Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the factory shock tower covers come off? :confused: I don't want to break one trying to find out. Thank you.

My Challenger is a 2011 R/T.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would have been my guess, but at my age I have made a lot of dumb mistakes. Thanks! :smileup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
they are on pretty tight over the studs if u dont want to scratch or put a mark on them tape the bottom of a small screw driver and place a thin piece of plastic or something not to mar the the paint on the tower and light push the driver under the cover and twist the driver and it will start to work itself off the studs thats how i got mine off if u dont want to save them yank and pull good luck

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to save them. I plan to paint them orange and put them back on.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
If you damage yours during removal, which is pretty impossible, you can have mine. I can't use them since I have a Drake.
Same here.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Super easy to paint too. Just a suggestion though, if you opt for a SpeedLogix tower strut brace, you will need to trim the edge of the cap and I recommend doing that before painting.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i painted mine wash in warm water and dry buy some cheap rubbing alcohol from wall mart wipe them and let dry that will remove any other unwanted products on the covers. when it comes to paint their is non better than crylon fuson it is made for plastic and comes in many colors good luck post some pics

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice offers! :smileup: Thanks! I hope to keep my Dumb*ss attacks to a minimum. I will let you know if I fail.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
. . . I also appreciate the Krylon paint tip. :smileup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.