Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a short video of my Solo Performance Exhaust on my 12 Yellow Jacket SRT. I am absolutely in love with this exhaust. Zero drone and sounds really good when you get down on it, but quiet enough inside to have a normal conversation. Hopefully this links work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XJEMfNcmE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have solo on my srt though some minor drone around 2k rpm (despite many different j pipe settings) but I do love it as well.

Your link doesn't work, maybe try posting on youtube.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have no drone at any RPM range. Do you have an automatic or 6 speed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
6 speed. Video sounds good, familiar great sound.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
yup sounds familar :smileup:

in my opinion, as good as the video sounds, it sounds even better in person. a little deeper not quit as tinny?? just my opinion or my speaker's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vin it does have a deeper sound in person. Video was taken on my phone so as great as it sounds, it does sound better person. wireling, have you contacted Solo to see what they say about your drone?

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Vin it does have a deeper sound in person. Video was taken on my phone so as great as it sounds, it does sound better person. wireling, have you contacted Solo to see what they say about your drone?
When I first spoke to them about it, they didn't know why I was having so much drone. But they wanted me happy and they just shipped me the the back section with the j- pipes for free and the drone was gone. I still have the other ones they told me to just toss them , don't have the heart, so they are in my garage for now . I love the system and the company, I would recommend them to anyone . :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I first spoke to them about it, they didn't know why I was having so much drone. But they wanted me happy and they just shipped me the the back section with the j- pipes for free and the drone was gone. I still have the other ones they told me to just toss them , don't have the heart, so they are in my garage for now . I love the system and the company, I would recommend them to anyone . :)
I absolutely love their customer service. I am glad they helped you out!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Gone Solo

Just installed a set of of 3" cat back with factory tips from solo, No drone at any rpm. My thinking is These cars should have come with this exhaust,The sound when it idols is somewhat tame but lower,But when the 392 opens up all hell breaks loose. My wife has asked me what i`m smiling about lately. Come on spring

·
Registered
13 Posts
vin57- are you saying that the original j pipes you had droned but they sent you a new set that didn't?

I've adjusted the j pipes every which way and there is still some drone, not alot, but definitely there so I'm perplexed when others say there is absolutely no drone at any rpm.

·
12,990 Posts
Sounds great!!

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
vin57- are you saying that the original j pipes you had droned but they sent you a new set that didn't?

I've adjusted the j pipes every which way and there is still some drone, not alot, but definitely there so I'm perplexed when others say there is absolutely no drone at any rpm.

The first set they sent me was without the j-pipes, which was the set for the 6 speeds. when I told them about the drone, they sent me the j-pipes which were for the auto.
I don't want to hi jack this thread so ....here is the thread on what I went through.
http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=66054

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I get a little bit of drone at highway speeds when I let up on the gas just a bit. It's not too annoying, but it is there. (R/T - Auto Trans)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts