Dodge Challenger Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

· Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Update: NO SALE.
Assad, the sales manager that signed my build sheet said, sorry but we need an extra $30k to place your order.

But, this is Huntington Beach, CA....
$30,000???? That is just plain crazy. You could just fly out to Billings, MT. They still have 15 listed on the available list and I believe they don't charge over MSP. What idiots. I think everyone should just hold out and see what happens to these dealerships.... They might be forgetting what state the economy is in right now.

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
61,388 Posts
Nope! I will be contacting the dealership, so I can get some kind of progress report!
Pretty sure they are 3 to 4 weeks away from starting production of the 2023s.

Reactions: MommaBetty

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Pretty sure they are 3 to 4 weeks away from starting production of the 2023s.
Yeah, most are saying 6 months to a year to get them. I mostly just want some confirmation in writing that it was actually ordered! Just saying it isn't good enough for me.

· More Than Just A Car
20,083 Posts
Just read this thread and all caught up.....I'm so happy and excited for you Betty!! Glad to see you went for it, seriously how can you not, right! Hate to see you leave the Orange world, but you're getting what you want and Plum is an amazing color. Looking forward to seeing pics of the car and you with that big happy grin . The Z calendar just got a little more "crazy" !

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Just read this thread and all caught up.....I'm so happy and excited for you Betty!! Glad to see you went for it, seriously how can you not, right! Hate to see you leave the Orange world, but you're getting what you want and Plum is an amazing color. Looking forward to seeing pics of the car and you with that big happy grin . The Z calendar just got a little more "crazy" !
Thanks so much my dear Canadian friend!!

Reactions: vin57

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I might add here, that if for SOME reason the car isn't ordered, I will just buy one from the dealership in Billings, MT. Wish I would have done that first!

· Registered
2023 Scat Pack Shaker PCP 6 Speed
10 Posts
For all those placing factory orders on 2023 Models be aware dodge has their vehicle order tracking page back up and running DODGE FACTORY ORDER TRACKING As long as you have your VON number you can track the progress. BUT because they are so slammed with 2023 orders it may be a few weeks before your order even shows up. I ordered mine 10/31 and the VON is still is not showing up. My salesman at Steve White Dodge said these cars will take a while to get because of the sheer amount of initial orders plus the plant closes for the Holidays a couple of weeks.

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I checked with my dealer today, the order has been placed, and the deposit was accepted. So like the above post, just have to be patient.

· Registered
2022 Challenger ScatPack 6 spd
66 Posts
$30,000???? That is just plain crazy. You could just fly out to Billings, MT. They still have 15 listed on the available list and I believe they don't charge over MSP. What idiots. I think everyone should just hold out and see what happens to these dealerships.... They might be forgetting what state the economy is in right now.
Unfortunately there are plenty of consumers who will happily pay it. Why do you think this is happening? Here's a pic of a 2023 Nissan Z selling for $30K over MSRP at my local dealership in TN. And guess what? It had a sold sticker to someone in TX. By the way this was in September.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Tire

Font Material property Parallel Paper Terrestrial plant

Font Parallel Document Slope Paper

· Registered
2022 Challenger ScatPack 6 spd
66 Posts
I can't even be mad at it because they're not trying to be sneaky about it. It's right there on the sticker bold as ever. Prior to buying my Challenger, I looked into buying a new VW Golf R and it was the same issue. The salesman from another state told me over the phone; full disclosure " we've marked it up $15K above MSRP" supposedly the wiring harnesses are made in Ukraine, which i found out to be true. I politely told him thanks for being honest but I'll have to pass.

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Unfortunately there are plenty of consumers who will happily pay it. Why do you think this is happening? Here's a pic of a 2023 Nissan Z selling for $30K over MSRP at my local dealership in TN. And guess what? It had a sold sticker to someone in TX. By the way this was in September.
View attachment 314168
View attachment 314167
View attachment 314166
Not worth it. But a sucker is born every minute. The Challenger at least has MAYBE some merit in markups as this is the last year. But I still think it is MORALLY wrong,
and dealers who do it should just rot in.......

· Premium Member
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
5,660 Posts
Its like the wild wild west these days, no laws or regulation (enforced) when it comes to price gouging and these added "adjustments" ....
Sad times but its become the norm in a time when people's importance of values seems to no longer exist by more and more.
I mean 1/2 a Million on Ebay Black Ghost Challenger for sale that is not even produced or owned by the Seller? Stellantis / Dodge
is not even concerned about that. Ebay should be in hot water for allowing sellers to pre-sale items.

Just pray that those getting new 22's and 23's do get more down to Earth Deals and get their Dream Challenger.
Bill

· Registered
14 Posts
Sad times but its become the norm in a time when people's importance of values seems to no longer exist by more and more.
I mean 1/2 a Million on Ebay Black Ghost Challenger for sale that is not even produced or owned by the Seller? Stellantis / Dodge
is not even concerned about that. Ebay should be in hot water for allowing sellers to pre-sale items.

Just pray that those getting new 22's and 23's do get more down to Earth Deals and get their Dream Challenger.
Bill
Agree on the crazy Black Ghost on Ebay but nothing says that car will be bought for that. I have always been one to buy used and let the original owner take the depreciation hit. Everything I own is nice old or nice well used. Buuut in this environment it is tough to find nice used stuff for a reasonable price. And because of the demand and prices being had a lot of junk cars are being brought into the market and many people just don't know they are getting a better price because they are buying junk. Prices for good used cars and trucks are high. Everywhere. In this environment it just felt right to go the new route. We got the car that my wife and I wanted @ a reasonable deal for a new car, with warranty and from a local dealer. New cars can have issues also but at the moment we feel good about this purchase.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts