Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have about 2500 miles on my 14 shaker challenger and am preparing for a 7 day car tour that I am putting on for a group. Before I started the process I wanted to see where the new engine oil will go and I could not find where to put the oil in. I know on the non shaker hemi's the oil fill cap is on the driver side front of the valve cover. On the shaker models this area is covered up by the shaker and air intake tube to the air cleaner.

So I ended up doing things the hard way but thanks to members on this forum I found there is an easier and better way than removing the entire shaker assembly.

You will need a 10mm socket and ratchet to remove the bolts but its a much easier process than I went through in removing the entire shaker. There are 4 10mm nuts in between the shaker scoop and the rubber seal. They are silver in color with the blue M on the head of the cap nut. Once you remove this top part of the shaker there will be a large cap to remove from the shaker base that allows you access to the oil fill cap.

Its still a bit of a pain but in my opinion the shaker is so cool it is worth it in my opinion! Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
5 Posts
changing/adding oil with a shaker

Doug,
You only need to remove (4) 10 mm stainless cap nuts (with the Mopar "M"), remove the scoop and seal, as a unit then remove a large cap that says "remove for oil fill access" to get to the intake manifold oil fill and add oil. There are other posts here and on the "other" Challenger forum that show pictures. Look between the seal and the scoop from the top to see the nuts. You didn't need to remove the whole Shaker and duct attachment.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to see those pics. I see no other way to get the unit off other than to take the 4 10mm nuts off. Two in the back, two in the front of the shaker. Real pain in the butt. Thanks for the info, I looked for several hours and found no info on shaker removal and still do not find anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
scoop removal

Sorry didn't have any pictures available but I pulled the above one from eBay. See the nut in the front and back? They are kinda hidden by the seal on the assembled unit but this shows where to look. Four corners of the scoop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
oil cap on the right, doesn't take anymore then 5 mins to take it off and put it back on. Remember that when putting it back together to make sure that the interior portion of the gasket rests between the top and bottom shaker pieces before tightening everything back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your assistance on this shaker issue. While its a bit of a pain having to remove the shaker top, its worth it as the shaker scoop is the best thing about this car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts