Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out to dinner with the wife, "red lobster" Im hooked on it..haha..Anyways,I pull in my parking spot, nobody around me, and this pulls up next to me, we both get out, stare @ each others cars, and the guy says "with his wife i'm guessing" standing there also..wanna race...HAHA..both of our ladys saying, almost @ the sametime..NO! im hungry!..So I got off the hook..lol..I just wondered to my-self, if my SRT8 SC would @ least keep up...

Attachments

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Haha. I think you can take him with an SRT (SC=Supercharged?). An R/T might struggle a bit.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
ahhh you would of won...I like your answer though.

I get asked that to now and then....I love the look on their faces when I answer back with " why?"....they don't know what to say.. LOL. I guess I look at it as I have nothing to prove, the fact they ask tells me they are the ones who have something to prove.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
2013 Nissan GT-R = 0-60 in 2.7 seconds with launch control on... quarter mile in 10.8 and change..... The car is all electronics - you don't really drive it as much as you just hold on and let it do all the work for you...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Them cars look too close to each other, I would park a mile away to not be next to someone even though that don't mean much these days.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Them cars look too close to each other, I would park a mile away to not be next to someone even though that don't mean much these days.
True. I at least make the effort to park away from potential door ding. But

then again he did say Red Lobster. Parking there is usually really limited and

full.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
ahhh you would of won...I like your answer though.

I love the look on their faces when I answer back with " why?"....they don't know what to say.. LOL. I guess I look at it as I have nothing to prove.
now this is the best answer!!!!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
2013 Nissan GT-R = 0-60 in 2.7 seconds with launch control on... quarter mile in 10.8 and change..... The car is all electronics - you don't really drive it as much as you just hold on and let it do all the work for you...
Yes you would have been creamed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I sure hope the guys saying the challenger could have won are joking, hard to sense sarcasm on the internet. The GT-R would be gone before you got half way through 2nd gear. It's known as Godzilla for a reason.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
I'm sure that's why he said " wanna race "....I would have more respect for him if he would of just said ....nice car.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
My neighbor has a GT-R Track Edition. It's totally wrapped in a White Satin...pretty sweet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lol, the GTR goes 0-60 in UNDER 3 seconds. Thats..its just insane. Even with your SRT supercharged, theres no way your beating that lol. Would have been a fun race though! Beautiful picture too!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Don't think even your SC would help in this scenario. I do question him parking so close to that truck, though.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
Agreed. GTR's are unbelievable machines. If i had to buy an import that would be the one.
They used to be a best buy at $90,000 performance wise but now they can reach $150,000.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts