Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I read somewhere you can do it...it unscrews, but the gorilla that puts the oil filters on at the factory must have tightened it...I believe it's on there good...maybe try putting it in a vise to hold the bolted end then wrap the ball with that rubber drawer liner then use a nylon strap oil filter wrench to break it loose...good luck

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
It's very easy to do. Pop the entire ring off around the boot. If I remember, it is held down with 6 clips. Be gentle with it. A plastic pry tool is your best friend for this job. There are two bolts that hold it on the arm. Use a tie-down to reinstall the bottom side of the leather boot. If you need further instructions, just ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mike, remove the shifter and place section with bolt holes in vise. Use a Crescent Wrench or open end wrench on the two flat spots on the bottom of the aluminum shaft where you attach the shift boot to the shifter. You only need to break loose the shaft and you can then unscrew the shift ball. It takes a 3/8-16 threaded ball and I purchased a white and black Hurst 6 speed shift ball so I can change them out without having to remove the shifter when I feel the need for a change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts