Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,554 Posts
Here is the original pic so you can see the difference. I think it gives it more of a "triangular" look to the hood scoop. I like it.

View attachment 271762
Really thinking black hood would look great. maybe to hard to wrap with all those curves. (Not sure)

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Not a fan of overstriping.... but whatever appeals to you!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Not a fan of overstriping.... but whatever appeals to you!
This isn't a big deal, just a small section on the hood. And I agree, not a fan of doing that either.

Really thinking black hood would look great. maybe to hard to wrap with all those curves. (Not sure)
No way would I ever do that. I agree it might look great, but I love Go Mango and I just can't cover up that much of the beautiful color. That much black just doesn't go well with my climate and low humidity.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Hi Betty. Just dropped into see what’s been happening on the site. Hard to imagine it’s been a year since I sold my SP. So good to see you are enjoying your new SP and have the mod bug! I think the inset in front of the scoop would look good, hopefully Yiu can get the black to match the factory stripes. To really spice it up, depending on where you order the vinyl from, they may be able to add the Scat Pack Bee logo. The company that I ordered the stripes on my SP can do it. Let me know if you would like me to DM you a link. Take care.

kevin

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi Betty. Just dropped into see what’s been happening on the site. Hard to imagine it’s been a year since I sold my SP. So good to see you are enjoying your new SP and have the mod bug! I think the inset in front of the scoop would look good, hopefully Yiu can get the black to match the factory stripes. To really spice it up, depending on where you order the vinyl from, they may be able to add the Scat Pack Bee logo. The company that I ordered the stripes on my SP can do it. Let me know if you would like me to DM you a link. Take care.

kevin
Hi Kevin! So good that you are checking in! Hard also for me to believe your sold your SP. Frank sold his R/T too! I am not really sure about this yet, but if I decide to do this and want the Bee, I will get ahold of you. Take care of yourself and that nice family!

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆ '16 SPS•392 M6 3.90•Barton•Mid/Active Delete•Catch Can•Skip Elim•Mopar Intake•7Y Wheels
209 Posts
I have a friend in the Black Hills Challenger group that added the center stripe under the hood scoop. I love it, and am thinking about getting it. I wouldn't add the other hood stripes since I already have the R/T stripes on the sides of the Scat. I think that would be over kill. Any opinions here?

Here is his wide body Scat with those stripes and the center hood scoop stripe added:

View attachment 271730
I love the center stripe.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆ '16 SPS•392 M6 3.90•Barton•Mid/Active Delete•Catch Can•Skip Elim•Mopar Intake•7Y Wheels
209 Posts
Personally I think the scoop inset would be great. I'm a fan of subtle mods, things you don't really notice at first. Like changing the color of emblem insets (painted my Shaker 392 and grill R/T insets orange instead of red). I agree the scoop stripe would be just enough to offset the side stripes. I think the Bee would be cool if it were a small cutout, but cleaner without it. Just my measily .02$.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Personally I think the scoop inset would be great. I'm a fan of subtle mods, things you don't really notice at first. Like changing the color of emblem insets (painted my Shaker 392 and grill R/T insets orange instead of red). I agree the scoop stripe would be just enough to offset the side stripes. I think the Bee would be cool if it were a small cutout, but cleaner without it. Just my measily .02$.
Agree with you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a friend in the Black Hills Challenger group that added the center stripe under the hood scoop. I love it, and am thinking about getting it. I wouldn't add the other hood stripes since I already have the R/T stripes on the sides of the Scat. I think that would be over kill. Any opinions here?

Here is his wide body Scat with those stripes and the center hood scoop stripe added:

View attachment 271730
Awesome
It States move bit**** get out the way

·
Registered
15 Posts

View attachment 271730
I absolutely love those stripes!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts