Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Z members ! Just spotted a Plum Crazy SHAKER on Ebay- full window sticker ! 28S pkg. 5sp.auto anti-spin rear 245/45zr20as performance tires EH231633 SHAKER BADGE # 0038 check it out if interested. $39965.00 I think $ 2000.00 rebates+ $500.00 if financed= $2500.00 total savings not bad ; I don't have any thing to do with this dealer;It's just a heads-up if you missed the order cut-off. As far as I know Plum Crazy Production is finished for this production model year run in 2014. Good Luck , DOUG:smileup:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Shaker looks nice. Don't know why they put the cheap stereo in it. They need to lower the price some.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Isn't it funny how this special edition has so many of the mods people here have been doing for years:
-body color grill surround
-Challenger script grill emblem
-colored stitching
-black spoiler on the RT

Still, like Tiki said, the cheapo stereo, the crappy chrome shifter bezel. I still wouldn't trade mine for it. You could buy a base RT and do the Shaker setup yourself for less money.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2013hemiorangert

Thanks for loading the website,I don't know how to do that! There were alot of options on this shaker model. A fully option car is $43500-$46000. The Plum Crazy Paint originally was $500.00 extra, know they don't charge for it but they cancelled orders for dealers who ordered PLUM CRAZY and made them change colors if they still wanted there shaker's built!! Sounds CRAZY don't ?? By the way more shakers on CARS.COM & AUTOTRADER, I guess the cars are starting to hit the dealers lots!!! I saw some real good discounts on the Shakers ($4000-$5000.) off window stickers!! Thanks again for posting the website . DOUG:smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
No prob Doug. Yea I can't imagine buying one of these cars and not loading it up. I mean IF they are going to be collectable and worth something down the road and you are going to keep it for that reason etc. might as well go all out IMO. Plus you know the owner is always going to wish they had NAV, sunroof etc.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No prob Doug. Yea I can't imagine buying one of these cars and not loading it up. I mean IF they are going to be collectable and worth something down the road and you are going to keep it for that reason etc. might as well go all out IMO. Plus you know the owner is always going to wish they had NAV, sunroof etc.
I wonder if all the bells and whistles on a car now, will be like an 8 track tape player, by the time this is worth something down the road! LOL And who will want that?

I'm kind of digging the steering wheel! I think!:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI, hemigoblin, Hey everything in the world is changing so fast!! Today's latest Transmissions 5SP. Tomorrow 10-12 speed. I guess just go with the flow!!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I wonder if all the bells and whistles on a car now, will be like an 8 track tape player, by the time this is worth something down the road! LOL And who will want that?

I'm kind of digging the steering wheel! I think!:4-dontknow:
I would think so. And look how cool it is to find a car today equipped with a factory 8-track! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
In the Pontiac world if you have an original 67 GTO with the original 8-track player it ads a lot to the value of the car along with all the other elusive, hard to find options. Now today there are more cars built with this stuff so who knows, but back then people thought the same thing so who knows. Doesn't matter to me I've already played that game and made out well. This time around I am in it for fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plum Crazy Color Run Memo

FYI-Went to the dealer this weekend to order the shaker option with the Plum Crazy color and they gave me this memo. Some people who had ordered this combination earlier will be very, very disappointed when their car will arrive the color "orange" instead of plum crazy...

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Challenger11

HI, THANKS for the Info!! I see the memo said it all; that's a tuff break if had your heart set on PLUM CRAZY paint :att:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
You would think the order bank would be smart enough to know how many can be ordered before the "limited" number was met. That would not fly with me. They could keep the HO.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MarcPhrey

HI, Can you believe they ran out of purple paint!! The drought in California caused a grape shortage; so I guess they ran out GRAPE JUICE:SHOCKED:. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been talking to Tony Douglas the owner about a black srt8 that he has, made me a fantastic offer but opted for a red srt from a dealer in Morton IL. get it next week. Tony will deal. I was in Daytona last week at Daytona Dodge and he said he has 5 shakers coming in with the anniversary package also which was a miss-build they should really be collectable

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
It just sucks that Dodge did not go with Hemi Orange as one of the colors for the Shaker cars. I would be climbing the walls right now and scrambling like nuts making damn sure one of them was mine! Oh well my hood will be here in two weeks. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts