Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for shorty headers for my 2018 Challenger T/A 392. Need be to CARB approved (for use in California).

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't really care about more power. I just like the sound of tube headers. Gives it a little of the old-school muscle car sound.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Don't really care about more power. I just like the sound of tube headers. Gives it a little of the old-school muscle car sound.
I would not have gone to the trouble of installing shorty headers on my 5.7L, if I had what's already on your car?

·
Now that was dumb!
5,993 Posts
Headers are more important for breathing then for sound. Why change what you have? There is really not much to be gained by adding long tubed headers. Dodge engineering has always been the standard for what the industry had done to improve engine performance since the Dodge Brothers. That still holds true today. If you think of what you have, the Dodge Bothers did, and what the Ramchargers did to improve performance it would be useless in the header area to try to improve what Dodge has engineered for your car. Ramchargers designed first......headers, researched runners and variable runner length. Our cars are engineered to use variable length runners according to what we want while driving. The list goes on. IMHO you are fine with the shortys. Along with an active exhaust system it can't be beat. Don't waste your money or your time. Smarter men designed our cars for all the components they gave us. Ya know in our passion to improve sometimes it's just better to think about what we have and how well it works together. Don't waste your time and money. What we have works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts