Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a GT AWD, but not finding what I want in Plum Crazy (which is not negotiable!). This would be my only car. Does anyone have anything besides the AWD and drive in the snow? I'm in Denver, we don't USUALLY get crazy amounts of snow but still a big concern here. There are only 2 GT's in PCP within 1000 miles of me with anything close to the options I want. I would like to buy it this weekend, but don't want to drive to Cincinnati to get it! Also don't want to wait 2 months to order from factory. (Can you tell I'm impatient?)

Help? Insight? Snow is really my biggest concern.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,581 Posts
First - welcome from the Conch Republic!

Second - there are a number of members who drive their rear wheel drive Challengers year round. I'm sure they will chime in.

Third - good things come to those who wait. and if you go to Cincinnati to get your Challenger - look at all the fun you'll have driving it home!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
Greetings PCP lover. Welcome from WI!
Another option is to have the car shipped out to you.
We bought my wife's Furious Fuchsia R/T down in TX and had it shipped up to WI.
Where there's a will there's a way.
Don't settle for what you really don't want.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I drive my Challenger in the snow and probably more snow than you get. If you put winter tires on it a RWD Challenger it will go through the snow just fine. Not deep snow, the low ground clearance is not good in deep snow, but I have been through at least 6 inches of snow even with the factory all-season tires.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,157 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Get what you want even if it's a bit out of the way or you have to wait for "your specs" model.
If you can't wait and go with an R/T you can grab a set of new 18" steel Charger police rims for under $100 each and mount up some snows. I got rims and snows cheaper than 20" snows alone. Plus your good rims stay out of the wintry mix.

Mine does absolutely great in the snow no matter the storm and we've have had lots of them. These cars do very well in the winter wonderland. Some of us can only have one car and this one does it all sporty, fast, and comfortable.
20161217_115050.jpg

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,784 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South West Florida!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,576 Posts
Looking to buy a GT AWD, but not finding what I want in Plum Crazy (which is not negotiable!). This would be my only car. Does anyone have anything besides the AWD and drive in the snow? I'm in Denver, we don't USUALLY get crazy amounts of snow but still a big concern here. There are only 2 GT's in PCP within 1000 miles of me with anything close to the options I want. I would like to buy it this weekend, but don't want to drive to Cincinnati to get it! Also don't want to wait 2 months to order from factory. (Can you tell I'm impatient?)

Help? Insight? Snow is really my biggest concern.
I would not drive a RWD Challenger in the Denver area. I know they had a pretty mild winter this last year, but that isn't always the way it works. Not only snow to worry about, but also ice. I drove different cars for about 6 years that were only RWD and put 120 miles per day on them. NEVER again. I am with T, fly out and pick up the car if you are that impatient. It would be a fun drive home!

·
Registered
22,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Welcome from the Chicagoland area! I have driven mine in an inch or two, and it does very well, but nothing deeper. First concern on mine is damage to the front air dam, if I start plowing through drifts or something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I drive my 2016 R/T year round in Ontario. Here on the shores of Lake Huron we get plenty of snow. I run snows all round and it is a decent winter driver.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hello and welcome to the brotherhood of muscle, go Bucks. Did you inquire about oder ing one from the factory?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts