Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
@Medsport, you still there? I say get the Shaker. @farmer52 has his on a B5 Blue and it just sets it off like no other!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
When you started this thing, I never, ever would have thought you could do so much hand wringing over what trim level car to buy for over 3 years! Amazing. That's assuming you aren't just a troll. If not, I don't understand your thinking at all. By now, if you haven't driven an SP, a SP widebody, and and maybe a Hellcat in three years, you're the King of Lazy. Make a decision and live with it FFS.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
@Medsport, you still there? I say get the Shaker. @farmer52 has his on a B5 Blue and it just sets it off like no other!
The regular shaker or WB shaker? I'm leaning towards the WB, but its pushing 60k with the options I want. The standard body looks good too, but just seems like they are more common and usually the trim I see on the street in my area from time to time. There is a nearly loaded Sinamon shaker I have been thinking of taking a road trip to look at, but it isn't exactly how I would spec it as it has the Alpine instead of HK and doesn't have the carbon package.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
When you started this thing, I never, ever would have thought you could do so much hand wringing over what trim level car to buy for over 3 years! Amazing. That's assuming you aren't just a troll. If not, I don't understand your thinking at all. By now, if you haven't driven an SP, a SP widebody, and and maybe a Hellcat in three years, you're the King of Lazy. Make a decision and live with it FFS.
I have driven a shaker, a 1320, a WB and a hellcat (nice but I knew it was too much). They were all good, but it's hard to get a good feel from just a quick drive, esp since you can't really get on it since it's new and not broken in and usually have the salesman with you. Also these were all separated by months. It would be nice to drive a couple of the trims back to back to compare, but really doubt I could find a place that would have all of them anywhere close. If I had to choose, that WB did seem to handle pretty good and had better traction than the others from what I remember.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Well yeah, bigger tires...but cheap looking, IMHO.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I defend any one please let me know but this 10hort has not a clue about spinning don't winning...
MY old days were 7 inch wide slicks... Now 10.5 I think... You want your class you better have the right tires on it. I don't mind losing but I hate to lose before I get a race... bbmac

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320. Pitch Black.
15 Posts
And now this shopping trip has entered its 4th year....................
LoL.....this dude has become the joke of the Forum. He'll never buy a Scat. He won't even buy an R/T. He's a child posing as a Player. I got an idea, just buy an SXT, debadge it, and tell everyone it's a Hellcat.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320. Pitch Black.
15 Posts
I was just about to call the guy to order the 1320 and now I'm thinking maybe I should stick with the WB again. I talked it over with my dad and he didn't think I should get the 1320 as I've never been to a track and don't have a lot of interest in it. IDK, it would be somewhat of a hassle changing out the wheels numerous times if I did go with the drag pack, but if I went with the WB, those wheels may be harder to change being so big. Anyone have any idea how much more the WB wheels weigh compared to the standard wheels?
Get an SXT, the thought of you behind the wheel of a powerful automobile scares me to death.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
If I defend any one please let me know but this 10hort has not a clue about spinning don't winning...
MY old days were 7 inch wide slicks... Now 10.5 I think... You want your class you better have the right tires on it. I don't mind losing but I hate to lose before I get a race... bbmac
Defend anyone? LOL
I drove a 9 second Vega back about 43 years ago. I have more than a clue about traction. I just don't like the widebody Challenger's flares. It looks better on the Charger.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Defend anyone? LOL
I drove a 9 second Vega back about 43 years ago. I have more than a clue about traction. I just don't like the widebody Challenger's flares. It looks better on the Charger.
Sorry I thought you were against big tires. What size rear tires you have on that vega??? bbmac

·
Registered
64 Posts
LoL.....this dude has become the joke of the Forum. He'll never buy a Scat. He won't even buy an R/T. He's a child posing as a Player. I got an idea, just buy an SXT, debadge it, and tell everyone it's a Hellcat.
I think he thinks older people are his prey. Like we have not picked up alot of knowledge over our years. My guess is he has nothing better to do. lol bbmac

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Get an SXT, the thought of you behind the wheel of a powerful automobile scares me to death.
That is an idea. If only they offered a factory installed supercharger. I'm kind of curious what the next gen will have? A turbo six option or an electric assist for the V8 maybe?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Defend anyone? LOL
What was the guys name who owned that vega ? Was this a Toledo car ?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
What was the guys name who owned that vega ? Was this a Toledo car ?
It was a friend of mine in Vegas from about 1977 to 1980 when he sold it. I got to drive it because he was scared of it. It was fun, most of the time.
Bobbymac is getting kind of weird...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mr Hort and 50 ford. I respect you both because you have been around Forumz way before me but don't press your luck... I prefer 'unusual' at times but not weird, I am as sane as you Mr hort... ... With out getting my back hairs up, I will accept your calling... ----
Never been in a 9 second car and at my age and will never get in one... 40-- 50 years ago that was a f'en fast hot rod... Rails were in the 6 and 7's... There were no f'en 'funny cars 50 years ago... Pro stock ruled back then.
Give me a little break guys I am closer to 80 then 70... You remember any 54 ford and 55 chevy runs behind a bowling ally? Both one lagers as they call it now...
Not trying to catch up but if you see me at Atco NJ or lebanon NY pay attention if you see a purple 2021 1320 challenger. Its on the way - 6 more weeks - I hope... bobbymacattack

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats on the new car, Bobbymac...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Mr Hort and 50 ford. I respect you both because you have been around Forumz way before me but don't press your luck... I prefer 'unusual' at times but not weird, I am as sane as you Mr hort... ... With out getting my back hairs up, I will accept your calling... ----
Never been in a 9 second car and at my age and will never get in one... 40-- 50 years ago that was a f'en fast hot rod... Rails were in the 6 and 7's... There were no f'en 'funny cars 50 years ago... Pro stock ruled back then.
Give me a little break guys I am closer to 80 then 70... You remember any 54 ford and 55 chevy runs behind a bowling ally? Both one lagers as they call it now...
Not trying to catch up but if you see me at Atco NJ or lebanon NY pay attention if you see a purple 2021 1320 challenger. Its on the way - 6 more weeks - I hope... bobbymacattack
That Vega was one scary ride when it got to shaking or skating around when there was a cross wind. We had no idea what we were doing when he first got it. The scariest part of it was when it launched, it did the sky high wheelie and all you saw was sky for a while. I got used to it pretty quickly and the scary part for me was cross wind that hit you just as you passed the last section of bleachers just before the finish line at the Las Vegas Speedrome track. The parachute was a huge help, just to keep the back of the car from washing out. I never won a race in it, but I was runner up twice in Bracket 1. The one time, I broke out because I got into the whole running down the other car at the top end, and I went almost a tenth under. The other time I runnered up, I two stepped it at the start and I ended up with a horrible .720 light.

It had a 331" SBChevy in it with a powerglide at first. It ran in the high tens and even that was scary fast going from a barely 14 second street car. As time went on, the engines got bigger, the trans went to a built Turbo 400, and I hit the wall twice. One was from a broken axle, and I just missed taking out the really nice looking '69 Camaro in the lane next to me, and the second one was a water hose popped and that treated water we used instead of anti-freeze got under the right tire and BLAM, I hit the wall again. After that wreck, the front end of the car became a Pontiac Astra, there was one for sale cheap, and it was white like the car was. The final upgrades were a total redo of the rear suspension, and the best, and second biggest motor we had, a 472" BB Chevy, which got me into the 9.0's. It spun a bearing about 20 runs old, and even though my friend was and is loaded with money, he had enough of messing with it, so he sold it and my driving career was over. Sadly, I lost all the pics of those days along with most of my dog pics and pics of friends and other stuff from the mid 70's when I moved. I had hundeds of drag pics alone.

There were definitely Funny Cars in 1971. I saw them on TV and in person. There are tons of pics of them out there on the net.
I hung out at Milan Dragway and saw some really sad FC's back in '71 and '72. I didn't see any of the "Big" FC's in person until 1974, when I saw Don Prudhomme destroy an 8 car FC field running science fiction type E.T's at some sad Ohio track in the Army Cuda. Too many years ago to remember what race at what track back then. It all gets mixed up until 1975 to 1981 when almost all the FC's I saw were at the old Irwindale and of course, OCIR. After I moved back to Ohio, it was all National Trail and Indy for my in person FC fix. I miss the dry hops, the throttle whacks in the pits, and the cars that at least looked like the cars they were supposed to be. Last race I went to was at National Trail in 2007, just days before I got hurt and spent 3+ months of hell.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts