Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been considering that myself. Losing 0 percent financing has staved it off so far, however.

I'd want octane red or a white T/A wb if I were to go that route. Never see white T/As.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
This is your last chance. Do it or you will regret it forever. That is not a good place to be. I retired last year and mine was my gift to myself for 50 years of working and raising a family. So glad I pulled the trigger. The absolute joy I feel every time I see or drive it is hard to put in words.

View attachment 297656
Purchasing my Plum Crazy SP was also my retirement gift to myself for 21 years in the Army...many sacrifices made over the years. I'd also love to have a SPWB, but we're looking for a house and we're nearly debt free. However, I love my PCP SP as it represents the original car that was my dream car when I was 14 years old.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Hey Guy's, could use some opinions. Recently purchased a 2021 Smoke Show Scat Pack WB. The car has been mostly in storage at an out of state property. (Retiring at the end of the year and moving to Fl.)

I have about 10K in positive equity and the car has about 300 miles on the odometer. Other than not having a few options I want it's absolutely 100% perfect. Definitely falls into the 3% KBB excellent category.

The end of the Hemi V8 is clearly on the horizon. That coupled with the current high trade value has me considering ordering one in the exact configuration I want. To be clear and to reiterate, my 2021 is in absolutely mint condition and would be nothing wrong with keeping and modding it.

That being said, I'm crazy about the Hellrasin color! I have a particular affinity for it as I had a 72 Plymouth 340 Cuda in a similar hue years ago. Great memories of that car, so much fun and wish I still had it. I think the Plymouth version of purple was actually called "In Violet" and not "Plum Crazy." I'm sure the hardcore Mopar guys will know for sure.

I would really LOVE to have a Scat Pack auto Widebody In Hellraisin with the Shaker package....I know the likelihood of finding one in that color with said options would be next to impossible.

So what do you guys think? Should I keep mine or use the positive equity to order one exactly as I want.

Thanks in advance!
Elvis sang, "It's now or never..."

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
106 Posts
Purchasing my Plum Crazy SP was also my retirement gift to myself for 21 years in the Army...many sacrifices made over the years. I'd also love to have a SPWB, but we're looking for a house and we're nearly debt free. However, I love my PCP SP as it represents the original car that was my dream car when I was 14 years old.
It’s damn hard to beat Plum Crazy, and no way I’d let that one go!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Guy's, could use some opinions. Recently purchased a 2021 Smoke Show Scat Pack WB. The car has been mostly in storage at an out of state property. (Retiring at the end of the year and moving to Fl.)

I have about 10K in positive equity and the car has about 300 miles on the odometer. Other than not having a few options I want it's absolutely 100% perfect. Definitely falls into the 3% KBB excellent category.

The end of the Hemi V8 is clearly on the horizon. That coupled with the current high trade value has me considering ordering one in the exact configuration I want. To be clear and to reiterate, my 2021 is in absolutely mint condition and would be nothing wrong with keeping and modding it.

That being said, I'm crazy about the Hellrasin color! I have a particular affinity for it as I had a 72 Plymouth 340 Cuda in a similar hue years ago. Great memories of that car, so much fun and wish I still had it. I think the Plymouth version of purple was actually called "In Violet" and not "Plum Crazy." I'm sure the hardcore Mopar guys will know for sure.

I would really LOVE to have a Scat Pack auto Widebody In Hellraisin with the Shaker package....I know the likelihood of finding one in that color with said options would be next to impossible.

So what do you guys think? Should I keep mine or use the positive equity to order one exactly as I want.

Thanks in advance!
You got the bucks do what ya want. Me - I like stock... Just me but a red eye needs big ass slicks or a bad ass drive on 10 inch -- witch you and I are Not.... My best of luck to you

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I will be the voice of reason and sound like a financial advisor. You are going to retire yet you are talking about financing the car. At that point in life you should be paying cash or keeping what you’ve got. The dealer will want his slice of the pie if you trade in so you will lose money on the deal.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
2,701 Posts
"At that point in life you should be paying cash or keeping what you’ve got"
Not necessarily. When I retired, I financed my car at 2%. Left the money I had in my investments. In 15 years, my investment manager has never got anywhere near a return as poor as 2%. I will come out better letting him manage the money vs take it away from him just to avoid 2% financing charge.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Good point, I bought a small tractor a couple years ago. I got a $500 discount for financing it at 0%. I wanted to pay cash but would have lost the discount. 2% is a pretty good rate. If you have the disposable income, go for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Apparently if I order a car I have to take what is available for financing at the time. So no guarantee that I would get 0%. That's not necessarily a deal breaker, but definitely a consideration.....
This isn't necessarily true. When factory ordering, you can ask the dealership to put a "sold order protection" on those incentives, and then they will honor those incentives when the car arrives, OR let you take the new incentives if they are better. The dealership wants to sell you a car, they will do this for you. If that dealer won't do it, there's another in town that will.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been considering that myself. Losing 0 percent financing has staved it off so far, however.

I'd want octane red or a white T/A wb if I were to go that route. Never see white T/As.
The dealer can put a "sold order protection" on the current incentives when you factory order, and you'll either get the current incentives, or you can choose to take the new incentives if they change and are better.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
2,701 Posts
The dealer can put a "sold order protection" on the current incentives when you factory order, and you'll either get the current incentives, or you can choose to take the new incentives if they change and are better.
This is exactly the terms my dealer gave me at the time of order.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Apparently if I order a car I have to take what is available for financing at the time. So no guarantee that I would get 0%. That's not necessarily a deal breaker, but definitely a consideration.....
Don't forget sales tax....may add $4,000 to the price...also, you probably will NOT get low financing, as the Fed just screwed us again this week...and if you retire soon enough, medicare costs are deducted from your social security check, it will be harder to get financing, and the cost factor for a few options will have be reconciled...the color you want is great, but you will going nuts when a bird poops on the car, a grand kid bumps their bike into it, or the fat sister law swings her big carry all bag with those big bad zippers and straps and marks the hell out of it...never gonna get a color right repair ! Think with your brain and not your heart...and YOU make the decision alone as you will have the car for a very long long time. Good luck with your choice and in life !

·
Registered
2017 GREEN GO HELLCAT CHALLENGER
290 Posts

When I retired and had a major health issue , I got myself a plum crazy hellcat ... it unfortunately got totaled ... now I have a green go hellcat .. I would love to be able to afford a brand new hellcat wb in my color choice but I cant . You work hard all your life and deserve what you want but only you know the answer if its affordable , don't regret a quick decision , think it thru and let us know . You win either way ... the one you have is a great machine ... good luck in your decision .

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I will be the voice of reason and sound like a financial advisor. You are going to retire yet you are talking about financing the car. At that point in life you should be paying cash or keeping what you’ve got. The dealer will want his slice of the pie if you trade in so you will lose money on the deal.
This. This is the voice of reason. It NEVER makes sense to quickly trade in a new car for another new car when financing that car. If you can't pay cash, you can't afford it. Funny how others here are quick to spend YOUR money.

Reactions: FOSSS and Patrick70
21 - 40 of 48 Posts