Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user at the end of the week.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My first car was a '66 Chevy Malibu I bought for $850 back in '73. Had the 327c.i., auto, AM radio and the bench seat. Naturally had to add a 8-track player, some mag wheels and jack it up later on...still wished I had that car.

1966 Chevy Malibu.jpg

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,919 Posts

1966 Pontiac GTO. 400 CiD, 4 bbl Holley carb. Probably slower than my 2013 R/T, but to a 16 yr old high school kid it was like owning a Demon.
Also, didn't have those drag radials. Skinny 4-ply poly's all the way around. Looking back, I'm lucky I made it out of my teen years.

EDIT: Engine was actually a 389 CiD. I tended to round it off even back in the late 70's. Sorry!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,093 Posts
Lol, 1964 VW Beetle, 6 volt system.
I got a better lol for ya.... 1974 Ford Hatchback Hibachi, otherwise known as a Pinto.....the vinyl roof was the color of the stuff that Linda Blair threw up in "The Exorcist."

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,996 Posts
My first was a 1962 VW Beetle painted with J.I. Case tractor enamel in my Dad's unheated garage on a freezing winter day in 1972. It looked like a basketball there was so much orange peel in the finish coat. I added peace signs on the hood inserts later in the spring when it warmed up a bit. Zero to 60 was clocked in minutes, not seconds...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
129 Posts
1964 Pontiac Grand Prix, Silver over Black. It had a great big OE vacuum gauge that sat in the middle of the center console. The parking pall was broken so you had to use the "Parking" brake. On cold starts, the choke system would actually cutoff exhaust to the passenger's side of the dual exhaust system and run it thru the intake manifold to heat things up faster. It would gradually open and allow the flow back thru both pipes.

It had a 389 with a Carter Aluminum Four Barrel carb.

·
Premium Member
9,032 Posts
Actually first vehicle was a 59' Ford Pickup truck, 292 v-8, 3 in the tree.
First muscle car was a 1971 Pontiac GT-37, 455 HO, 4 speed stock 385 hp, paid $2200.00 for it just home from 2 year tour overseas.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger GT AWD, Granite Crystal + Black Top + Convenience Group, car nickname: Christine
90 Posts
Hello, cannot find the photos easily (film-made, somewhere in paper form... not digital ones). My first car ever driven was Skoda 100 (1 L four-cylinder rear engine, 42 HP but ~800 kg/1700 lbs only, 0-60 mph time 20+s - something not far from e.g. VW Beetle in terms of performance) and my first own car was Skoda Favorit (1.3 L four-cylinder front drive, maybe 70 HP - the car resembled in size the 1st generation of VW Golf). Then Opel Astra F station wagon (small GM car produced by Opel and Vauxhall in Europe, maybe in other parts of the world as well), 1.6 L 100 HP. Then Ford Galaxy (European MPV, 7 seater, 140 HP diesel four-cylinder, automatic) and Ford Mondeo (aka US Fusion, 1.6 L Ecoboost 165 HP) - both these cars still serve as family cars for our 5-people family.
Sorry for long and none-too-impressive line of European cars... I just wanted to share this - you can maybe understand then how great feeling is to drive 3.6 L V6 305 HP in 2020 GT AWD for me now:)

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,577 Posts
1971 Camaro with a 307. I was 16 didn't take long for me to learn how to pull a motor.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Actually first vehicle was a 59' Ford Pickup truck, 292 v-8, 3 in the tree.
First muscle car was a 1971 Pontiac GT-37, 455 HO, 4 speed stock 385 hp, paid $2200.00 for it just home from 2 year tour overseas.

View attachment 274745
Ahhh, nice. What performance cars looked like before people started removing springs and installing circus clown car size wheels. Looks like it's going fast even when it's standing still.

·
Premium Member
12,605 Posts
1966 Dodge Coronet 440, my first Hot Rod was my next car 1971 Dodge Challenger RT Shaker...

1 - 20 of 114 Posts