Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone who has the R/T Super Track Pack show us a pic of your shocks, some claim they have Bilsteins and I say they are Nivomats. Prove me wrong and I will rep you 21 points. No pic's of SRT's!

Here's what Dodge says:

Details on Super Track Pack for 2010 Challenger R/T: - 20-inch Goodyear F1 Super Car tires
- Front and Rear Nivomat Self-Leveling shock-absorbers
- Larger rear stabilizer bar
- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
- Performance Brake Linings
- "ESP-off" Stability Calibration (for the enthusiast)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'll try when I get my car back this week (hopefully).
I have yet to find a good angle to find a brand name on them though. I did look when i picked her up.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Someone who has the R/T Super Track Pack show us a pic of your shocks, some claim they have Bilsteins and I say they are Nivomats. Prove me wrong and I will rep you 21 points. No pic's of SRT's!

Here's what Dodge says:

Details on Super Track Pack for 2010 Challenger R/T: - 20-inch Goodyear F1 Super Car tires
- Front and Rear Nivomat Self-Leveling shock-absorbers
- Larger rear stabilizer bar
- 3.06 Rear-Axle ratio
- Performance Brake Linings
- "ESP-off" Stability Calibration (for the enthusiast)

I think Dodge is putting on different shocks at different times, there seems to be no consistency:

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54831

Post # 14 in the above thread:

This is really an interesting thread and I certainly appreciate/value everyone's contribution. But to add more fuel to the fire so to speak, I did some further sleuthing today at my local Chrysler/Dodge Dealer (Saratoga Springs NY). They had two 2010 R/Ts both with the STP option - A Black (Vin: 2B3CJ5DT7AH195265) and HO (Vin: 2B3CJ5DT8AH200358). After crawling on my back to view the rear shocks I can definitively state both had Bilsteins (part #Part # 680771745 AA) the same as my PCP R/T Classic w/o STP. All three are six speed manual transmissions with the 3.92 Rear axle ratio. By comparison, they also had a White R/T automatic w/o STP that contained nivomats in the rear (just like the 09's and the Edmunds write-up)

So I not sure if there's any consistency regarding the STP package and the heavy duty suspension component - it maybe just the beefier rear sway bar? I wil have to measure my rear sway bar and see it's the same as the 16 mm

So if we have Bilsteins (and I'm including JimB and gordo420 ) it's clear they're not the same as the Bilsteins installed on the SRTs (not only is the color different, but part number as well) So are they the sport, heavy duty shock or comfort version?

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what they are doing at the factory either! :4-dontknow: Seems like they are grabbing whatever shock is handy but it looks like none are the same part numbers as the SRT Bilsteins.
I tried to look up that number in post 14 of the link and got nowhere.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i just went out and looked at my car... 2010, PCP R/T Classic, automatic with Super Track Pak and here's what i found on mine... the first pic is of the part # sticker that i found on the shock... it was loose and about to fall off anyways so i just ripped it off and got a pic of it... appears to be the same part # as Mopar Dude posted earlier... hope this helps... :smileup:

Attachments

Reactions: bigsnake

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
just talked to a parts guy at a dealership. the VIN mopardude put for the black R/T comes up with PN 5039355ag for rear shocks. Which is a mopar PN. so why it has that other PN is beyond him he says. said it might be an "inside deal" at mfg. who knows.

·
RWHP=463.3 RWTQ=456.1
2,340 Posts
And so the mystery continues...glad to know I'm not the only who's intrigued by this. Have to agree, it's what ever in the part bin as the car goes down the line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been an ase certified tech for 15 years. When I was working off and on at several dealers we had run it to similar part number issues. Sometimes throughout the production run on a vehicle several part can change. Either they found cheaper ones, or they're was a recall issue, or sometimes the manuf' of a part simply tried a different version and they will not even say anything. So unless you put the parts on yourself sometimes it's really hard to determine what's on the car. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
while i was at a local dodge dealer i had them look up the shock number for a 2010 R/T automatic with the super track pak... he just looked at me with that "deer in the headlights look". all he said he had in the computer was one part #... i asked what about a shock # for the SE or SRT? he said, nope i just have ONE shock # for all three trim levels... i couldn't believe it... i thanked him for his time... :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
while i was at a local dodge dealer i had them look up the shock number for a 2010 R/T automatic with the super track pak... he just looked at me with that "deer in the headlights look". all he said he had in the computer was one part #... i asked what about a shock # for the SE or SRT? he said, nope i just have ONE shock # for all three trim levels... i couldn't believe it... i thanked him for his time... :4-dontknow:
There are no real parts guys anymore. If you do not have a part number they need your vin number to look up a part.Even with that they can only tell you what is supposed to be on the car according to the vin.I wanted some 18" wheel info since my car came with 20s but my purchasing dealer put 18s on for me, when I asked the parts guy and told him I had different wheels than the vin would show, you could see he was going to have a mental breakdown. I just left.LOL

·
Banned
111 Posts
So far the evidence in this and the other thread that I cited (started by MoparDude):

R/T Manual/TP - Bilsteins

R/T manual w/ STP - Bilsteins

R/T auto w/o STP - Nivomats

R/T auto w/ STP - Bilsteins

All Bilsteins have the same "part #"

With one outlier:

Major League Infidel, R/T manual w/STP - Nivomats.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Driver side rear shock from my 2010 RT Classic 6spd, super trac pack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done, feel sorry for you guy's who didn't get Nivomats or Bilsteins though! Just not right ! :shakehead:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts