Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320. Pitch Black.
15 Posts
Awesome looking car BA Mickey! Wish I could get one just like that, but well out of my price range. I'm looking at mid-50's tops and that is only because I'm figuring I have about 20k in trade equity. I'm just trying to decide between the 1320 or WB (with or without shaker) at the moment as they would be priced in the same ballpark. I would be ordering it from a guy on the mustang forum who can also get me a mach 1 for about the same price. I'm kind of considering that too as I see some people are paying over sticker for them. But since I've already had 3 Mustangs, I really wanted something different with more torque down low. Those mach's sound like nice cars though and its easier and cheaper to get more power out of them. I just wish they came with more features and options and more in more color choices too. BTW, that guy also has a supercharged GT for 51k. Not a bad deal for 700hp, but its all black and again, same basic body, interior and motor as I have now. IDK, I may just end up waiting and checking out the new Z as I hear its supposed to be pretty good and probably the best bang for the buck of any of them.
You never cease to entertain, you're a one-man band of keystone cops.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love it, it sounds like you and I are of the same mindset. I'm 63 years old and was born with gas and oil in my veins. I don't ask other people to tell me how to spend my money, I buy what I want regardless of what anyone else thinks. I bought a Pitch Black 1320 on March 31st, Convenience Package, Plus Package, Premium Sound. I spent $2000 for Satin Black racing stripes and full length body side strobe graphics. The Satin black striping on the glossy black paint looks incredible. I will make one comment for the guys who read this, if I had to do it over again, I would not buy the 1320. I absolutely love the car, but I would tell you that it's a bit harsh. Extremely powerful, very stiff suspension. To be brutally honest, at this point in my life it's too much car for me, and I didn't expect that. Dodge says that the 1320 is the fastest naturally aspirated muscle car in the world, and believe me, it feels that way. If that's what you're looking for then the 1320 is definitely the car for you. I probably would have been better served with something a bit tamer like a regular Scat or WB Scat.
I'm thinking of trading out of this 1320 and getting into a WB. I live in the Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete area so I literally have a ton of Dodge dealers within a 50 mile radius. Prices are pretty good because they are all competing against each other, but we will see.
Thanks guys. View attachment 279484
Yes we are JG. not sure what the G is for but never bought a green, or white, or black car in my life... How ever I have never seen a black car with a black stripe in my life... boo koo to you my friend... That car Is dyno... black stripe on a black car --- you win...
I am waiting in a a 2021 scat 1320 I ordered april 1.... Tax included 52000 - not cheap for sure but WTF... I plan on racing it for kicks... Still wonder what the G reen is for... thanks guy ---- I am 76 and still a so called motor head. bbmac

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes we are JG. not sure what the G is for but never bought a green, or white, or black car in my life... How ever I have never seen a black car with a black stripe in my life... boo koo to you my friend... That car Is dyno... black stripe on a black car --- you win...
I am waiting in a a 2021 scat 1320 I ordered april 1.... Tax included 52000 - not cheap for sure but WTF... I plan on racing it for kicks... Still wonder what the G reen is for... thanks guy ---- I am 76 and still a so called motor head. bbmac
Bobby I'm hoping that you really enjoy your 1320. Like I said it's a wild ride. The price of mine was right around your price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not important but it figures I wrote the price wrong. Should have been 55200 with NY tax. I only added the two 1320 packages cause I like the perforated seats. However - I sat in a challenger at the dealers with cloth seats. Have to admit they were nice. Had I known I probably would have saved myself 3500 plus bucks. And a 100 pounds
Kind of figured the ride would be like a bobble head doll. LOL.... No big deal - probably only put 500 to a K on it a year... I have a scat pack charger I love. Reminds me of the big 4 door lead sleds I had when younger... I put 20 x 10.5 wheels with 275 x 40 tires on the back. Better then the 245 x 45's which are in the cellar and will be going on the front of the 1320 when it gets here...
I like to fly low so I didn't get any graphics on it... The dealer will remove the side badges as they did on my 17 charger... I get a kick out of the helmet on that little Bee but I don't like to advertise. Drive safe. bbmac

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
So I think I finally decided what trim and color to order, a scat pack widebody almost totally loaded in Sinamon Stick. It was tough choice between it and a 1320 or regular body shaker with the brass monkey wheels. But I can get the caramel interior and will have big enough wheels already and better handling and it should be quick enough for the street I think. The only thing I'm trying to decide is if I should get the shaker or not. I think it does look a little meaner and you get the white faced gauges. Its kind of a pricey option, but then again not really that much of a difference in payments when you consider its a mid-to-high 50's car. As long as my 20k or so estimate in trade equity is accurate and won't take a nose dive in the next couple months which I doubt with the current conditions.
IMO, this is the worst time to buy a brand new Challenger since the reintroduction of the Challenger! Simply because of what is happening in this country and across the entire world regarding the computer chips needed to run these cars. Buying a new car today any brand car will seriously cost you, you'd be much better off to wait. Just browsing lots I have seen $10K on top of the prices of some of the cars that will loose more than that once driven off the lot. Who is getting that tacked on money, not you! The last new car my wife and I bought was in 2019 and that was adding some of our savings to buy it outright and have no payments. I do not regret not having payments, but I do regret the $15K value of the car lost just a few months later. So whatever you decide to do, please, take your time and make the right decision for yourself and your family, and forget what someone else says, even my advice as well if it is not in your best interests. My Best to You and Yours! Ry

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thank you for your advice... I am aware of prices of used cars going up - I paid 43K minus tax for a left over 2019. Sold it a month ago for 41500. As for the new cars - I knew about the chip problem when I ordered my 1320 scat. When the dealer gave me the usual 6 to 8 weeks I laughed at him... I knew better. And will add - Hard to save a dime on a factory ordered vehicle. I had a 2k factory deduction on my order. Wasn't I surprised when they told me 'What ever if any factory discount is listed when my car is delivered to the lot and I pay for it...Not a good way to do business but 2K was not a deciding factor on what I wanted. All I can do is hope for a break now...
If you read my replies you know I have a 17 charger scat I love... Call it the family car and people can actually sit in the back. Could also fit a few in the trunk... LOL bobbymac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
IMO, this is the worst time to buy a brand new Challenger since the reintroduction of the Challenger! Simply because of what is happening in this country and across the entire world regarding the computer chips needed to run these cars. Buying a new car today any brand car will seriously cost you, you'd be much better off to wait. Just browsing lots I have seen $10K on top of the prices of some of the cars that will loose more than that once driven off the lot. Who is getting that tacked on money, not you! The last new car my wife and I bought was in 2019 and that was adding some of our savings to buy it outright and have no payments. I do not regret not having payments, but I do regret the $15K value of the car lost just a few months later. So whatever you decide to do, please, take your time and make the right decision for yourself and your family, and forget what someone else says, even my advice as well if it is not in your best interests. My Best to You and Yours! Ry
I hear what you are saying, but I don't plan on buying one off the lot for over sticker. If I find one with the color and options I like and is at a slight discount, I may take a look. But I'm leaning towards ordering and if I go that route, it seems like a good time to buy. Why? Because trade in values are at all time high and as long as I can find somebody to order one at invoice or a little below, that would be about the same as if the market was normal. So in essence all I may be losing is a slightly bigger rebate and if it is a couple grand less than it was a few months ago, the higher trade in should more than make up for it. This is all assuming the market doesn't drastically change in the 8 to 12 weeks it should take to get the car of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not important but it figures I wrote the price wrong. Should have been 55200 with NY tax. I only added the two 1320 packages cause I like the perforated seats. However - I sat in a challenger at the dealers with cloth seats. Have to admit they were nice. Had I known I probably would have saved myself 3500 plus bucks. And a 100 pounds
Kind of figured the ride would be like a bobble head doll. LOL.... No big deal - probably only put 500 to a K on it a year... I have a scat pack charger I love. Reminds me of the big 4 door lead sleds I had when younger... I put 20 x 10.5 wheels with 275 x 40 tires on the back. Better then the 245 x 45's which are in the cellar and will be going on the front of the 1320 when it gets here...
I like to fly low so I didn't get any graphics on it... The dealer will remove the side badges as they did on my 17 charger... I get a kick out of the helmet on that little Bee but I don't like to advertise. Drive safe. bbmac
Bobby, I live in Florida so the ventilated seats are necessary for me. I'm sure you will enjoy them during summer.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Bobby, I live in Florida so the ventilated seats are necessary for me. I'm sure you will enjoy them during summer.
Totally agree, I love the ventilated seats, South Carolina is not as bad as Florida temperatures but the ventilated seats make long rides so much better. Had to make quite a few trips down to the Melbourne area, gets toasty down there.

Reactions: Jet Green

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I agree with the seats. It is a must for me and its only really hot here maybe 3 months out of the year. It takes a few minutes for them to kick in on my Mustang, but I noticed from my test drives that the Challengers are almost immediate. I still don't understand why some cars like the new Supra don't have the cooled seat option, especially at its price point.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I was just about to call the guy to order the 1320 and now I'm thinking maybe I should stick with the WB again. I talked it over with my dad and he didn't think I should get the 1320 as I've never been to a track and don't have a lot of interest in it. IDK, it would be somewhat of a hassle changing out the wheels numerous times if I did go with the drag pack, but if I went with the WB, those wheels may be harder to change being so big. Anyone have any idea how much more the WB wheels weigh compared to the standard wheels?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was just about to call the guy to order the 1320 and now I'm thinking maybe I should stick with the WB again. I talked it over with my dad and he didn't think I should get the 1320 as I've never been to a track and don't have a lot of interest in it. IDK, it would be somewhat of a hassle changing out the wheels numerous times if I did go with the drag pack, but if I went with the WB, those wheels may be harder to change being so big. Anyone have any idea how much more the WB wheels weigh compared to the standard wheels?
If you are not a track or street racer I doubt the 1320 is for you. Read an article on the 1320 - you should do the same.
They called the 1320 the poor mans 840 HP Demon. Take your fathers' advise... bbmac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I get your point, but even if I only go to the track once or even ever, it's still a rare trim and I would have bragging rights as the quickest NA muscle car (at the moment at least), but not sure how I would feel about it say a year or two down the road as I really want the caramel seats and like the wheels and front end of the WB. But then again I can always change things up on the 1320 later too. Although that route would likely end up costing more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get your point, but even if I only go to the track once or even ever, it's still a rare trim and I would have bragging rights as the quickest NA muscle car (at the moment at least), but not sure how I would feel about it say a year or two down the road as I really want the caramel seats and like the wheels and front end of the WB. But then again I can always change things up on the 1320 later too. Although that route would likely end up costing more.
Why do I think you are a young fella that hasn't found which end is up... Thats an old joke...
OK you go to the track for a straight out drag race and get you ass whoooped. Why? because the other guy changed every thing he could to stay in the same class...

OK I watch roadkill - they were in Michigan on a closed down road called wood ward ave... Just made for a 1/4 mile drag race . Two challengers line up, one white one purple. The purple was a 1320.... 1320 won - time 10.6 127 MPH. Do you think for one minute the 1320 came out of the factory,and put some 10 inch wide slicks on it can get into the 10's??? You are mistaken my young friend... My advice - get a "scat pack", collar of your choice, with shaker and you will be very surprised to what happens when you put the peddle to the metal... Your problem now, not mine... bobbymac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I didn't think there was any way it could be that long. So I just checked and first posted about 3 years and a month ago so I guess technically its has entered the 4th year. What I find incredible is I was thinking about a base scat pack with big rebates back then for around 30k and now I'm considering a loaded widebody shaker that has snowballed to almost twice that amount.

101 - 120 of 172 Posts