Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontknow:Well, here we go again! I have a 2011 SE and have had trouble since the car had 2000 miles on it with the windows going up and down on their on as if you were trying to open the door. They will cycle until the battery dies. This is the 6th time I have had this problem and the fourth set of parts that have been installed(waiting on parts now). The last repair lasted aprox 14 months. You can roll the window down about 3 inches and the cycling will stop, but your battery still dies. Chrysler is willing to fix even though my car is out of warranty, but will not furnish a rental car. Parts delivery in 5 days. I love my challe, but am extremely disappointed in Dodge for not finding a remedy to this issue. I am about ready to trade for a new charger to eliminate the "smart window " problem. Has anyone else had this issue as many time as I have? If so, did you solve the issue?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just had that door latch/window sensor replaced a couple of weeks ago... I hope it stays fixed and doesn't turn into a recurring issue like what you're experiencing. Good luck!

·
Registered
600 Posts
You must have an underlying issue that's causing parts to fail, no issues with my 2012 with 32k on it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'd have to pull out my paperwork to get a real number, but, I'm going to guess that I've had both windows' motors and/or sensors repaired about 8 to 9 times (total) in the almost 5 years that I've had my Challenger.

Chrysler keeps fixing it, and my parts should be arriving at the dealership today or tomorrow for the latest repair.

My issue seems to be that the drop-down doesn't work after a while or that one window or the other goes down really slowly.

One time when they fixed it they accidently broke the button and the auto-down wasn't working so I had to wait for that part to come in later.

:4-dontknow: As someone I see at work always says "But, whater ya gonna do?"

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
OP, have you taken the car to a diff dealer or is the same one doing all the repair ? You may want to have someone else look into this and see what the underlying issue is...

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,410 Posts
Ahhh, maybe back to the "old days roll up & down windows"! Why didn't the old two door windows have to roll down a couple of inches when opening the door?????

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
most of them had full frame door though, no? I've never had a car with "floating" windows that didn't drop down a little before opening...protects the seal and the glass.

to the OP...you need to go see someone else...there's obviously something else wrong. They migh be fixing what is broke, but they aren't finding the real issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts