Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Guess the only way to really get it to really shake is to loosen the motor mounts....lol
Or put a Harley engine in there.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,990 Posts
hey hey now, new yorkers have a sense of humor.....we just aim it all towards people living in new jersey.
Most people who have never REALLY known a NYer don't get our type of humor. I think you're hilarious most times!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok, got a price of 53.5k for a nicely optioned WB shaker (only passed on a few options), less any rebates at time of delivery and decent ballpark trade estimate (if things don't change drastically by August or September). So what do you guys think? I don't think it sounds too bad, but might take one more look at the car sites to see if anything came in with the options I wanted yet. BTW, I just accepted a new job as I got tired of being short staffed and being forced to stay over at times at the place I'm at now. I don't think it would be a problem with getting a loan in a few months, correct? It is in the same field and I'll actually be a making a little more money, plus a nice sign on bonus every month for a year.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Med, I think you're still just spinnin' your wheels. Show me the CAR!!

Reactions: Jet Green

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK I stand corrected. My comment was not needed. I just felt for a guy trying to make up his mind about spending half 100K on a car...
We do have a sense of humor in NY. We just stand a chance of getting punched in the face for the not so funny sense of humor... Laugh guys. LOL bbmac

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok, got a price of 53.5k for a nicely optioned WB shaker (only passed on a few options), less any rebates at time of delivery and decent ballpark trade estimate (if things don't change drastically by August or September). So what do you guys think? I don't think it sounds too bad, but might take one more look at the car sites to see if anything came in with the options I wanted yet. BTW, I just accepted a new job as I got tired of being short staffed and being forced to stay over at times at the place I'm at now. I don't think it would be a problem with getting a loan in a few months, correct? It is in the same field and I'll actually be a making a little more money, plus a nice sign on bonus every month for a year.
Sounds like you are doing pretty good to me. Retired for 10 years now... I believe banks go back for years not just the job you presently have. Just ordered a 1320 scat myself - Couldn't order a shaker with the 1320 package or I would have... manufacturers don't cut a hole in the hood for no reason... I assume you are talking a 2022. Hope they still have the shaker as a option... I wanted a 50th anniversary but came up a year late... Wish ya the best with your order,, bbmac

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Med, I think you're still just spinnin' your wheels. Show me the CAR!!
I know. I was so close to texting him back to do it this morning, but keep thinking as soon as I do, I'm most likely going to kick myself for not going with the 1320 trim. I like the looks of the widebody shaker better, but the 1320 isn't bad either. I just don't know if I'll ever use the go fast goodies in the package or not? It does sound like something fun to get into since I don't really have any hobbies besides working out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK time for me to put my self into this challenger thing... If I want a wide body I would order a jeep with the BS wide body fenders added on... I don't think there is any problem putting 315's on a charger scat or a challenger scat if the rims have the right back space and 20 to 40 off set... Better you understand back space and off set before you get a good set of forged rims. These rim guys will send you anything to make a buck....
If just a good looking challenger. I would order a shaker package in most colors..
Me - I liked the idea of a 1320 since I saw the nut job road kill guys driving them...
Not sure but I think the first 1320 where not scat packs???? Wanted one so cashed in 100K annuity found I saved all my life to buy my last hurrah. Wish all of you good sailing on getting a 50K plus car... bbmac

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know. I was so close to texting him back to do it this morning, but keep thinking as soon as I do, I'm most likely going to kick myself for not going with the 1320 trim. I like the looks of the widebody shaker better, but the 1320 isn't bad either. I just don't know if I'll ever use the go fast goodies in the package or not? It does sound like something fun to get into since I don't really have any hobbies besides working out.
One more time fella -- coming from a motor head since 14. Thats right before I knew what girls were about... After that I was always a motor head...
A 1320 package comes with no cloth seats. If you want them they will put them in for a buck. Up to you.. Its the best challenger scat pack for the street and drag track you can buy right now... Up to you if thats what you are looking for...
One last call --- That WB chit aint worth chit but bigger tires,,, Want to drag at a drag track buy a set of rims that fit with 10.5 inch slicks on them... cost ya a couple grand but worth it at the track... Ask a few more track guys then I... bbmac

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
what you are looking for doesn't exist sir. thats like me saying i want a super stock, but with just the drivers seat having a/c, a sunroof, full stereo setup, but with weight savings, but i also want to not hear too much road noise. it is easier for you to just get an sxt. you will save thousands of dollars that you can then use to buy the vicrenz wide body kit and some replica rims. debadge your car. then, you will have the look you are after without spending all that money.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what you are looking for doesn't exist sir. thats like me saying i want a super stock, but with just the drivers seat having a/c, a sunroof, full stereo setup, but with weight savings, but i also want to not hear too much road noise. it is easier for you to just get an sxt. you will save thousands of dollars that you can then use to buy the vicrenz wide body kit and some replica rims. debadge your car. then, you will have the look you are after without spending all that money.
Not sure why I am replying to this... It is called a challenger scat pack with the following order the end of April 30... Not going to tell you about what I ordered but my friend, a manager of Town and Country dodge in Nassau county NY Ordered it for my wife...
If this settles your brain ???? I love the sound of headers...I give 2 shits about saving weight - I love the so called perforated leather seats... Dodge can stick that BS wide body chit where the sun don't shine... Nothing but wider tires that slicks at the drag slip over come any street tire... And will add - what the f is this stereo chit, I don't Liston to music when dragging at a traffic light or drag strip... You and me have different genders fella... bbmac

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I know the WB isnt the quickest, but it's a couple ticks faster than the standard body d/t better traction and its the best handling trim. I love the front end too. It also has special suspension and adaptive damping. I just don't know for mostly daily driving which trim would be better in my case. Everyone's opinions and use of the car will be different of course.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
207 Posts
I am a frugal person. I look for the best deals on everything I buy. That said, I'm going to get what I want. If you settle for something just to save money, you most likely won't be happy with the purchase. My father is notorious for saving a few bucks on a vehicle and not being totally happy with it 2 months later.
Examples:
1. Bought a 1998 Phord Ranger (biggest piece of garbage he ever owned) because the Dakota he wanted was $500 more expensive. The Danger (we called it that because it had no power and something was always wrong with it) was totally done at 23,000 miles. He should have lemon lawed it.
2. Bought a 2001 Dakota V6 and wished he got the V8 a month later.
3. Skipped power windows and locks on a 2004 4 door Dakota to save a few bucks. He still has the truck, but always complains about reaching for the rear door locks. At least he got the V8.
4. Got a wheezy 4 banger in a 2008 Avenger. He stated many times how he really liked the car, but wished he bought it wth a V6.

All that said, get the Shaker if you want it. Yeah, it is a tad expensive, but it's really what you want. I personally don't care for the base Scat Pack hood. I wanted something more retro, so I searched for either a T/A or Shaker car. I found my car in Florence, KY and a Shaker car above Atlanta, GA. I liked the T/A package a little better and white better than gloss primer (Destroyer Grey), so I called about the T/A. It was also priced nearly $8000 under sticker where the Shaker car was $6500 off sticker. I really wanted a car with just the T/A package or Shaker option, but mine also had the Driver's Convenience Group. I really didn't care for that, but I love it now that I have it. I also don't care for Alcantara, so I was happy mine had cloth seats. I like real leather better, so I will be buying a Katzkin seat kit later this year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even though it is $6000, the wide body option gives you more for your money than ANY other option!
Better suspension, wider wheels, wider tires, front fascia, flat bottom steering wheel, most aggressive look......and most importantly...MUCH BETTER HANDLING. The wide body, if you can afford it, is a no brainer.
As much as all the other options are great, dollar for dollar they don't give you as much.
HK, while it is the best sounding system offered....not worth $2,000
Shaker, while VERY COOL....not worth $2,500
T/A package, while second best to the Shaker on looks.....definitely not worth almost $3,000

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Not sure why I am replying to this... It is called a challenger scat pack with the following order the end of April 30... Not going to tell you about what I ordered but my friend, a manager of Town and Country dodge in Nassau county NY Ordered it for my wife...
If this settles your brain ???? I love the sound of headers...I give 2 shits about saving weight - I love the so called perforated leather seats... Dodge can stick that BS wide body chit where the sun don't shine... Nothing but wider tires that slicks at the drag slip over come any street tire... And will add - what the f is this stereo chit, I don't Liston to music when dragging at a traffic light or drag strip... You and me have different genders fella... bbmac
not sure why you are replying also..
why would it settle my brain, i got the car i wanted. just giving my two cents to the o.p.
as for your headers, you don't care about weight savings, but you go to the drag strip
as for gender, i dont care what you consider yourself. keep opinions like that to yourself. it is a forum, everybody has an opinion and everybodys opinion is right. this post is for the o.p. not what you think of each individual members post.

·
Registered
64 Posts
not sure why you are replying also..
why would it settle my brain, i got the car i wanted. just giving my two cents to the o.p.
as for your headers, you don't care about weight savings, but you go to the drag strip
as for gender, i dont care what you consider yourself. keep opinions like that to yourself. it is a forum, everybody has an opinion and everybodys opinion is right. this post is for the o.p. not what you think of each individual members post.
Sorry, was just trying to help a challenger purchasing decision... As for headers -- they are the cheapest way to a few more of HP. However, on a factory built vehicle you will lose torque with headers.
I will apologize if it makes all feel better but the fact is --- Most of you have not a clue what a tenth of a second is on a drag track.... I don't really care either as long as I am in the car I want to be in. Wanna go fast --- Lighten the car you are in . Not care- keep it the way you want and have fun at the track.... bbmac

61 - 80 of 173 Posts