Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't want to be in confrontation with all that are after me,,, whats the problem with new old blood??? I just want my little space of opinion I have incorporated in over 50 years... Any of you remember the HP manufacturers in the 60's until the early gas,, so called shortage of the 70's???? Cars went to shit,,, We are back now,,, Be happy if you can afford a 'muscle car born in the future" wont me long before they are gone... LY bbmac

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
even though, unfortunately, this isn't part of the original question, i did want to clarify some things. we all want to make sure that any person who buys a challenger, which we all love, that it is the correct one for them. money wise and for what they will use it for.
now, as for headers, as far as i know, the 392 is optimized from the factory, unless you are using long tube headers. that is my understanding, i have been wrong many many times, so if i am wrong, i apologize.
losing torque, unless you go with huge headers, i think there is another posting here about about exhaust size and loss of power.
and you would be wrong on thinking that most of us don't know what a tenth means. the majority of the people i have posted here with have all raced. and you are mistaken.
take this as you like, like you said, keep the car the way you want it. be safe on the track bb

Reactions: RyzRT and TITANIUM

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I think I finally decided what trim and color to order, a scat pack widebody almost totally loaded in Sinamon Stick. It was tough choice between it and a 1320 or regular body shaker with the brass monkey wheels. But I can get the caramel interior and will have big enough wheels already and better handling and it should be quick enough for the street I think. The only thing I'm trying to decide is if I should get the shaker or not. I think it does look a little meaner and you get the white faced gauges. Its kind of a pricey option, but then again not really that much of a difference in payments when you consider its a mid-to-high 50's car. As long as my 20k or so estimate in trade equity is accurate and won't take a nose dive in the next couple months which I doubt with the current conditions.
Hey Medsport, Read your post and a bunch more of the replies, not all of them. I am an old guy, 74yo. Have had a lot and still have some pretty neat stuff. To the point. I took delivery of my 2020 Super Stock about a month ago. The color is Sinamon Stick. Took the car to the Irwindale 1/8 mile drags a couple of nights ago. I have never had so many people approach me because of the color of my car. With a shaker hood that would be hot! Just picked up on a little of the conversations. There is a lot more to the widebodies than the name. These cars are all very expensive! But get the car that is going to make you happy. My first pull on the strip put a huge smile on my face and made the price of my car worth every penny. Good luck with your new car whatever it turns out to be. I am going to try to attach a pic or two of my Sinamon Stick. Oops, pics are on my phone, not computer. Will Post later!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Medsport, Read your post and a bunch more of the replies, not all of them. I am an old guy, 74yo. Have had a lot and still have some pretty neat stuff. To the point. I took delivery of my 2020 Super Stock about a month ago. The color is Sinamon Stick. Took the car to the Irwindale 1/8 mile drags a couple of nights ago. I have never had so many people approach me because of the color of my car. With a shaker hood that would be hot! Just picked up on a little of the conversations. There is a lot more to the widebodies than the name. These cars are all very expensive! But get the car that is going to make you happy. My first pull on the strip put a huge smile on my face and made the price of my car worth every penny. Good luck with your new car whatever it turns out to be. I am going to try to attach a pic or two of my Sinamon Stick. Oops, pics are on my phone, not computer. Will Post later!
Here is my Sinamon Stick 2020 Super Stock .
IMG_1807.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Awesome looking car BA Mickey! Wish I could get one just like that, but well out of my price range. I'm looking at mid-50's tops and that is only because I'm figuring I have about 20k in trade equity. I'm just trying to decide between the 1320 or WB (with or without shaker) at the moment as they would be priced in the same ballpark. I would be ordering it from a guy on the mustang forum who can also get me a mach 1 for about the same price. I'm kind of considering that too as I see some people are paying over sticker for them. But since I've already had 3 Mustangs, I really wanted something different with more torque down low. Those mach's sound like nice cars though and its easier and cheaper to get more power out of them. I just wish they came with more features and options and more in more color choices too. BTW, that guy also has a supercharged GT for 51k. Not a bad deal for 700hp, but its all black and again, same basic body, interior and motor as I have now. IDK, I may just end up waiting and checking out the new Z as I hear its supposed to be pretty good and probably the best bang for the buck of any of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bad ass to say the least... If you will - How long is the bed of that trailer it is on??? Do the doors open over the trailer fenders??? Thinking about getting one for my challenger scat coming. bbmac
even though, unfortunately, this isn't part of the original question, i did want to clarify some things. we all want to make sure that any person who buys a challenger, which we all love, that it is the correct one for them. money wise and for what they will use it for.
now, as for headers, as far as i know, the 392 is optimized from the factory, unless you are using long tube headers. that is my understanding, i have been wrong many many times, so if i am wrong, i apologize.
losing torque, unless you go with huge headers, i think there is another posting here about about exhaust size and loss of power.
and you would be wrong on thinking that most of us don't know what a tenth means. the majority of the people i have posted here with have all raced. and you are mistaken.
take this as you like, like you said, keep the car the way you want it. be safe on the track bb
Mason - what kind of Mason? You mixing cement for a brick layer or are you in the order of the Masons...
bobby mac attack in writing... Don't like it,,, click off and do us both a favor....
First,,,, old days.. Old ass iron exhaust manifolds,,, they had a cross pipe between the two exhaust pipes that acted like a short header... This was to get the exhaust pulses to help pull out the first to last. You get it or you don't???
As for long tube headers increasing HP --- Only what I have learned in 50 years - the CC or actual cu.inches of a cylinder head exhaust port should not exceed the header pipes diameter... Take it or leave it guys - girls,,up to you... bbmac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
So I was looking at the build sheets he put together as I thought there was going to be more of a difference than about $700 between the WB shaker and the 1320. But it looks like he forgot to add the shaker to the WB (no wonder I was thinking it was a good deal) and I added the red calipers and SRT spoiler to the 1320 so that would be the difference. Still just under 53k for a nicely optioned 1320 less any rebates (if there are any at time of delivery) isn't bad I guess. He did say the Challenger should arrive a lot quicker than if I were to order a mach (around 60 days compared to 90 or so). I just need to decide if I really want the SRT spoiler and find out if there is a deposit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just did some searching. 2021 challengers on dealers lots. Unless all the scat 1320's were scooped up. Plenty WB, Shaker hoods, a few TA's but didn't see any 1320's. My guess is the 1320 scat is a different animal like the hell cat red eye is... I am on LI and did a 100 mile search. You should be able to find a WB shaker on a lot but don't count on a 1320 package... Had to order my 1320 with full leather seats for top dolla and was still less then a WB. Good ruck with your choice. bbmac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Yeah, I found about 3 in a 500 mile radius, but none in the color or options I wanted. I did find one that is very close to what I would want in hellraisin, but it's too far away. I think I'm going to have to order one if I want a 1320.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had to give them 2K deposit and they don't order it till the check is cashed. Also the numbers I got from dodge on the internet don't account for delivery charge, Admin.charge, dealer fee,etc etc... And in this forbidden state 4400 bucks for tax.... Boys toys are expensive... LOL bbmac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
So I guess a 1k deposit isn't too bad then? He did say it was a commitment so not sure if I want to do that. But about 4k off MSRP isn't that bad either for an ordered car just like you want...except they are not doing the hood pins at the moment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is NY. Over 50 years I have seen 10% - 200 bucks to now a lot less if you do the math... Don't mind the so called deposit but 'commitment' Is you aint getting your money back if you don't seal the deal in a few days after its ready for pick up... You have no choice with a manufactured ordered scat... In NY if they think they might have a problem selling a twice 1320 package deal they up the deposit... The least of your worries...
Heard of MSRP. I got a NET price off dodge page... When they finger the cost - delivery, tax and the other bs out make sure you can come up with the bucks... They have your K so they can let it go cheaper....
Just to help your or my understanding... When I ordered my charger scat I got a call when it came in. The manager asking if I was coming to pick it up...Found out it was the manager. Had a late buyer that was gonna pay more then it cast me... Needless to say its in my drive way and I love it... And know I don't plan on ever racing it unless at a stop light... bbmac

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320. Pitch Black.
15 Posts
So I guess a 1k deposit isn't too bad then? He did say it was a commitment so not sure if I want to do that. But about 4k off MSRP isn't that bad either for an ordered car just like you want...except they are not doing the hood pins at the moment.
Dude, are you for real, or are you just punking the entire forum? I just read thru all your posts on this thread and it's actually comical. You have no idea what you're doing, or what you want. You start off telling everyone you're ready to buy and your asking for opinions on WB Shaker or not. You even told us the color you wanted (Sinamon Stick). Everything you've said after that makes no sense. You don't know what car you want. You started with a WB, and now you're talking about a 1320. One of the guys shows you a pic of his F8, and all of a sudden you love F8 Green, but won't get it because you already have a green car.....lol....really?. You talked a lot about cost and pricing, and concerns about a new job, and loan, and your trade in value, which leads me to agree with one of the other guys that said you can't afford a car like this. That's pretty clear.
Then you go back and forth debating (stalling) all kinds of BS things that you should be way beyond if your seriously close to buying. Then you say the dealer wants a $1000 deposit to order a new one, reminds you that it's a commitment, and you say your not ready to do that, lol. AND NOW, you don't even know what make of automobile you want....now you're talking about buying a Ford? Wow dude, I think you should stay away from fast powerful cars before you hurt yourself, or someone else. Clearly your a mark, and way over you're head. I tip my hat to all the guys who have humored you, but sorry, I couldn't hold my tongue anymore.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Wow, thanks for the encouragement dude! I'm just trying to get some advice on which trim I should get as I don't want to make another mistake as I have in the past with the cars I chose. For your information, I'm actually considering a regular loaded scat pack and a shaker as well. I just can't make my mind up which trim I want for sure as they all have their pluses and minuses. At the moment I'm leaning towards the 1320 and that is the trim I seem to keep going back to. What I meant about the F8 is I really like that color and is probably my favorite, but just want something different as I have a green car now. The jog thing is secure again as I decided to stay where I'm at since we recently got a rate increase. Yeah, I passed on a huge bonus, but the uncertainty wasn't worth it. In the past, it would have been stretching the budget, but now that I'm making more, have bills paid down, have some savings and credit has increased, along with high trade in values, it should be no problem and one of the reasons I was thinking of going up to the WB shaker. But why push it if a slightly less expensive trim may do just fine for a daily? I have no problem paying a 1k deposit, I just don't like that dealers attitude about saying it is non-refundable. In my thinking f-you, I will just go somewhere else as their are tons of places that would like to sell me a car...at least I thought there was. Now they seem to all be getting picky. As far as maybe buying a Ford, why not? I've been driving a Mustang GT for the past 7 years and I've owned 3 Mustangs and a Probe GT and it is probably the better car (referring to a mach 1 or performance pack GT) in as far as handling and price and ease to mod, but I just want something different. I'm also seriously considering the new Z, but don't really want to wait almost another year and would prefer to stay with an American company.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dude, are you for real, or are you just punking the entire forum? I just read thru all your posts on this thread and it's actually comical. You have no idea what you're doing, or what you want. You start off telling everyone you're ready to buy and your asking for opinions on WB Shaker or not. You even told us the color you wanted (Sinamon Stick). Everything you've said after that makes no sense. You don't know what car you want. You started with a WB, and now you're talking about a 1320. One of the guys shows you a pic of his F8, and all of a sudden you love F8 Green, but won't get it because you already have a green car.....lol....really?. You talked a lot about cost and pricing, and concerns about a new job, and loan, and your trade in value, which leads me to agree with one of the other guys that said you can't afford a car like this. That's pretty clear.
Then you go back and forth debating (stalling) all kinds of BS things that you should be way beyond if your seriously close to buying. Then you say the dealer wants a $1000 deposit to order a new one, reminds you that it's a commitment, and you say your not ready to do that, lol. AND NOW, you don't even know what make of automobile you want....now you're talking about buying a Ford? Wow dude, I think you should stay away from fast powerful cars before you hurt yourself, or someone else. Clearly your a mark, and way over you're head. I tip my hat to all the guys who have humored you, but sorry, I couldn't hold my tongue anymore.
Got your reply in my em... Was ready to tell you I ordered my 1320 before even getting on this site...
Hey you kind of scolded the guy for going on and on,,, don't blame you....
My advice to the guy - If you aint got real good credit you better have 50K plus to own one of the challengers you talk about.... Don't quote me but have read the challenger scat puts out over 500 HP when at top RPM????
Me I don't really care.. I get why did you order all the leather seats? Because I like the perforated seat. And I will do the 1/4 with the A/C on high... LOLOL bbmac

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got your reply in my em... Was ready to tell you I ordered my 1320 before even getting on this site...
Hey you kind of scolded the guy for going on and on,,, don't blame you....
My advice to the guy - If you aint got real good credit you better have 50K plus to own one of the challengers you talk about.... Don't quote me but have read the challenger scat puts out over 500 HP when at top RPM????
Me I don't really care.. I get why did you order all the leather seats? Because I like the perforated seat. And I will do the 1/4 with the A/C on high... LOLOL bbmac
I love it, it sounds like you and I are of the same mindset. I'm 63 years old and was born with gas and oil in my veins. I don't ask other people to tell me how to spend my money, I buy what I want regardless of what anyone else thinks. I bought a Pitch Black 1320 on March 31st, Convenience Package, Plus Package, Premium Sound. I spent $2000 for Satin Black racing stripes and full length body side strobe graphics. The Satin black striping on the glossy black paint looks incredible. I will make one comment for the guys who read this, if I had to do it over again, I would not buy the 1320. I absolutely love the car, but I would tell you that it's a bit harsh. Extremely powerful, very stiff suspension. To be brutally honest, at this point in my life it's too much car for me, and I didn't expect that. Dodge says that the 1320 is the fastest naturally aspirated muscle car in the world, and believe me, it feels that way. If that's what you're looking for then the 1320 is definitely the car for you. I probably would have been better served with something a bit tamer like a regular Scat or WB Scat.
I'm thinking of trading out of this 1320 and getting into a WB. I live in the Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete area so I literally have a ton of Dodge dealers within a 50 mile radius. Prices are pretty good because they are all competing against each other, but we will see.
Thanks guys.
ecbce3b8ce7af1a369705d29fe3e44d4.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, thanks for the encouragement dude! I'm just trying to get some advice on which trim I should get as I don't want to make another mistake as I have in the past with the cars I chose. For your information, I'm actually considering a regular loaded scat pack and a shaker as well. I just can't make my mind up which trim I want for sure as they all have their pluses and minuses. At the moment I'm leaning towards the 1320 and that is the trim I seem to keep going back to. What I meant about the F8 is I really like that color and is probably my favorite, but just want something different as I have a green car now. The jog thing is secure again as I decided to stay where I'm at since we recently got a rate increase. Yeah, I passed on a huge bonus, but the uncertainty wasn't worth it. In the past, it would have been stretching the budget, but now that I'm making more, have bills paid down, have some savings and credit has increased, along with high trade in values, it should be no problem and one of the reasons I was thinking of going up to the WB shaker. But why push it if a slightly less expensive trim may do just fine for a daily? I have no problem paying a 1k deposit, I just don't like that dealers attitude about saying it is non-refundable. In my thinking f-you, I will just go somewhere else as their are tons of places that would like to sell me a car...at least I thought there was. Now they seem to all be getting picky. As far as maybe buying a Ford, why not? I've been driving a Mustang GT for the past 7 years and I've owned 3 Mustangs and a Probe GT and it is probably the better car (referring to a mach 1 or performance pack GT) in as far as handling and price and ease to mod, but I just want something different. I'm also seriously considering the new Z, but don't really want to wait almost another year and would prefer to stay with an American company.
Absolutely comical. This post just reaffirms everything I said about you. You sound like a child in a candy store. You want to put every piece of candy you see in your mouth, but you have no money. You are now insulting our intelligence.

81 - 100 of 172 Posts