Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Should I trade my 2021 WB? Order one with the exact options I want? Opinions please!

6K views 56 replies 29 participants last post by  MommaBetty 
#1 ·
Hey Guy's, could use some opinions. Recently purchased a 2021 Smoke Show Scat Pack WB. The car has been mostly in storage at an out of state property. (Retiring at the end of the year and moving to Fl.)

I have about 10K in positive equity and the car has about 300 miles on the odometer. Other than not having a few options I want it's absolutely 100% perfect. Definitely falls into the 3% KBB excellent category.

The end of the Hemi V8 is clearly on the horizon. That coupled with the current high trade value has me considering ordering one in the exact configuration I want. To be clear and to reiterate, my 2021 is in absolutely mint condition and would be nothing wrong with keeping and modding it.

That being said, I'm crazy about the Hellrasin color! I have a particular affinity for it as I had a 72 Plymouth 340 Cuda in a similar hue years ago. Great memories of that car, so much fun and wish I still had it. I think the Plymouth version of purple was actually called "In Violet" and not "Plum Crazy." I'm sure the hardcore Mopar guys will know for sure.

I would really LOVE to have a Scat Pack auto Widebody In Hellraisin with the Shaker package....I know the likelihood of finding one in that color with said options would be next to impossible.

So what do you guys think? Should I keep mine or use the positive equity to order one exactly as I want.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#4 ·
what is wait time for you color/options? you also have to factor in it might be cheaper to just get rid of your car now, at the height of prices as opposed to waiting for the other one to come in and losing money on the deal.

#7 ·
"That being said, I'm crazy about the Hellrasin color! I have a particular affinity for it as I had a 72 Plymouth 340 Cuda in a similar hue years ago. Great memories of that car, so much fun and wish I still had it. I think the Plymouth version of purple was actually called "In Violet" and not "Plum Crazy." I'm sure the hardcore Mopar guys will know"

Yes Plymouth was In Violet , same as Plum Crazy. My first car was an In violet Duster 340 4spd.

Reactions: SFCR and HotDan
#8 ·
Having passed on cars exactly the way I wanted in the past because I figured I could always find another later......and never did, my opinion is to get exactly what you want. You'll always like it and never have that regret. Plus you'll get a nutty good price selling what you have now. I just came back from trolling the local Dodge dealership (closed on Sundays) and I noticed a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the used lot, exactly like mine except it has twice my mileage. I paid $36k for it new. This used one is priced at $38k. Now that's nutty. Oh, and they had a new Scat there, HeckRaisin color and yes, it's nice.

#10 ·
Visit a dealer to get a trade in offer and find out how long it would take to order the car you want. That will provide you with more information to consider the trade.
Keep in mind the delivery date is not etched in stone so press them on being as accurate as possible.
If the numbers work, get exactly what you want. Life is short.

#11 ·
This is your last chance. Do it or you will regret it forever. That is not a good place to be. I retired last year and mine was my gift to myself for 50 years of working and raising a family. So glad I pulled the trigger. The absolute joy I feel every time I see or drive it is hard to put in words.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

#22 ·
Purchasing my Plum Crazy SP was also my retirement gift to myself for 21 years in the Army...many sacrifices made over the years. I'd also love to have a SPWB, but we're looking for a house and we're nearly debt free. However, I love my PCP SP as it represents the original car that was my dream car when I was 14 years old.

#19 ·
I say DO IT. I ordered mine exactly like I wanted it and am so glad I did! I share your love of Hellraisin, it is an awesome color! Like others have said, this is your last chance to get exactly what you want, and to own it from new. Plus order it and your name will even be on the window sticker haha. DO. IT.
View attachment 297659
Absolutely stunning!!!!!!:love::love::love:

#13 · (Edited)
Keep the car 100%. 90% of the people will get sick and tired of allowing the green freaks to dictate whether or not we use fossil fuels. We take back the house this year and maybe the Senate and in 2024 the presidency and we bring back the country that 90% of us want. Keep the car. There will not be a 3rd round of muscle cars.

#14 ·
For sure DO IT.... in just over a year these cars will be gone, you will always love your current car, but in the back of your head you will ALWAYS think I should have ordered what I want. Get the one you want and keep it for as long as you can. Like others here have said if you can do it now, your current car is in great shape and you are not upside down on the car. Buy the one you want.

#16 ·
Hey Guy's, could use some opinions. Recently purchased a 2021 Smoke Show Scat Pack WB. The car has been mostly in storage at an out of state property. (Retiring at the end of the year and moving to Fl.)

I have about 10K in positive equity and the car has about 300 miles on the odometer. Other than not having a few options I want it's absolutely 100% perfect. Definitely falls into the 3% KBB excellent category.

The end of the Hemi V8 is clearly on the horizon. That coupled with the current high trade value has me considering ordering one in the exact configuration I want. To be clear and to reiterate, my 2021 is in absolutely mint condition and would be nothing wrong with keeping and modding it.

That being said, I'm crazy about the Hellrasin color! I have a particular affinity for it as I had a 72 Plymouth 340 Cuda in a similar hue years ago. Great memories of that car, so much fun and wish I still had it. I think the Plymouth version of purple was actually called "In Violet" and not "Plum Crazy." I'm sure the hardcore Mopar guys will know for sure.

I would really LOVE to have a Scat Pack auto Widebody In Hellraisin with the Shaker package....I know the likelihood of finding one in that color with said options would be next to impossible.

So what do you guys think? Should I keep mine or use the positive equity to order one exactly as I want.

Thanks in advance!

Do it. Do it tomorrow ... or now. Never settle!

If your local dealer won't work with you ... reach out to one that will sell to you at or below MSRP.

We'll look forward to seeing you down here in Florida soon.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man
#35 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Apparently if I order a car I have to take what is available for financing at the time. So no guarantee that I would get 0%. That's not necessarily a deal breaker, but definitely a consideration.....
This isn't necessarily true. When factory ordering, you can ask the dealership to put a "sold order protection" on those incentives, and then they will honor those incentives when the car arrives, OR let you take the new incentives if they are better. The dealership wants to sell you a car, they will do this for you. If that dealer won't do it, there's another in town that will.

#18 ·
#20 ·

Thanks in advance!
At the start of retirement is a bad time to have substantial debt or to take on substantial debt. 'course, how bad this is depends upon your financial situation.

If you are comfortable with the debt you will have and feel the cost is worth it to get just the exact car you want...

However, I have to ask: What is the "cost" of trading cars just to get those "few options" you want (but apparently didn't want bad enough to keep you from buying a car without them)?

#23 ·

Thanks in advance!
Elvis sang, "It's now or never..."

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man
#30 ·

Thanks in advance!
You got the bucks do what ya want. Me - I like stock... Just me but a red eye needs big ass slicks or a bad ass drive on 10 inch -- witch you and I are Not.... My best of luck to you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.