2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a quote.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,020 Posts
I just got a quote.
Here's the generic invoice for when I had my new SPWBS done. The detail shop picked it up in an enclosed trailer from the dealer's lot. I didn't see it for another month. It was worth the wait!

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. For a 3 year ceramic treatment only, $1,200.00 - $2,500.00.

Reactions: JTR18SHAKER

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Thanks for that. For a 3 year ceramic treatment only, $1,200.00 - $2,500.00.
Sounds high. I got 4 year full ceramic in March of last year for $1100.00. First item on the quote I sent. Use it to negotiate.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds high. I got 4 year full ceramic in March of last year for $1100.00. First item on the quote I sent. Use it to negotiate.
$1,200.00 is too high when you paid $1,100.00?? Did yours include windows and wheels? Everything is more expensive with this inflation.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
244 Posts
Are you guys inferring that the ceramic coating has a life expectancy of 3-4 years?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you guys inferring that the ceramic coating has a life expectancy of 3-4 years?
Yes. They have 3 year, 5 year, 7 year and so on. Each group is approximately 50% more.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
i had a 5 year expel done on my scat. windows, rims, etc. even though the car was literally 1 week old, it was color corrected, clay bar'd and had the iron stuff applied ( i watched that part, shows purple where there are impurities on the paint and clear coat) all in, it was $1800.00 they had the car for 2 weeks. almost 3 years in with the car, and it looks better than new.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
$1,200.00 is too high when you paid $1,100.00?? Did yours include windows and wheels? Everything is more expensive with this inflation.
Yes windows and wheels included. And 4 year guarantee not 3. Your range was $1200 - $2500, I figured the middle, $1850 and that is too high. If you can lock it at $1200, yeah right now that's probably competitive.

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes windows and wheels included. And 4 year guarantee not 3. Your range was $1200 - $2500, I figured the middle, $1850 and that is too high. If you can lock it at $1200, yeah right now that's probably competitive.
I have contacted 3 shops now. They all list 1,3,5, or 7 year plans.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I have contacted 3 shops now. They all list 1,3,5, or 7 year plans.
Yeah, not sure why my shop offers 4. Odd #'s seem to be the standard.That's just the warranty, owner told my I could expect 5 years with good maintenance. But Kenzo's warranty is 4 years.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,135 Posts
The prices vary to the extreme. I had mine done for approx $500. Supposed to last two to three years depending on type of use. I garage mine and wash it after each use. The tech said I should get the max out of it because of the way I care for it.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The prices vary to the extreme. I had mine done for approx $500. Supposed to last two to three years depending on type of use. I garage mine and wash it after each use. The tech said I should get the max out of it because of the way I care for it.
I'm just kinda worried about the low guy. I understand unless this person knows what they are doing, they can damage your paint. Based on what I read, no way someone can come to your home and do this in your driveway.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I paid around $2000. Wheels, door jambs,
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate

engine compartment etc. 5 year warranty. I have to take it in once a year for maintenance/ refresh. That costs $300.00. Did you ask if there was any yearly maintenance? The shop that did mine is super high end. So i dont mind giving them the car once a year for a few days. Car looks better than new every time i pick it up.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Purple Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Can someone explain the benefits of ceramic coating? I’m guessing it goes beyond giving the car a good detailing? Do you wax it or can you skip that?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Can someone explain the benefits of ceramic coating? I’m guessing it goes beyond giving the car a good detailing? Do you wax it or can you skip that?
I asked the same thing when I got mine done. Oversimplification, but think of it as super hard wax that last for years. And there is no waxing required. When I asked my detailer if I should just wash and wax it normally, he just laughed and said wash it all you want, but no need to wax. He did recommend a once a year refresh which as stated is about $300. It has been almost a year and the car still looks and beads water like the day I picked it up from them. It will get it's annual though. It also blocks UV rays and damage.

Reactions: Maxedwell

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My understanding is ceramic coating reduced the surface tension of whatever it is applied to, to the point dirt and grime doesn't stick to it very well. Making car washes VERY easy.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Very true! Bugs just wipe right off. Even in the hot Summer.

Reactions: Maxedwell

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
My .02- Ceramic coating is perfect for the person who does not want to apply wax/sealant to their vehicle. I coated my Challenger and ended up polishing it off because I realized I miss the garage therapy of waxing my car. My F150....coated that thing and will not think about paint protection for a few years. Also how you wash and how often you wash your ceramic coated vehicle will determine the life of it as well. Ceramic is a great product but it is not invincible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts