Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a while back under exhaust but got no response so I am trying here in the general discussion:

I replaced my resonators with a Blastin Bob's kit and loved the sound but after a few months it developed what I can only call a very embarrassing backfire, pop, crackle under a varied throttle condition. After it got to the point where I could not stand it anymore, I took it over to the guy that installed it and he looked at it. I had been told that this happens when the system has an air leak and sucks air into the exhaust. The guy tightened some of the connections and it seemed to alleviate the condition a lot but it still pops and over the last couple of months it is getting worse again.

Has anyone else had this problem? any suggestions on other mfr kits that has not done this to them. Anybody??? Help??? I feel that other car guys are doing this :hah:at me and I am like:4-dontknow: sorry, no clue but I am embarrassed even if no one else hears it!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I put my Blastin Bobs on in the driveway then headed down to the local muffler shop (good one that bends up systems) and got it welded up for $30
I didn't want to have to worry about it, painted the welds while it was on the lift

·
Registered
493 Posts
Try loosening all the Torqa clamps and pull the cold end forward as far as you can to increase the tube insertion. Clamps aren't very effective if there is nothing to clamp onto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.