Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
The dual quad i bought from mopar says to do 11lb ft, that loose?
That is not what is even covered in this thread, this thread covers the 5.7L plastic intake manifold, not what your PDF file covers.
If the PDF of that intake manifold specifies a certain torque then do what it tells you to do!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
My bolts still have not moved according to the marks but I am not going to test the torque on the bolts since I have already done it 3 times before I put the witness marks on them, as I don't want to risk cracking the plastic. It is obviously not the bolts so IMO it is the gaskets and the intake plastics reaction to hot and cold cycling, but seeing as how I probably started out with approximately 20 inlbs upon discovery of this intake manifold being loose, it should be more than good even if it has loosened a little.
An awesome fix for the 5.7 manifold would be to replace it with the 6.1 manifold, which will solve the torque problem and give a performance increase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to repair Cadillac's with the Northstar engine, which has a very similar intake manifold. They have the same problem with bolts coming loose, but it usually takes a few years. The cause, I believe, is due to the low torque spec and I'm sure the different expansion rate of the materials has a hand in it along with the heat cycles.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
An awesome fix for the 5.7 manifold would be to replace it with the 6.1 manifold, which will solve the torque problem and give a performance increase.
True indeed!
But personally I am on the fence deciding to either go the cam route or supercharge it, and if I go the supercharger route, the intake will be replaced anyway.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Like this.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
True indeed!
But personally I am on the fence deciding to either go the cam route or supercharge it, and if I go the supercharger route, the intake will be replaced anyway.
You could do both...

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
You could do both...
Or neither, tossing a bunch of money away in times like these, is risky business.

Unless you have your head in the sand, clueless as to what's going on in this world.

My upgrades are done, until I see what things are like when this Covid threat is over.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Or neither, tossing a bunch of money away in times like these, is risky business.

Unless you have your head in the sand, clueless as to what's going on in this world.

My upgrades are done, until I see what things are like when this Covid threat is over.
Or unless money was put aside to do the mods. As for what is going on, I put my trust in the Lord, not the politicians or media...

141 - 148 of 148 Posts