Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My Germany tour has come to an end. I shipped the challenger last week. Got a parting shot with Rothenburg in the background and one last 170mph autobaun trip.

My questions are for people who have shipped vehicles from or to overseas before:

Any particulars to check on or inspect after receiving the vehicle?
Any previous experiences good or bad?

The car shipped with 9200 miles and in perfect shape, i am worried about how they treat it on the boat since my last vehicle came back with some scratches and bruises.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Did you take detailed pictures before you shipped it? You may be able to have any damage repaired.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,410 Posts
Try to stay positive! You get to come home and drive that beast in the USA! Good luck coming home, and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you take detailed pictures before you shipped it? You may be able to have any damage repaired.
I took detailed pics, they cover any damage done up to 20K and my own insurance has to cover the rest (which they do). I got a settlement for the damage they did to my old vehicle on the way here on the spot, it was just a pain in the ass to get it fixed.

I maintain it well and rather not deal with the hassle. Ill be looking for a beater to drive back and forth to work anyways but until the wifes car gets to the states it will be our primary transportation.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That's good. I never personally had a vehicle shipped across the pond but had some domestic shipping done. Sounds like you are well prepared.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I have had one vehicle shipped to me from the UK and I have shipped two vehicles over to Australia. The key is to find a very reputable company. I have used only Schumacher Cargo. You get what you pay for. I never had a problem with any of the shipments using this company.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had one vehicle shipped to me from the UK and I have shipped two vehicles over to Australia. The key is to find a very reputable company. I have used only Schumacher Cargo. You get what you pay for. I never had a problem with any of the shipments using this company.
yeah, the Army ships it for me so its the lowest bidder lol.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You've done all that you could do with taking pictures of it. The Navy shipped my Chrysler 300 from overseas and it had 0 miles as it was brand new. No scratches or any other issues as its now my daily driver while my Challenger only gets driven on the weekends. Just make sure to go over it with a fine tooth comb when you get it and report any issues ASAP. Because we both know how slow the military is when admitting any fault!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So a month past he required delivery date, still no challenger. The new company says it is supposedly in customs in Houston, for the past 3 weeks... A process that took the other vehicle we personally shipped took 2 days. Oh by the way our other vehicle arrived yesterday that we shipped over a month later than the challenger.

There is a Facebook page called international auto logistics reviews and complaints. If anyone else has shipment issues and are military look there for more info.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am joining a class action. But it's a government contract... Service members hardly win, and when they do they usually never send any $

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im about to ship it soon from Germany and the first thing I thought was how to detune it all the way. So I called Diablo Tuners and got confirmation that you can make max rpm super low and max speed low. So when they go for a joy ride in my srt they get a red line of 4000 and top speed of 35. No one gets to burn her up but ME!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah, the Army ships it for me so its the lowest bidder lol.
Yeah, my dad was career Army, and had one of his cars shipped to his new duty station in France with their compliments. It was a 1956 Oldsmobile. When it arrived, he had to travel to the port to retrieve the car. As I recall, both this car AND the brand new car he brought back to the states—a 1960 Opel Rekord station wagon—were shipped without any problems.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Bummer about the delayed delivery of your Challenger! You certainly prepared it properly for shipment but that delay sounds fishy. Maybe I missed something here but what is the stated reason for the delay? I have shipped many vehicles both ways across the pond through out my Army career and never had a problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Government contracted a new company that couldn't handle heir shit... So bad in-fact that over 70% of the vehicles they have shipped are late and over 2000 are missing at this point.

To make matters worse, they never get back to anyone.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Insurance (usaa) is not making payouts for this at this time. They think they will find the cars... At this point this company has had my car for 90 days and is refusing to give it back, didn't meet contract timeline.

My Volvo that I shipped a month and a week later made it last week though.. Traded it in on a new ram already

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My baby made it! 42 days over due. Not so much as a sorry for your inconvenience. You even have to mail off your claim for rental reimbursement.... I want he old company back.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
My baby made it! 42 days over due. Not so much as a sorry for your inconvenience. You even have to mail off your claim for rental reimbursement.... I want he old company back.
Glad you got your baby back safe and sound. I'm amazed at the company's lack of empathy. Ridiculous!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts