Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
you only live once, and those complaining of raising rates and tax are off base. you will trade your car so tax will offset and rates although rising slightly are just correcting to where they always should have been. the government has been trying to keep them low for so long to avoid recession that now inflation is taking over along with everyone thinking they are worth 30 per hour to flip burgers.

trade her in and get the car of your dreams you only live once, enjoy the time you have on this planet

·
Registered
110 Posts
This. This is the voice of reason. It NEVER makes sense to quickly trade in a new car for another new car when financing that car. If you can't pay cash, you can't afford it. Funny how others here are quick to spend YOUR money.
Normally, and for the first 56 years of my life, I’d agree, but these are weird times. Up until the last year or so, new cars lost 20%+ of their value the minute you drove off the lot. That’s not the case now. I sold a car a few months ago that I’d bought new, drove for 4 years, put over 20k miles on, and Carvana gave me $1k more than I paid for it new. That’s the case and more now with many cars. Still though, if you search around, some dealers are giving decent discounts on new, ordered cars. So you can trade quickly at times now and do even better on the deal. If the OP can get his dream car in such a manner, it’s worth serious consideration at least.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've found many times through the years I compromised a color or option when buying a performance vehicle, because "It Has" outweighed "Don't Have".
My thought has always been life is all about compromise so that mindset tells me keep what you have and enjoy it... HOWEVER I'm getting closer to that "Forever Performance Car Age", and that does change my mindset. It all comes down to how much will it cost you and is it worth it, ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT.

Hey either way you end up with a Bad Ass Challenger 👍

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So this thread is a few months old now. What did you decide to do?

:unsure:
Having looked around a lot and truly evaluated the cost. I decided to keep my 2021. It's hard to give up the 0% financing.
As others have stated going into retirement, adding new debt probably isn't the best idea. :/

41 - 48 of 48 Posts