said I did. I am pretty sure I know wht year and model I own.

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you're happy with the purchase that's all that matters. Don't know what the problem with Cervini's was/is; but, I had absolutly no issue with my purchase from them. For me, I would not have had a problem to email them a pic to save $1000 in costs; but, that was your decision to make. :smileup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts