Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by saying I have a '10 srt8 6m with super 10 mufflers and reso delete but I still want it louder... I read that a muffler delete can reduce low end torque but raise it at higher rpms. But what I can't seem to find out with my research is if people have recorded slower 0-60 times due to the muffler delete?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
You may need to pull fuse #2 for 30-60 seconds and reinstall. This will reset the PCM's adaptives and may restore the power you recently lost from the muffler delete. There have been many members on here who did something similar and the fuse trick resolved the issue. Worth a shot anyway.

Just pop open your fuse box under the hood and use some needle nose pliers to pull out the #2 fuse and wait about 30-60 seconds before reinstalling. The fuses are listed out on the inside of the fusebox lid.

Give it a shot and see if that helps.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,314 Posts
Yeah, mine are slower... from all the wheel spin!!! LOL...

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
7,771 Posts
What are you judging it off of?The timers on your model year are not accurate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may need to pull fuse #2 for 30-60 seconds and reinstall. This will reset the PCM's adaptives and may restore the power you recently lost from the muffler delete. There have been many members on here who did something similar and the fuse trick resolved the issue. Worth a shot anyway.

Just pop open your fuse box under the hood and use some needle nose pliers to pull out the #2 fuse and wait about 30-60 seconds before reinstalling. The fuses are listed out on the inside of the fusebox lid.

Give it a shot and see if that helps.
Well I haven't deleted the muffler yet but im just wondering if other people did and saw lower 0-60 times? By the sound of what you're saying it seems some people did but resetting the #2 fuse helps?

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
There's been quite a few people on here who got different exhausts, muffler deletes, resonator deletes, etc and said they felt like they lost low end power. Generally after they pulled #2 fuse the power was restored. Something to do with reseting the PCM's adaptives. On the newer models I believe it's fuse #31 (2015 and up).

Like the other guys have mentioned above, the 0-60 timers on the 2014 and older years are not as accurate as the sensor is on the rear wheel, so wheelspin can throw the times off.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
7,771 Posts
I thought you were shopping for a reso delete price yesterday?This thread does not make sense.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's been quite a few people on here who got different exhausts, muffler deletes, resonator deletes, etc and said they felt like they lost low end power. Generally after they pulled #2 fuse the power was restored. Something to do with reseting the PCM's adaptives. On the newer models I believe it's fuse #31 (2015 and up).

Like the other guys have mentioned above, the 0-60 timers on the 2014 and older years are not as accurate as the sensor is on the rear wheel, so wheelspin can throw the times off.
Ok thanks, I guess I'll remove the super 10 mufflers and see what happens

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Cool. Keep us posted. I know there was a guy on here a year or two ago that lost some power after a resonator delete and he couldn't figure it out. Turns out after he pulled fuse #31 (his was a 2015) the car totally woke up and felt right again. Sounds kind of silly, but something as simple as that fuse can affect things.

I used to pull the fuse #2 every other month or so because my car would become "sluggish" after a while as I daily drove it and sometimes got stuck in heavy traffic and really couldn't hammer on the car. I'd pull the fuse and my car would wake up again, have better throttle response, etc.

Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool. Keep us posted. I know there was a guy on here a year or two ago that lost some power after a resonator delete and he couldn't figure it out. Turns out after he pulled fuse #31 (his was a 2015) the car totally woke up and felt right again. Sounds kind of silly, but something as simple as that fuse can affect things.

I used to pull the fuse #2 every other month or so because my car would become "sluggish" after a while as I daily drove it and sometimes got stuck in heavy traffic and really couldn't hammer on the car. I'd pull the fuse and my car would wake up again, have better throttle response, etc.

Anyway, good luck!
Ok thanks, one more thing though, do you remove it from the fuse box in the trunk? And do you do it while the car is off?

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
7,771 Posts
Car off,and the fuse is in the engine compartment box.Fuse legend is marked on lid of box #2.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Would you do this if you had a custom tune also?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I used to pull my fuse #2 out of my old R/T every couple months to reset things after driving a lot in traffic. I had a Hemifever tune on the car, still woke it up.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I used to pull my fuse #2 out of my old R/T every couple months to reset things after driving a lot in traffic. I had a Hemifever tune on the car, still woke it up.
OK, yeah I've got a Hemifever 93 tune on the V6. So no derogatory side affects and no problems with the tune by pulling the fuse then?

All we drive is city traffic. Constant stop and go.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Nope, it just resets the adaptives. If you drive the car a lot in traffic and can't open it up much, the computer learns this and adjusts some parameters in the car, like throttle response, etc. So basically it gets a little soggier and slower feeling. Pulling the fuse resets everything to stock. So if you drive a lot in traffic and slower type driving overall, it will "wake" the car up some. If you drive it like you stole it all the time and you pull it, it won't likely make any difference at all.

The tune is loaded into the PCM, so nothing changes that. The fuse pulling just affects the adaptives, not the tune itself. So you should be fine.

I think on your 2015 it's fuse #31, on 2014 and earlier models its fuse #2. There are a few threads on here that go into more detail on that, but I think those are the fuse numbers if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Flatlandschallenger

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nope, it just resets the adaptives. If you drive the car a lot in traffic and can't open it up much, the computer learns this and adjusts some parameters in the car, like throttle response, etc. So basically it gets a little soggier and slower feeling. Pulling the fuse resets everything to stock. So if you drive a lot in traffic and slower type driving overall, it will "wake" the car up some. If you drive it like you stole it all the time and you pull it, it won't likely make any difference at all.

The tune is loaded into the PCM, so nothing changes that. The fuse pulling just affects the adaptives, not the tune itself. So you should be fine.

I think on your 2015 it's fuse #31, on 2014 and earlier models its fuse #2. There are a few threads on here that go into more detail on that, but I think those are the fuse numbers if I remember correctly.
Awesome. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts