Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a friend in the Black Hills Challenger group that added the center stripe under the hood scoop. I love it, and am thinking about getting it. I wouldn't add the other hood stripes since I already have the R/T stripes on the sides of the Scat. I think that would be over kill. Any opinions here?

Here is his wide body Scat with those stripes and the center hood scoop stripe added:

View attachment 271730
I think the blackout in front of the scoop would be OK but your car really looks good as is.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I have a friend in the Black Hills Challenger group that added the center stripe under the hood scoop. I love it, and am thinking about getting it. I wouldn't add the other hood stripes since I already have the R/T stripes on the sides of the Scat. I think that would be over kill. Any opinions here?

Here is his wide body Scat with those stripes and the center hood scoop stripe added:

View attachment 271730
Not bad, but I also like your car as is.

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
676 Posts

View attachment 271730

I like the scoop decal a lot.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,711 Posts
Betty...I've mocked it up for you. Having never seen an actual decal on a real Challenger I had to kind of guess. Looks good to me...

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Betty, t’s really not a stripe. It’s a blackout treatment.
...kind of like the black grease the sports players put under their eyes to prevent sun glare.;)

·
Registered
2018 Challenger RT Scat Pack
1,136 Posts
One reason I was NOT upset when I got my 2018 with the standard RT hood was that I felt this hood washed out too much. and did not look distinctive enough. I drove an SRT-392 and liked the view from the driver's seat, but not so much from the front.

Part of it is due to my love for this car:

The scoop is VERY visible due to the awesome paint scheme.

The black out as Derecho mocked up, fixes that problem in my eyes.

I'd go for it!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks so much to all of you for your ideas, opinions, and especially for the photo shopped pic from Derecho! So nice to have all the input. Now for some nice weather! I am wondering if this will be the first time I haven’t driven one of my Challengers in February!
Will talk to the owner of the sublime wide body Scat and get his input. Thanks again!!

Reactions: Derecho

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Would you remove the R/T stripes on the side and just have the hood graphics?
No, as I was only going to put the middle black one under the hood scoop.

·
Registered
781 Posts
One reason I was NOT upset when I got my 2018 with the standard RT hood was that I felt this hood washed out too much. and did not look distinctive enough. I drove an SRT-392 and liked the view from the driver's seat, but not so much from the front.

Part of it is due to my love for this car:

The scoop is VERY visible due to the awesome paint scheme.

The black out as Derecho mocked up, fixes that problem in my eyes.

I'd go for it!
I saw that car and it’s brother at the Transam race in Limerock, CT in 1970. The Dodge Challengers were also there in their brilliant sublime green. They came in on two big rigs whose trailers had matching paint schemes with the cars inside. It was pretty spectacular to see all the teams but the Mopars especially stood out. Unfortunately Parnelli Jones won it in a butterscotch colored Boss 302 Mustang. It was a memorable experience...

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Thanks so much to all of you for your ideas, opinions, and especially for the photo shopped pic from Derecho! So nice to have all the input. Now for some nice weather! I am wondering if this will be the first time I haven’t driven one of my Challengers in February!
Will talk to the owner of the sublime wide body Scat and get his input. Thanks again!!
You're more than welcome Betty. Weather looks like it may be starting to change as we are breaking out of the Arctic cold this coming week with lot's of ups and downs in the temp graph. This may be the sign Spring is just around the corner. With luck, in 3-4 weeks we'll be getting out of this Winter thing for the most part. Last year I was driving in early April!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Betty...I've mocked it up for you. Having never seen an actual decal on a real Challenger I had to kind of guess. Looks good to me...

View attachment 271756
Here is the original pic so you can see the difference. I think it gives it more of a "triangular" look to the hood scoop. I like it.

14532.JPG

Reactions: RonB and Derecho

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Here is the original pic so you can see the difference. I think it gives it more of a "triangular" look to the hood scoop. I like it.

View attachment 271762
I REALLY like the way it would look with that new decal. Adds a level of "ornery" to it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,449 Posts
Betty, I thought you were were looking to put the entire stripe around the top of the hood as shown in the OP. That's why I thought it would be a bit much. If you're referring to just the black part in front of the scoop, I think that would be a nice accent.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Betty, I thought you were were looking to put the entire stripe around the top of the hood as shown in the OP. That's why I thought it would be a bit much. If you're referring to just the black part in front of the scoop, I think that would be a nice accent.
Yeah, when I read your post, I guessed that was what you were thinking. I am not one to overdue the clutter on my car. Just that middle addition to the hood scoop. It certainly isn't a for sure thing, I just thought it would be fun to take a look. Also present the idea to other members!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,600 Posts
Yeah, when I read your post, I guessed that was what you were thinking. I am not one to overdue the clutter on my car. Just that middle addition to the hood scoop. It certainly isn't a for sure thing, I just thought it would be fun to take a look. Also present the idea to other members!
I also thought it was the stripes along the side of the scoop. No biggie to tape and use the polisher if it just the area in front of the scoop.

·
Registered
391 Posts
No, as I was only going to put the middle black one under the hood scoop.
Oh, no. I meant were you going to remove the stripes that go down the side of the car? I wouldn’t want to have too many stripes on the car. I’m still debating if I’d want to add the bumblebee stripes!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I say make the car your own and add the stripes. There are plenty of plain old stripeless Challengers out there or Challengers with the exact same stripe packages. Make your car unique!

·
Registered
613 Posts
now what style? I would go with "A"

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,327 Posts
I also thought it was the stripes along the side of the scoop. No biggie to tape and use the polisher if it just the area in front of the scoop.

I think most of us did....I didn't reply cuz I would have had to say NOPE !

....but just the center part looks fine.......on her car. Mine, not so much being how it's the granite metallic version.

Reactions: Dodgeguy
21 - 40 of 53 Posts