Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend in the Black Hills Challenger group that added the center stripe under the hood scoop. I love it, and am thinking about getting it. I wouldn't add the other hood stripes since I already have the R/T stripes on the sides of the Scat. I think that would be over kill. Any opinions here?

Here is his wide body Scat with those stripes and the center hood scoop stripe added:

96861.JPG

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the input!

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,760 Posts
Adds a little depth to it. I think that adding only the center part would look just fine.
That would look great as it naturally leads your eyes into the black air vent grille. It also ties in well with your side stripes (meaning that it's tasteful and subtly blends in with what you have stripe-wise). Go for it, but make sure you get an OEM quality vinyl.

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,757 Posts
If you like it go for it just remember it is another obstacle when you use the polisher.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Not a fan.
Just DON'T get the serrated one's that flow back towards the windshield on the sides of that power bulge. Those are ugly!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
389 Posts
It's cool but I agree as it goes back the Vanishing is a little too much vanish, Main thing is what does your Heart and Mind tell you that is your ride and in the end if that is right for you then absolutely go for it.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just DON'T get the serrated one's that flow back towards the windshield on the sides of that power bulge. Those are ugly!
I never planned on getting those! And for Corbin's comment about the polishing: This would be an easy area to tape off. Just one less spot to polish! I now have those stripes on the upper part of the body panels. Just will cover them and polish the area below! Less polishing to me!

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
I never planned on getting those! And for Corbin's comment about the polishing: This would be an easy area to tape off. Just one less spot to polish! I now have those stripes on the upper part of the body panels. Just will cover them and polish the area below! Less polishing to me!
Isn't it exciting getting a new one and thinking up tasteful little things to make it the "Betty Special"? Enjoy yourself and have fun!

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,556 Posts
The center one looks good.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
68 Posts
Hi,

Different, I have a Air Grabber/Demon Hood on my Scat and found something similar on line, not sure if I would add it or not, still a debate in the back of my head, but many ther priorities.

Reference:

If you really like it and want to be different, go for it, definitely a lot of the same old mods on these cars, sometimes nice to stand out in a crowd

Regards,
Jim

·
Premium Member
18,522 Posts
Tried imagining it on a picture of your car. Between the front fender side stripe and the hood one, it makes the front of the car very busy IMO.

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,556 Posts
Nope! I would wrap the hood, roof and rear deck though.
I think the hood would look great. Not the biggest fan of roof and deck though. Some good options though.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts