Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
59 Posts
I just do it myself. But I pretty much do everything myself.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just do it myself. But I pretty much do everything myself.
Of what I learned, the products that are available to the home guy are not the same as those available to professionals. I know I am not confident in my ability to do this.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
59 Posts
Of what I learned, the products that are available to the home guy are not the same as those available to professionals. I know I am not confident in my ability to do this.
I used Cquartz on my wrangler, and other than running it through a touchless carwash when it gets muddy, it never gets hand washed. Three years later, and it has a good gloss even with only that level of cleaning. Water still beads right up.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
195 Posts
it dosent seem to be the best trade off to me, 1500 for ceramic and 300 per year to touch it up or waxing twice a year with a good wax?

or buy a consumer grade ceramic like Adams and apply for a couple hundred bucks or just wax and be done with it.

Since my entire front clip is ppf and i dont think ceramic will do much for it. i think ill just go with adams and maybe reapply every 2 years as needed

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
it dosent seem to be the best trade off to me, 1500 for ceramic and 300 per year to touch it up or waxing twice a year with a good wax?

or buy a consumer grade ceramic like Adams and apply for a couple hundred bucks or just wax and be done with it.

Since my entire front clip is ppf and i dont think ceramic will do much for it. i think ill just go with adams and maybe reapply every 2 years as needed
Yes, if you a DIY type person, this is not hard to do. I have used a several different coatings. My favorite is EXO&CSL
EXO and Crystal Serum Light - Gtechniq USA

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did it myself for about $100 total, four hours of work, and it'll last a few years. Ceramic coating is so easy to do that I wouldn't even consider paying someone to do it. If the car needs it, you could pay to have a paint correction done first for about $200, then get a ceramic coating and the supplies you need for $100 and do the rest yourself.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts