Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Se with 63000 miles on it, when I pulled on to my road I heard a slight whine form the engine. When I pulled into the driveway I turned the car off and popped the hood to check the oil and see if there was any obviously wrong. Well smoke was pouring out of the alternator, I made sure everything was turn off and ended up disconnecting the battery after 20 minutes it finally stopped smoking (luckily no flames). I called the dealership and had it towed in, they will look at it tomorrow and see if it will be covered under the extended warranty. Has anyone else had this problem ??

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,615 Posts
I have a 2011 Se with 63000 miles on it, when I pulled on to my road I heard a slight whine form the engine. When I pulled into the driveway I turned the car off and popped the hood to check the oil and see if there was any obviously wrong. Well smoke was pouring out of the alternator, I made sure everything was turn off and ended up disconnecting the battery after 20 minutes it finally stopped smoking (luckily no flames). I called the dealership and had it towed in, they will look at it tomorrow and see if it will be covered under the extended warranty. Has anyone else had this problem ??
While I have not I have heard some people on the Charger side have had alternator issues.It has me concerned because I have a 2011 Charger with the 3.6.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,615 Posts
They replaced the alternator, they are not sure why it burned up but it the first challenger one they have had a problem with .

:4-dontknow:
Well that is good news, thanks for the update.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I have not heard of anyone having that issue in 4+ years. Glad the dealer took care of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts